Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Nothing has changed.

Vatrano was a great add but we still need another energy middle6 forward and/or more importantly, a strong 2way player

Brodz and McKegg were leaned on last game for that role.... who's up next when one or both aren't playing?

BTW I think Jonny B has earned more ice time and a longer look.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Nothing has changed.

Vatrano was a great add but we still need another energy middle6 forward and/or more importantly, a strong 2way player

I wouldn’t say nothing has changed. I expect them to be hitting their stride once Kakko is back and Vatrano upgrades the third line like we thought Blais would be.

Still not worth spending big for a rental though. They will have as good a chance with another Vatrano as they will if they pay out the nose for Giordano or whatnot. No player they are gonna get at this deadline will be a needle moved. Just shore up your black holes with cost effective measures like the Vatrano trade and then if Panarin/Zibanejad are the stars they are claimed to be, roll with them against the Huberdeaus and Barkovs or Ahos and Svechnikovs of the league.

I do think they can win almost any individual series. They just aren’t gonna win four of them.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Waiting for this “big move” we kept hearing from the media lol. Still no hints or anything on what it can be

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Actually what I’m doing is pointing out what little salience the point ever had when they were first in the league has less now that they clearly aren’t front runners.

Cant speak for others but i was never making that point based on whether they were first or 4th in the conference lol. The Rangers are a contender and should be buying, i dont really think anyone should need to defend that line of thinking.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Cant speak for others but i was never making that point based on whether they were first or 4th in the conference lol. The Rangers are a contender and should be buying, i dont really think anyone should need to defend that line of thinking.

Think everyone is ok with buying like Vatrano. Or if you can get a deal on a long term (more than 2 playoff runs and then surefire departure) player.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Lindgren has been garbage a lot this season, pushing him down a pair or two and letting Chychurn spin with Fox would be an immediate upgrade

Not even sure it’s up for debate. If people don’t want to pay the price for Chychurn that’s one thing but saying he wouldn’t help this squad is absurd
Not saying he wouldn’t help. Saying that the cost to obtain him is way too much considering its one Area the club doesn’t really need to fill.

They need a C. Maybe a RW. That should be the priority.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Think everyone is ok with buying like Vatrano. Or if you can get a deal on a long term (more than 2 playoff runs and then surefire departure) player.

Thats all well and good but i personally am not married to late 2nd rounders and 1st round picks in the 20s. If they add a couple more guys like Vatrano for mid-round picks and save their bullets for the summer, thats fine too.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Id prefer not to trade our 1 for a rental this season. Next I probably would.

If we trade the 1st Id want it for someone like JT. But that would be too expensive.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
The team is going to trade their 1st for a rental and then there will be someone that becomes available in the offseason who could be here long term but the team won’t be able to acquire them because they just wasted assets on a player who will be here for 2 months. Love that thinking.
Based on everything we know this seems like hyperbole. 1st ain't going for a rental.

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The rebuild is over A- Our number one is clearly in play .

Sure but not every team that is pushing for a cup trades every 1st rounder they have, every year.

NYR's poor planning, middle of the road player development, and bad UFA signings were the reason we had to trade 4 straight 1st round picks to stay in the hunt- and that was even with getting big 'freebies' like Kevin Hayes that we didn't actually earn.

I'd rather we keep feeding the beast from year to year with new young cost controlled players rather than continually ship picks off- NYR are actually pretty decent at finding NHL level players in the first round. It's star power we've struggled to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad