Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
You'd think the NYR would have some scouts there if there's mutual interest to deal Kreider to the 'Canes

8 teams with reps on list for tonight Hurricanes/Leafs game in Toronto: BOS, NYI, CHI, PIT, SJ, BUF, CBJ, NJ (and SEA) David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod)

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
You think? He is just leaning back and enjoying the ride. Panarin is looking like he is trying to set a record of over-passing plays and Ziba too.

I get the impression they respect him, but what do I know. You are right about him over passing though. Reminds me of what alot of CBJ fans were saying about him. Doesn't pay much attention in the locker room and is pretty much left to do his thing.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If you scroll up, those were the goalposts. That was the discussion you entered. Whether or not we have the forward depth to compete for a Cup.

You also cant win the Cup with one dynamic line. That won't get you past the first round. This is a team of flashes, not a competitor. More moves needed.
I agree but we have two. We have a 3 lines depending on the development of Chytil and Kakko... pairs nicely with Lemieux and/or Gauthier.

We both agree, more moves are needed but we're closer then people put off.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
The Rangers have been pretty healthy over the last two months but this injury scare to Chytil shows just how thin the team’s depth is. I mean if Chytil is out we are back to Howden centering (an important) third line and we all remember how that was working out earlier in the season.

The thin nature of the teams forward depth is another reason to move Kreider in a 2 or 3 for 1 deal.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Bellows is a scratch tonight for Bridgeport

Ive seen Bridgeport like three times this season. Bellows hasn’t been overly impressive. He got a bit of a coasting look to his game, not super intensive. When you look at his scouting profile at EP his skating is mentioned in positive terms, but by today’s NHL standard he is certainly not quick.

But I don’t have much against him, think that he could be a solid bet. He has a bit of an attitude and a heck of a shot.

But I wouldn’t value him higher than a 2nd round pick. But NYIs 1st without protection is what would intrigue me. Bellows can play from Day 1 in a smaller role at least.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
If they're discussing players there's not really a compelling reason not to have a scout there. If they trade Kreider to Carolina, I'll eat crow, but I'd be floored if that's where he's going.
Also depends on if they are looking at roster players or prospects in their system.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
1. Skjei to Carolina for Gardiner 1m retained (negative value) and both 1st round picks. Taking on Gardiner must be worth like a 2nd or at least a 3rd. Skjei is definitely worth more than a 1st round pick. Value can’t be that far off.

2. Three way deal with Toronto and Minny, in which Gardiner at 50% (ie down to 1.5m per) goes to Toronto, Liljegren to Minny and Greenwood to us. Some might say that the value is way off, but retaining 1.5m in Gardiner for FOUR more years has a lot of value.

3. Kreider is traded to the Islanders for Bellows and their 1st, no protection.

Smith replaces Skjei on LD and Hajak is put back in the mix. Greenwood replaces Kreider on the 1st and Bellows provides further internal competition. Truth to be told, I don’t think we become much less competitive.

We would have four 1st round picks, and one of Toronto, Carolina and the Islanders are missing the POs. TORs 1st is protected if they win the lottery, but if they are probably making it and even if they miss it odds are that they wouldn’t win and that it at least would be top 15.

Reactions: mschmidt64

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If they're discussing players there's not really a compelling reason not to have a scout there. If they trade Kreider to Carolina, I'll eat crow, but I'd be floored if that's where he's going.
You might be right

Rangers have 2 scouts at tonight’s Avs game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad