Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Drury gonna pull Larkin out of the hat

then Strome's butthole puckers...

then he realizes Seattle will give him $45M

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I thought a Vatrano trade would calm the nerves but now I'm more nervous than before.

Drury needs to hold firm on not trading away prime assets for rentals in his 1st year as GM.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Cannot afford to pay a 1st for Giordano. Can barely afford to pay a 2nd for him. He isnt the same player he was years ago, which is fair given his age. Toronto is going to get stupid and desperate here.

We can easily afford a 2nd...whether Drury wants to is another story. Regardless, spending a 2nd won't hurt us in the long run.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think the cost is for retention. People are being bent over for retention

they have no choice. Cap space is a premium and there's only so much to go around

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
We can easily afford a 2nd...whether Drury wants to is another story. Regardless, spending a 2nd won't hurt us in the long run.
Why? Why are we paying a 2nd round pick for a 38 year old defenseman who’s game has slipped? And this coming from someone who likes Giordano and would be happy to have him. Doesn’t mean you get stupid for him.

A 2nd round pick could be used better elsewhere.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Why? Why are we paying a 2nd round pick for a 38 year old defenseman who’s game has slipped? And this coming from someone who likes Giordano and would be happy to have him. Doesn’t mean you get stupid for him.

A 2nd round pick could be used better elsewhere.

Ok, sure it can be used better elsewhere, but I was replying to your comment that we can't afford it. Chill my man.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
The list of players that warrant a first in a deal is slim based off who we assume is available

I’d offer our first only in trades for the following players (I’ll add a + if they include more then just a first imo):

Chychrun +
Larkin +
Scheifele +
Kane + assuming they retain
Lekhonen
Gourde

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I'm truly scared on two fronts.
1) Chiarot just got a haul...At least for what he should have gone for and 2) don't want to get into a bidding war with the Leafs considering they are in code red desperation mode.
People need to pop a melatonin and go to sleep. Dream of counting draft picks like a six year old counts Sheep! Ease the nerves.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
e5

iu

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The list of players that warrant a first in a deal is slim based off who we assume is available

I’d offer our first only in trades for the following players (I’ll add a + if they include more then just a first imo):

Chychrun +
Larkin +
Scheifele +
Kane + assuming they retain
Lekhonen
Gourde
No shot Lekohnen is worth a 1st. Someone else wants to pay that, have at it.

Wouldnt touch Chychrun, he has been underwhelming. But yes someone would pay a 1st.

Rest all agreed on.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'm truly scared on two fronts.
1) Chiarot just got a haul...At least for what he should have gone for and 2) don't want to get into a bidding war with the Leafs considering they are in code red desperation mode.

Drury facilitating overpays on D-men by Florida & Toronto, only to swoop in and nab Hampus who is the best of the 3. I see the vision

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Fans in here are so paranoid about parting with anything when their team is 38-17-4 with the best goalie in hockey, a top-3 defenseman in hockey, two stud wingers, and a legitimate #1C. Boggles my mind. Nobody is saying sell the farm but jeez. Have some faith.
This is our first deadline with Drury as GM. I think the skepticism is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad