Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Skjei and Buch
for
Dvorak, Grabner and pick/prospect?

Value seems fair but I honestly dont even know what AZ needs.

but @ 50% Grabner is a nice add

Reactions: egelband

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah if Fast is traded and especially Kreider goes as well Grabner becomes a decent stopgap even at $3.5 for one more year

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
At 50%, I guess he could replace Fast if he is traded.
50% making it $1.67 aav would be good value for Grabner. But at the same time how much are you paying to make that happen? Are you paying what you basically would get for Fast? And whats Fast’s asking price for salary in the next contract? If its $2 - $2.25 aav, is it worth just keeping him than to go through this process to add Grabner?

Then again maybe this has nothing to do with what happens with Fast

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Didn’t Grabner suffer a pretty horrific eye injury that’s still having an effect on his game?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Arizona has 65 GP...how lol

There is no way they hang on with how tight the West is and how many games in hand everyone has on them.

Wouldnt be surprised to see them sell some players before Monday’s deadline

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Another thing, one guy I think is — misjudged — is Ryan Lindgren.

He wasn’t a big prospect, he didn’t pwn the AHL. His first camp wasn’t out of this world. And so forth.

But this guy has had a TRANSFORMATION that is simply outstanding. When you see him in the locker room he has like no body fat. His stickhandling, skating, everything is much improved.

This guy is doing everything he did in the AHL last season, but Y2Y he is so much improved.

My biggest point with this is that he shouldn’t be brushed aside as an OK D who is doing a good job and surprising everyone for performing over his abilities. If he was in this shape and this well drilled when he was a prospect he would easily have been a top 15 pick. He is a bona fide top 4 D right now.
Lindgren is our Danyeko type player. He is excellent defensively and really fits great with Fox. He bleeds out there for us. I love the guy. LGR!

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yeah if Fast is traded and especially Kreider goes as well Grabner becomes a decent stopgap even at $3.5 for one more year

We can't fit Kreider without trading someone, but you're okay with giving Grabner 3.5 mil?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Arizona has 65 GP...how lol

There is no way they hang on with how tight the West is and how many games in hand everyone has on them.

Wouldnt be surprised to see them sell some players before Monday’s deadline

yeah it’s crazy other teams have 2-5 games in hand on them but they are still in the thick of it at least for the wild card. It would be an embarrassment to have to turn around and sell Hall off for much less than what they paid for him.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If Kreider and Fast are gone that’s a fair chunk of change freed up and it’s only one more year?

mti79

May 11, 2007
Not saying I'd advocate for this, but if Reimer is out long term and Mrazek is iffy... would carolina have interest in Hank at 50%?

I would hate to see him in another uniform, but I'm trying to get my head around it in case it happens....

Hank at 50%, Kreider and a mid round pick for a 2nd, Mattheos and a combination of Luostarinen, Kuokkanen, Geekie, Puistola.

I'm probably way off, but it's midnight and I was just thinking....

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Lindgren is our Danyeko type player. He is excellent defensively and really fits great with Fox. He bleeds out there for us. I love the guy. LGR!
He’s our long term 3LD imo. Won’t ever cost too much money to retain. And will be a defensive, physical Rock for us defensively.

Reactions: Cag29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad