Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Vegas is not going to trade Karlsson. They are trying to make the playoffs. They will likely have Stone back if they get there. Why would they voluntarily make their team worse? If they need to trade him to clear cap they can do so in the offseason.
Offseason works for me, lol

Reactions: leetch99

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Didnt realize Florida now doesnt have a 1st in 22 or 23. How do they expect to get Giroux? Head scratching trade, especially when Lindholm & Chychrun were right there. Maybe they panicked when Forsling got hurt? Glad it wasnt us

Reactions: RangersFan1994

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Didnt realize Florida now doesnt have a 1st in 22 or 23. How do they expect to get Giroux? Head scratching trade, especially when Lindholm & Chychrun were right there. Maybe they panicked when Forsling got hurt? Glad it wasnt us
It's hard to imagine they are still in on Giroux without the 1sts, but maybe they overwhelm Philly with prospects instead.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Kessel with no retention for a 3rd get it done!

I bet he will be a Penguin by the deadline..

Speaking of former Penguins, If his cap hit was not so high, I would not mind a Hornqvist type someone that goes to the net. Those type of ugly goals happen in the playoffs and less of the pretty goals.

Reactions: egelband

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Just as a general statement, no one here should be at all worried if the Rangers trade 1 or both of this years 2nd round picks. Their present and future value are so much less than what an actual player can provide to the team now. Even a late 1st wont be missed after the amount of picks the Rangers have made the last 5 years. they will backfill with NCAA Free Agents most likely anyway

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just as a general statement, no one here should be at all worried if the Rangers trade 1 or both of this years 2nd round picks. Their present and future value are so much less than what an actual player can provide to the team now. Even a late 1st wont be missed after the amount of picks the Rangers have made the last 5 years. they will backfill with NCAA Free Agents most likely anyway

Agreed, but I'd prefer they went for someone who will be here past the end of this season. The 1st rounder that is.

Reactions: McRanger92

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA

I dont disagree but with the players available right now it really doesn't make sense to burn a 1st. A second sure. 1st definitely not and especially not for a pending UFA.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lehkonen isnt a rental and hes actually a very good player and only 26. Agreed on Rakell though.
My apologies. You are right about Lekhonen on his contract status.

With that said, still paying a 1st rd pick for him. Have an extreme hard time paying a 2nd rd pick for him.

Reactions: leetch99

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
wtf is the infatuation with Kessel?

how can you watch this team and think he's what we need? He's exactly what's wrong with our talent 5v5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad