Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I mean I would think that they would set a deadline between the two groups for when negotiations would end and Gorton shifting his focus to possible trades.

I would think that time would be between 3 and 5 today in order two have two full days to work on trades.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Everyone said Columbus couldn't do it last year... You never know.

Agreed. We have the same level of offense, arguably better goaltending now, and solid D. It’s a good matchup and would be a fun series to watch.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I don’t believe anything Dater says but Gorton better move quick if he can’t come to a contract agreement

If demand for Kreider continue's to drop it puts Gorts in a bind to accept the B prospect that isn't good value and could stiffen Kreiders demands on a new contract. Its turning into a dramatic high stakes game as the NYR make there run.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
I really don’t think we’ll trade Kreider for a discount unless he verbally commits to re-signing 7/1. He’s such a big part of the locker room that I truly think he’d take a discount. He’s been on Rangers teams that were meh, bad, good, and great. I’d like to think he realizes the potential of the current roster and the talent coming through the pipeline.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Who is even left to trade with? The Peg and Columbus ... looks to me to be the only teams that have the cap and reason to add to make a run ...

We might just keep it all together and make a push ourselves. To hell with it. Get Hank that Cup and be done with it!

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If demand for Kreider continue's to drop it puts Gorts in a bind to accept the B prospect that isn't good value and could stiffen Kreiders demands on a new contract. Its turning into a dramatic high stakes game as the NYR make there run.
Them going into the weekend without a contract is not ideal for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad