Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Considering 1st+2nd+ decent prospect was frowned at yesterday I'm a bit surprised that Robertson is considered such a panty dropper, but some people watch minor leagues closer than I do.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I’m not. At 19 he has a lot of room to get physically stronger which in itself will create more explosiveness. Plus there is a lot more science and specific programs to work on this aspect of hockey fitness.

Agree. Part of the reason why Chytil looks much better this year is natural progression in strength. It's the same development you see from freshman to senior in high school and college.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
The Dallas return isn’t bad. I think a lot depends on tonight and if the contract talks gap has been bridged at all

Minmonster

May 13, 2018
I don’t know what’s going to happen over the next 72 or so hours, but I can you I’m very impressed with how the coaching staff has developed this young team defensively.

Very excited for this team and with Vezterkin in net if all breaks right we will be playoff bound for years to come.

I just hope that the decisions made over the next several days enhance this team and not set them back, and that’s just a plea to the hockey Gods.

I can make a case for keeping and trading CK. It all depends on outside factors JDJG are weighing right now.
shesterkin has caused the rebuil to change from light speed to ludicrous speed

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Considering 1st+2nd+ decent prospect was frowned at yesterday I'm a bit surprised that Robertson is considered such a panty dropper, but some people watch minor leagues closer than I do.

Haha yeah, not sure how this is significantly different than a deal based around Kaut and a 1st.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I will say that's the one thing I'm worried about with Kakko. I feel like his ceiling will always be capped by his skating. He has little to no explosion.

Skating can be helped in the offseason, look at Boyle and more recently Lindgren as examples.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Janmark is a key player on their shutdown line and gets a ton of minutes for a player of his type. I highly doubt he is someone they would send back for salary cap reasons.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Janmark is a key player on their shutdown line and gets a ton of minutes for a player of his type. I highly doubt he is someone they would send back for salary cap reasons.

Does Dickinson get important minutes ?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I’m reading an article on Robertson on the Athletic. He was featured in “The Gifted” series highlighting prospects who have unique sets of talent. Some very very good names alongside of his.

He’s 6’2 200 plus but he plays like nothing like what his size indicates, but in a good way.

Excellent puck handling skills, more finesse than power, but possessing some real high hockey sense - utilizing open space on the ice to make plays for both himself and his teammates.

He’s one of the better passers, especially on cross ice and seam plays, which fits right into the offensive dynamic the Rangers have going on right now.

They also go into how teams tried to take away a bread and butter play of his and he adjusted using patience and smarts.

Seems like a very cerebral player who’s got a unique skill set:

Robertson has learned to play a game that contrasts his brother. He has learned to disengage instead of engage. He has learned to steal pucks instead of hit for them. He has learned that sometimes skating around someone serves the same purpose as skating through them:

He has learned that patience, timing and the ability to lurk in space can be just as effective as impatience and power. He’s the big kid who plays small.

That talent, as much as anything else he possesses, is what made him the CHL’s top scorer. Before long, that talent will make him an excellent playmaking NHL winger.

The other thing I find really cool and is a bonus is he seems to be part Asian. I am always for bringing in talent of varying cultures to NY. The idea of forming a diverse team with bloodlines which spread across the globe mirrors the great city the Rangers play in and will help all fans and children identify with the players and grow the game of hockey.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
He’s easily the best forward prospect Dallas has

He’s a big kid at 6’2, good hands, good shot

Only thing I’ve seen that’s a negative to his game he doesn’t skate great but it doesn’t stop him from playing his game.

After seeing how Fox has transitioned despite some concerns about his skating, that doesn’t bother me as much as it used to.

6’2? Good hands? Good shot? Sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad