Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minmonster

May 13, 2018
upload_2020-2-22_10-52-50.jpeg

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
You’ve said the same thing 112 times already, in an impressive 57 different ways.

At the end of the day there are valid reasons why Kreider should, and shouldn’t be signed.

Everyone thinks they’re standing on the right side of the fence, not nobody knows with complete certainty what the correct decision is.

If the rebuild is as successful as it should be, maybe the decision with Kreiders fate in NY might still lead down the same path.

There are multiple amounts of different blueprints that can lead to a Cup. It’s not black and white.

I’ve stopped trying to convince people CK should be moved. At the end of the day I’m a marketing manager who knows no better or worse than most people in this forum.

In Gorts I Trust, regardless of what decision he makes with Kreider (and the rest of the team).

giphy.gif

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
If this is accurate and the offer is 2020 1st, Robertson and Jammark.

You have to wonder what the supposed offer was from the NY Islanders who are supposedly heavy after #20 cited by multiple sources.

20201st, Johnson, and Wahlstrom?

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
The other thing I find really cool and is a bonus is he seems to be part Asian. I am always for bringing in talent of varying cultures to NY. The idea of forming a diverse team with bloodlines which spread across the globe mirrors the great city the Rangers play in and will help all fans and children identify with the players and grow the game of hockey.[/QUOTE]

Just remember one's ancestry should not factor into any trade decisions.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Big bodied American kid that's a shoot first, ask questions later kind of player. LH shot.

Doesn't have blazing speed like Kreider, but the similarities in terms of style of play are there.

He has a middle six NHL forward ceiling that can pot 20-25 goals in his prime. He doesn't have the play driving abilities that Kreider has, but he'll be close in terms of point production.

He and Dallas' 1st would be a great return for Kreider.
2nd line center?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You’ve said the same thing 112 times already, in an impressive 57 different ways.

At the end of the day there are valid reasons why Kreider should, and shouldn’t be signed.

Everyone thinks they’re standing on the right side of the fence, not nobody knows with complete certainty what the correct decision is.

If the rebuild is as successful as it should be, maybe the decision with Kreiders fate in NY might still lead down the same path.

There are multiple amounts of different blueprints that can lead to a Cup. It’s not black and white.

I’ve stopped trying to convince people CK should be moved. At the end of the day I’m a marketing manager who knows no better or worse than most people in this forum.

In Gorts I Trust, regardless of what decision he makes with Kreider (and the rest of the team).
the funny thing is, when you try to have an actual talk/debate.. it never happens. So, when a talk is initiated, it's met with 'LOL you wasted time' . 'you said this 113 times'

Having a logical debate I guess is off the menu. It's too emotional for some when we're talking about taking away their potential shiny new futures. I've been asking for the thought process of 'lets trade all our vets'. I think some people dont comprehend where that leads and/or play it out.

I do trust Gorton, he's done a great job from where we were 2-3 years ago.

Take your real world as an example. When you first came into your new job, picture there being no leadership above you, only kids fresh out of college. How's your work environment now?

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRangers0723

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I can't keep up with this... shit. If Robertson or Dellandrea and a 1st are on the table for Kreider you take it and run!!

!
. I think they are on the fence. They are still interested in keeping him if they can bridge the gap between them. It’s very unpredictable that’s for sure

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Robertson is very comparable to Studnicka for me

If you can get a 1st plus him, we should be doing cartwheels

But I think it would be a tough sell to get both a first and Robertson

Maybe which is why nyr may need to add w Fast for example .... some picks both ways to balance things maybe too

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
the funny thing is, when you try to have an actual talk/debate.. it never happens. So, when a talk is initiated, it's met with 'LOL you wasted time' . 'you said this 113 times'

Having a logical debate I guess is off the menu. It's too emotional for some when we're talking about taking away their potential shiny new futures. I've been asking for the thought process of 'lets trade all our vets'. I think some people dont comprehend where that leads and/or play it out.

Take your real world as an example. Picture there being no leadership above you, only kids fresh out of college. How's your work environment now?
Exactly. I think some forget we are on the SAME team here. We all are Ranger fans. Yes we may disagree but it becomes like two enemy camps lol. Unfortunately that’s how it is in society today too. I’ve seen a lot of nasty things said on both sides just because some are pro trade and some want to keep him(at the right price). Debating is terrific as long as there is respect

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Take your real world as an example. Picture there being no leadership above you, only kids fresh out of college. How's your work environment now?

It really depends doesn't it?

Underperforming, overpaid senior leadership that makes the jobs of those under them more difficult are never fun to deal with.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I wonder how much this game tonight plays into the decision making for Monday? It really shouldn’t at all but it is. And Kreider is holding everything up until he decides what he’s doing.
I secretly want a couple of 2 round picks for this draft but not sure we get them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad