Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Colorado pretty much gave away Jost. If they go after Giroux, who else would they move?

What is Edmonton’s plan for Koskinen? I’m still hoping Drury takes an overpaid but useful player and a pick to open up cap space

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’m like the mouse you’ve waited two weeks to catch in your basement. I can’t help but walk onto the Patrick Kane wooden square with my cheese!

The Rangers trading Strome in a package for Patrick Kane would have big time Cally for Marty vibes. It wouldn't be the direction I go but part of me wants it for the entertainment value.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The Rangers trading Strome in a package for Patrick Kane would have big time Cally for Marty vibes. It wouldn't be the direction I go but part of me wants it for the entertainment value.
If Strome is traded, it's for a Larkin, JTM or Horvat. Not Patty Kane.

What is this boards desire for permieter/finesse skill? WE DO NOT NEED MORE FINESSE

Reactions: Ned Braden

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
They need a 2C. How do they replace Strome after that? I feel like any deal would have to be 1+Kravtsov+Lundkvist to eat half and that still wouldn’t be enough. Probably looking at Barron and a 2nd too.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
No shot Lekohnen is worth a 1st. Someone else wants to pay that, have at it.

Wouldnt touch Chychrun, he has been underwhelming. But yes someone would pay a 1st.

Rest all agreed on.
The thing about lekohnen is he’s 26, I’d like the deal to include an extension. If we aren’t extending I’d be less happy about the 1st but could see it happening

Chychrun absolutely returns a 1st and I’d be ecstatic to get him, his current cap is a steal and he’s super talented

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Just as a general statement, no one here should be at all worried if the Rangers trade 1 or both of this years 2nd round picks. Their present and future value are so much less than what an actual player can provide to the team now. Even a late 1st wont be missed after the amount of picks the Rangers have made the last 5 years. they will backfill with NCAA Free Agents most likely anyway
McBain and Meyers please

Reactions: McRanger92

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The thing about lekohnen is he’s 26, I’d like the deal to include an extension. If we aren’t extending I’d be less happy about the 1st but could see it happening

Chychrun absolutely returns a 1st and I’d be ecstatic to get him, his current cap is a steal and he’s super talented
can we really afford to have Lehkonen making 3.5 million plus for what 5 years? and Goodrow making 3.6 in our bottom 6 going forward?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
can we really afford to have Lehkonen making 3.5 million plus for what 5 years? and Goodrow making 3.6 in our bottom 6 going forward?

Definitely not but I don't think Lehkonen is getting 3.5 or 5 years on an extension. The Rangers could also treat it like Tampa did with Coleman/Goodrow and just have him play on the QO next year

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They can but it’s probably at the cost of that center upgrade. Not going to be able to get that 5.5m-7m center. So if you do that it’s basically mandatory to roll the dice on McBain

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Can’t see this team going after high-end rentals. Depth pieces, sure. But, if we’re paying a 1st for anyone, I think it will be someone with some term who addresses a real need.

If Drury isn’t enamored with the fool’s gold we’ve seen this season, he probably understands that this core needs a run first before pushing all their chips to the middle. I like the Vatrano move. We got a player for very cheap that was on no one’s radar because a true cup contender was clearing cap to make a bigger move. There will be more moves like that available if Drury can keep the phone lines warm and avoid the temptation to go all-in on the opening hand.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I’m not really as concerned as everyone is about the cap in 2 years. We will see a bump in the ceiling, and I’m pretty sure strome’s cap hit is gone plus I get the feeling that Trouba or Kreider are traded in 3 or so years

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If Strome is traded, it's for a Larkin, JTM or Horvat. Not Patty Kane.

What is this boards desire for permieter/finesse skill? WE DO NOT NEED MORE FINESSE
Not saying I'd trade for Kane but boiling him down to being a perimeter finesse player seems unfair. He's still an elite offensive player and we've seen him win a Conn Smythe with Michal Handzus as his center and he's been an elite playoff performer forever and he's still playing at that high level.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Can’t see this team going after high-end rentals. Depth pieces, sure. But, if we’re paying a 1st for anyone, I think it will be someone with some term who addresses a real need.

If Drury isn’t enamored with the fool’s gold we’ve seen this season, he probably understands that this core needs a run first before pushing all their chips to the middle. I like the Vatrano move. We got a player for very cheap that was on no one’s radar because a true cup contender was clearing cap to make a bigger move. There will be more moves like that available if Drury can keep the phone lines warm and avoid the temptation to go all-in on the opening hand.
I can just see Zito on the phone with Gorton trying to get the Chiarot deal done and on the other line he has Drury on. He was rushed to drop his ask from a 2nd rounder to a late 4th so he could click back over and make a deal for Chiarot.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The move is not to extend Lehkonen. It's to trade for him, qualify him, and trade him in the offseason. If he's in such high demand then teams cannot all lowball the Rangers because they need to clear cap space because that is not how a free market works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad