Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
You think Seth Jones and Trouba are equals ?

I actually like Trouba but not for that cash - IMO it’s a problem.

we have 40 million invested in 8 players 22-23 .

Drury has work ahead

Seth Jones is not very good. Maybe he rebounds but the past few years he's been getting by on reputation rather than results. His defense is pretty poor.

This is interesting:
https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-august-2-2021/

Friedman have good sources with us. This sounds like it’s coming from someone really in the know, perhaps even Drury.

-If we make this signing — which it sounds like we really tried to get done — we are never going after Eichel (unless Ziba can be traded which don’t think we could bank on).

What do I know, but I do wonder how interested we even have been in Eichel.

-If we make this signing, Strome must be history, right? Or Chytil. But Strome with all the buzz seems more likely. Bet Drury had had a deal lined up.

-It tells you a lot about what type of center Drury would be interested in getting. I love Dandenault’s style and I think that is promising.

Rangers beatwriter has already said that the Rangers didn't see Danaeult as a 2C and didn't want to pay him like one.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
30G 40A 70P
200w.gif

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangers beatwriter has already said that the Rangers didn't see Danaeult as a 2C and didn't want to pay him like one.
I mean maybe Danault is a 2C and maybe he isn’t but having 2/3 of a shutdown line with Danault and Kakko who are among the best defensive players at their position would have been a building block on this team. Don’t think it’s as simple as ‘is he a 2C or not’. Danault would have made the Rangers a lot better. I gladly sign up for 6 years of the (one of, if not the) best defensive lines in hockey.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
This isn’t breaking news though

It was either Larry or Seravelli said this like 2 weeks ago that the Rangers didn’t want to give him the 6th year and LA did

OK, I heard the chatter, but never understood how serious our interest was.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
What does a Pettersson hypothetically cost? in trade?

Is Chytil and Lundkvist as a base close?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Was thinking about Kravtsov today, what do you guys expect from him this year? Is 15/25 too much?

I think it depends on where he plays and how much.

If NYR try to shift Lafreniere or Kreider to RW, and they stick, then Kravtsov is in a sticky situation where he probably gets stuck playing with grinders on one of our 2 shutdown lines.

On the other hand, if NYR go for balance with the lines and keep Kreider on the left, he could end up playing top 6 minutes with Panarin or Zibanejad. So it's really difficult to say.

Kakko and Kravtsov are gonna be fighting for that Pavel Buchnevich spot.

If Kravtsov plays in the top 6 and on the 2nd PP unit, I think 25-20 is within the realm of possibility. If he gets stuck in 3rd line purgatory then honestly he might even be better served in Hartford.

He looked pretty good late last season when everyone was really worn down, but he still has a lot to prove before we can pencil him in as an NHL level scoring threat IMO.

Reactions: lilphildub

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Was thinking about Kravtsov today, what do you guys expect from him this year? Is 15/25 too much?

Maybe it's because people have already lost him in a trade for Eichel but I think people are sleeping on Kravtsov. When he showed up, he flashed more than Kakko & Laf IMO. He fizzled out as he was stapled on the 4th line. With a full training camp and putting him with competent linemates, I think he hits that 15/25 line. His most common line mates were Brett Howden & Kevin Rooney. I personally think he'll look better than Laf next year if given the chance. I think Laf will be better eventually. Kravtsov just has a couple years on him.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What does a Pettersson hypothetically cost? in trade?
Is Chytil and Lundkvist as a base close?

if they'd pay Eichel contract, they should offer-sheet Petterson,
comparable Cap Hit without the acquisition cost

although for a minute I thought they might offer a number which would keep comp at 'two 1sts, one 2nd and one 3rd'
but the Reeves deal means they cannot anyway
and the 5 year calculation would likely push comp to 4 1st's anyway
2021 Offer Sheet Compensation Set

I know they hardly ever get signed,
Aho maybe the first since Shea Weber,
and even more rarely team takes the picks

but i think the time is coming when they happen more often
NHL gotta see the buzz generated, by big movements in MLB and NBA, see their own lost headlines

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Here's a tip...it ain't luck.
They had excellent scouting and drafting personnel no doubt, but finding immense talent late in the draft wasn’t their plan. I doubt they thought some of their guys would even turn out the way they did. They also made the most of trades. When they identified the players they wanted, they weren’t afraid to deal prospects or picks to bring them in. That part is more skill then luck for sure.
But coming away with guys like point and Kuch without needing to draft them in the first is pretty lucky.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Another kid born pretty much after Messier retired being coached by their agents

5jaobq.jpg

I believe Othmann though. The kid plays hard and nasty 100%.

I get what your saying. On a different perspective though, Messier is a Urban Myth at this point. All the hero, none of the flaws for that generation.

Reactions: Cmox and Tob

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Has this board ever done yearbook style superlatives?

I think everyone needs a light hearted distraction because we're too early in the off season to all be this testy and argumentative.
Yes, and they didn't really bring us together, haha.

Here's a quote from the 2013 boardies:
"I think this is one of those classic "This is why we can't have nice things" moments where the Boardies for the funniest poster turns into ruthless smear campaigns."

Reactions: Cmox and EpicDing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad