Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Friedman also reiterated that Rangers want a LHD

& Doesn’t mention NYR looking at Copp. Avs & Bruins were only ones mentioned

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This would be akin to the Vatrano deal. Team looking to shed cap to make other moves. Cost should be minimal

It's funny that we're linked with him since he's not exactly a "Drury kinda guy"

But yea. A really dismal year combined with that cap hit should make it a zero risk some reward move. He seems like exactly the wrong type of guy to put on Panarin's RW, but also that's really the only place I could see him utilized.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It's funny that we're linked with him since he's not exactly a "Drury kinda guy"

But yea. A really dismal year combined with that cap hit should make it a zero risk some reward move. He seems like exactly the wrong type of guy to put on Panarin's RW, but also that's really the only place I could see him utilized.

He could certainly help PP2 which is pretty abysmal. Could be a placeholder for Kaako for a bit. Perhaps the cost would be something like Gauthier or Hajek straight up

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Radulov has 18pts in 52gp. 3 goals 15 assist. Playing on the 2nd line according to dailyfaceoff.com and averages just under 15min TOI

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He could certainly help PP2 which is pretty abysmal. Could be a placeholder for Kaako for a bit. Perhaps the cost would be something like Gauthier or Hajek straight up

PP2 doesn't really need help as we pretty much live and die with PP1, which has been the least of our problems.

We need someone who is going to have a positive impact 5v5, Radulov has not been that guy this year and had pretty major surgery last year.

Now could he come here and find that spark again? Maybe, but thats highly unlikely with the way that hes looked this year. Like Kessel (or maybe even more so than Kessel) this just seems like a lazy move where you're buying on a guy because he was a name at one point with hopes that you can catch lightning in a bottle even though its incredibly unlikely.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Rangers interested in Radulov according to Friedman. $6.25M expiring contract.
Is this the current Radulov or the one from like 4 years ago? If it’s the current are they sending us a pick with him? Lol

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not what I would be doing but I’m not in charge. Radulov might be washed but I believe I was reading that he was having atrocious puck luck this season too. Again don’t love rentals in our situation.

Friedman also says Rangers looking at LHD in same article.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Radulov would cost nothing. He's an NHL player and a veteran. Dallas is definitely going to push as well, so you add some space. Benn and Seguin are already regressing. Robertson and Klingberg need to be paid. Oettinger too. Time to make a move.

Another player to add to the carousel of what would be the 3rd line. Drury is clearly exploring everything.

If the cost on other rentals is too much, you come back and exchange next to nothing for depth. Guys that you won't bring back, but can play a role. Gallant always talks about roles. Radulov also has some asshole in him. Stirs the pot. Plays physical too.

Could be a boost for him. He knows he is done in Dallas. Things get stale. Come to NY for a few months, fresh eyes on you, fresh perspective for yourself.

Also, you'd be holding onto your 1 and 2 2nds. Leaves room for an offseason move to add.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Sure but not every team that is pushing for a cup trades every 1st rounder they have, every year.

NYR's poor planning, middle of the road player development, and bad UFA signings were the reason we had to trade 4 straight 1st round picks to stay in the hunt- and that was even with getting big 'freebies' like Kevin Hayes that we didn't actually earn.

I'd rather we keep feeding the beast from year to year with new young cost controlled players rather than continually ship picks off- NYR are actually pretty decent at finding NHL level players in the first round. It's star power we've struggled to find.
Jesus this. So much this

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We have all the cap space so if you can get a lottery ticket player who might or might not work...

I have about as much faith in guys like Radulov and Kessel as I do in Gauthier, so why not have the choice? Don't need to send anything of any real value- just use the cap space to grab some of those low risk players. Worst case scenario you're plugging in a guy in game 5 of a series to change the dynamic.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Does Giordano trade get announced right after the game? Seattle/Francis waiting so Giordano could say his goodbyes to the team and not have the trade be announced mid game when they honored him?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I think you have the Copp part wrong…from Tuesday night’s intermission panel:

Ah cheers, I was just doing a quick read from the 32 thoughts today. He only mentioned Boston and Avs in particular although did say Copp has a lot of interest. Guess NY is one of those teams

NoQuitInNewMexico

it's okay cause it's all just the way it should be
Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I'm sure there's an obvious answer but why do we have 32 million dollars of cap space this year, anyway? Like I know our actual cap situation isn't that great

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Not sure where Radulov would fit, and he hasn't been good this season, it would be pretty cool to see him in a Ranger jersey though.
What I do like is that even with all the cap space and the assets, Drury is probing all options. It seems as though he is looking at weighing the best value vs need vs player. He isn’t reacting. He isn’t writing blank checks going all in. I think he understands the state of the team/org as for where it stands right now in 2022.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
You trade neither.
ideally, but come on man, if we can get a real 2c and kick Strome to the curb it'll be worth it long term. There are going to be trades which hurt at the time and I think this might really be one eventually (as much as I do LOVE this kid). We have a pool of fantastic young dmen. We have zero prospects close to the ceiling Kakko potentially has. And right now, the whole league is salivating over Schneider. If it's the right young C, ya gotta do it.

*We also have a very young, straight up legend in the making playing 22+ minutes nightly back there.

You keep the Kakko and see what happens.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
How many times were we linked to Chariot? I didn't hear Vatrano's name once all year. Nobody knows what's going on in the Rangers front office right now. Locked tight.

we are apparently still in the market for a LD. One of the most active teams in that search. We likely were interested in Chairot, just didn't want to pay the high price of 1st+prospect and FLA had the hots for him to not wait until March 21st. We will probably still gte a LD by the sounds of it.

Reactions: McRanger92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad