Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
1. Skjei to Carolina for Gardiner 1m retained (negative value) and both 1st round picks. Taking on Gardiner must be worth like a 2nd or at least a 3rd. Skjei is definitely worth more than a 1st round pick. Value can’t be that far off.

2. Three way deal with Toronto and Minny, in which Gardiner at 50% (ie down to 1.5m per) goes to Toronto, Liljegren to Minny and Greenwood to us. Some might say that the value is way off, but retaining 1.5m in Gardiner for FOUR more years has a lot of value.

3. Kreider is traded to the Islanders for Bellows and their 1st, no protection.

Smith replaces Skjei on LD and Hajak is put back in the mix. Greenwood replaces Kreider on the 1st and Bellows provides further internal competition. Truth to be told, I don’t think we become much less competitive.

We would have four 1st round picks, and one of Toronto, Carolina and the Islanders are missing the POs. TORs 1st is protected if they win the lottery, but if they are probably making it and even if they miss it odds are that they wouldn’t win and that it at least would be top 15.
Bern, is that you?!?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Carolina got a lot of interesting forward prospects. If we can get one of Bokk Reese or Puistola thats a good start. Also have multiple 1sts to trade

I'm a big fan of Slepets in their system. He'd be a very good role model for VK. Guy works hard every shift.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yeah. I mean I don't want to read too much into it but I don't see what else we would need to send two scouts for unless it was a big deal for Kreider.

Avs fan coming in peace, those two scouts were in LA a few nights ago and, unless I missed it, didn't watch our game in Anaheim last night. Perhaps they're looking at LA for some reason?

Reactions: egelband

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Avs fan coming in peace, those two scouts were in LA a few nights ago and, unless I missed it, didn't watch our game in Anaheim last night. Perhaps they're looking at LA for some reason?

It is possible, but I can't imagine what for? I suppose maybe Skjei? They are a bottom feeder team so I don't know that many of our pieces would interest them. I feel like if we were going to sign Kreider it would have been done today.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It is possible, but I can't imagine what for? I suppose maybe Skjei? They are a bottom feeder team so I don't know that many of our pieces would interest them. I feel like if we were going to sign Kreider it would have been done today.

The Avs AHL team was in Ontario just down the road last night as well. I guess it's possible they skipped the Avs/Ducks game to watch the Eagles/Reign game :dunno:

Reactions: Gardner McKay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad