Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Can’t see this team going after high-end rentals. Depth pieces, sure. But, if we’re paying a 1st for anyone, I think it will be someone with some term who addresses a real need.

If Drury isn’t enamored with the fool’s gold we’ve seen this season, he probably understands that this core needs a run first before pushing all their chips to the middle. I like the Vatrano move. We got a player for very cheap that was on no one’s radar because a true cup contender was clearing cap to make a bigger move. There will be more moves like that available if Drury can keep the phone lines warm and avoid the temptation to go all-in on the opening hand.
I know everyone on here thinks Drury is a moron but all the reports around the league from all the people in the know is that Drury is described as being very thorough, patient and methodical. Obviously the return in the Buch trade was underwhelming but I don't think Drury is the early 2000s Sather Jr that people think he is.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
You got two young franchise picks on ELC’s, Fox and Zibanejad’s contracts kicking in, a goalie on a dirt cheap heist contract for four years and Kreider and Panarin playing out of their minds and we are sitting here waiting for next year as if the stars will align perfectly. Who’s to say the team’s studs are completely healthy next year? If only reality was as simple as EA sports NHL.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Not saying I'd trade for Kane but boiling him down to being a perimeter finesse player seems unfair. He's still an elite offensive player and we've seen him win a Conn Smythe with Michal Handzus as his center and he's been an elite playoff performer forever and he's still playing at that high level.
Style is what I'm talking about

We have too many Patty Kanes, stylistically speaking. Yes he's Kane but it doesn't strengthen any of our weaknesses

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Can’t see this team going after high-end rentals. Depth pieces, sure. But, if we’re paying a 1st for anyone, I think it will be someone with some term who addresses a real need.

If Drury isn’t enamored with the fool’s gold we’ve seen this season, he probably understands that this core needs a run first before pushing all their chips to the middle. I like the Vatrano move. We got a player for very cheap that was on no one’s radar because a true cup contender was clearing cap to make a bigger move. There will be more moves like that available if Drury can keep the phone lines warm and avoid the temptation to go all-in on the opening hand.

Rangers will be in the Eastern Conference Finals and people will still be calling this team "fools gold" and "unsustainable"

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Would love to get McBain in our system. Huge need.

Think of all the gif opportunities...

1647481804069.png

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Remember when the rental argument centered around the fact that we had like the best record in the league instead of like the 4th best in the conference?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Chychrun would be excellent, and would really solidify the top-2 pairings. Would allow the Rangers to move Lindgren in the offseason and you wouldn't be adding much salary for a fairly large upgrade IMO. The question becomes is a LD the right position to spend a heavy amount of assets on?

Chychrun was demoted to the 3rd pairing and the #2 PP unit on the worst team in the league. With NYR he wouldn’t be on PP1. Rangers already employ the reigning Norris trophy winner there. Not too mention Lindgren Fox is sort of a thing. So do they add him to play with Trouba? Not certain that he beats K’Andre for that spot either. PP2 over Trouba? Maybe.

Hes a good player for sure but hes going to command a hefty return and plays a role that the club doesn’t have the biggest need for.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Chychrun was demoted to the 3rd pairing and the #2 PP unit on the worst team in the league. With NYR he wouldn’t be on PP1. Rangers already employ the reigning Norris trophy winner there. Not too mention Lindgren Fox is sort of a thing. So do they add him to play with Trouba? Not certain that he beats K’Andre for that spot either. PP2 over Trouba? Maybe.

Hes a good player for sure but hes going to command a hefty return and plays a role that the club doesn’t have the biggest need for.

He's averaging 23 minutes a night. IF he got demoted to "third pair minutes" it wasn't for very long.

Lindgren-Fox is a thing, but Lindgren has not been good this year.

Chychrun would easily be our 2nd best defenseman. Hes way better than Lindgren and Im a Lindgren fan.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Wish we could pair our current top end talent with our depth of yesteryears. It's like we can only have one or the other. On the bright side, top end talent is far harder to come by than depth, just have to remain patient.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He's averaging 23 minutes a night. IF he got demoted to "third pair minutes" it wasn't for very long.

Lindgren-Fox is a thing, but Lindgren has not been good this year.

Chychrun would easily be our 2nd best defenseman. Hes way better than Lindgren and Im a Lindgren fan.
But Chychrun isn’t getting PP1 time here. So is it worth the payment then? I have watched him a few times this year and have not been impressed with his defensive play.

Reactions: Lion Hound
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad