Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
lol how is that different than every day the last 12 months? lol

well with what reports say about the healing timeline and the time of the off-season teams are usually finalizing their rosters and working on their rfas I’d be surprised if this went past this week. I can’t imagine a team at this point giving up 4 quality assets at this time of the off-season including roster pieces for a guy that won’t be ready to play honestly.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Carp just tweeted "Do not be surprised if Zibanejad is in any deal for Eichel." I think he is saying hypothetically, not that something is imminent.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I don't care what instructions i receive from Carp. I'll be damned surprised and I'll be proud of it.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I'm sure Zibby sees going to Buffalo as a great method to top out his production in his most important season of his career, peronsally and financially LOL

Reactions: BobSantos

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
well with what reports say about the healing timeline and the time of the off-season teams are usually finalizing their rosters and working on their rfas I’d be surprised if this went past this week. I can’t imagine a team at this point giving up 4 quality assets at this time of the off-season including roster pieces for a guy that won’t be ready to play honestly.

yeah but the sabres have no reason to just finally cave and take the best offer....so if teams aren't going to give up 4 quality assets that to me says that this isn't getting resolved anytime soon.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Can't stand Carp but I've always thought a 3way deal with Vegas could make sense.

Mika to Vegas
Eichel to Rangers
Picks/Prospects to Buffalo

It's a lateral move imo.. but costs us assets. Doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather just sign Zibs.

id do that but would the other 2 teams but I rather go for Larkin

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
yeah but the sabres have no reason to just finally cave and take the best offer....so if teams aren't going to give up 4 quality assets that to me says that this isn't getting resolved anytime soon.

until he gets surgery, nothing is changing.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Can't stand Carp but I've always thought a 3way deal with Vegas could make sense.

Mika to Vegas
Eichel to Rangers
Picks/Prospects to Buffalo

It's a lateral move imo.. but costs us assets. Doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather just sign Zibs.

That's exactly how I read it. Zib would go elsewhere, return assets which are flipped to Buffalo

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I would say there is less than zero chance the Rangers move Zibby in the Eichel deal and risk not having a 1C at all next year. His surgery has a high % of success, but thats way too much risk for the Rangers to take on. It just would never happen.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The only way that makes sense is if the Rangers trade Zibanejad for pieces and use some of those pieces to acquire Eichel. A 3-team deal similar to the Duchene/Turris deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad