Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lots of talk about ANA potentially packaging Rakell+Lindholm. Similar to how we did with JTM+McD. Wonder if we can get in and rob ANA like TBL did to us. 1st+Chytil+Jones+2nd

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lots of talk about ANA potentially packaging Rakell+Lindholm. Similar to how we did with JTM+McD. Wonder if we can get in and rob ANA like TBL did to us. 1st+Chytil+Jones+2nd

Thats a massive overpay for 2 rentals but id trade both 2nds and next years 1st for Rakell & Hampus and not bat an eye.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Different situations. McDonagh and JT had term, Lindholm and Rakell are pure rentals.

No way Drury should be considering that

Reactions: mas0764

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I’d be down if the NYR could keep both players like Tampa did. Unfortunately that seems extremely unlikely.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Different situations. McDonagh and JT had term, Lindholm and Rakell are pure rentals.

No way Drury should be considering that
Miller was also younger than Rackell. McDonagh arguably better than Lindholm. Plus you want to give a young forward who has been in the league longer AND Jones who has NHL time and shows some promise? We got flippin Howden and Hajek back lol. That is a disgusting overpay.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
By all accounts, Chariot was the most highly sought after rental defensemen available this year. Whether he should've been is another story, but that's the price you pay for a top commodity on the market, and I relative to that, I don't think Flordia paid an absurd price. Next year's first--likely to be very late--a B prospect and a late pick for the top defensemen on the market (just based on likely interest, not evaluating the player's play)

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
If we want another add like Vatrano I still think we should be keeping a close eye on Nick Paul. Shouldn’t cost much, solid depth piece

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We literally have Zero Kanes in any shape or form. Dude is a generational player
He's not a generational player or we have comletely different meanings. Either way, being a hall of famer is great.. He's a great player. He's not what this team needs.

We can move him to Center and have 2 teams eat 50% to make it work.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
At this point, I think Drury's focus should be on Giordano and Lindholm. Im not sure i can stomach pulling the trigger on a 1st for Gio at 38 years old, but 2 2nds or a 2nd and a prospect (Robertson?) is a pretty fair ask. On the other hand, I would trade a 1st for Lindholm, despite the meltdown it would trigger on here.

If you can snag one of those guys youve got a defense that goes 8 deep, and it gives you a chance to be opportunistic over the weekend looking for another forward. I find it very hard to believe the Rangers are trading any of their blue chippers or roster players now that the big fish(Hertl/Miller) are off the market. Giroux is still out there, and with presumably one less suitor (Florida) i do wonder if theres a scenario where the Rangers can give Philly a godfather offer.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I dont even know what point youre trying to make here

It certainly looks a lot less like the “organizational malpractice” we were lectured about, when you’re not even really a top team in your conference.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
At this point, I think Drury's focus should be on Giordano and Lindholm. Im not sure i can stomach pulling the trigger on a 1st for Gio at 38 years old, but 2 2nds or a 2nd and a prospect (Robertson?) is a pretty fair ask. On the other hand, I would trade a 1st for Lindholm, despite the meltdown it would trigger on here.

If you can snag one of those guys youve got a defense that goes 8 deep, and it gives you a chance to be opportunistic over the weekend looking for another forward. I find it very hard to believe the Rangers are trading any of their blue chippers or roster players now that the big fish(Hertl/Miller) are off the market. Giroux is still out there, and with presumably one less suitor (Florida) i do wonder if theres a scenario where the Rangers can give Philly a godfather offer.
And we need 8 defensemen why?

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Because contenders like to have depth on defense in the playoffs. Is that not on Dom's checklist?

No, so you should take note, and probably not spend big to get to 8 defenseman depth.

I’ll take another defenseman here for another middle round pick… not a first. Unless it’s Chychrun.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Youre grasping at straws if youre now arguing that 4th in the conference and top 7 in the league isnt a top team

Actually what I’m doing is pointing out what little salience the point ever had when they were first in the league has less now that they clearly aren’t front runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad