Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Random thought but I think Laf has had the lowest average time on ice of any 1st OA player.

looking at forwards in the last ~15 years
  • Laf - 13:53
  • Hughes - 15:52
  • Hischier - 16:19
  • Matthews - 17:38
  • McDavid - 18:53
  • MacKinnon - 17:21
  • Yakupov - 14:34
  • Nugent-Hopkins - 17:36
  • Hall - 18:13
  • Tavares - 18:00
  • Stamkos - 14:56
  • Kane - 18:22
  • Crosby - 20:08

Covid had a lot to do with that too with no proper offseason, preseason and he hadn't played in like 10 months. They tried to put him on the top line as soon as he got there, he just wasn't ready for it. For all the things a person can complain about with Quinn, his game style or pp etc, imo he used the kids right, he saw Lafreniere wasn't ready and he waited til he was, same with Kakko and i dont think anyone would disagree that Kakko looks 3 times the player now than he did when he first played a game for us, Lafreniere was night and day better at the end than the beginning. While I'm happy Gallant is here now that they've been eased in, i don't discount what Quinn did with Kakko, Lafreniere, Chytil and Lindgren because they are all more complete players than when they got here.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Valiquette just get's it.

His analysis has been excellent. The rest of them just sit back and let him do his thing. Now his twitter account has been a thing of beauty. He's drawing the fanbase into it before the season even starts. Engaging beat writers and adding fuel into the rumor mills with juicy tweets on hot topics. At the end of the day, thats what fans want. Right or wrong. Eichel or not, its entertaining and relevant.

Vally is delivering!

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Me reading these last couple of pages
vg_g8lvEhzwZq91-O7qNkxYEy1iqsuWb8TtojR42A6E.jpg
Ahhhhh, the old MH is back. Stay dark my good friend. Darker than the inside of a coffin on a moonless night.
NjKg.gif

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I guess Carp means that it's going to be a 3-way trade for Eichel because there is NO WAY IN HELL that Zbad waives for Buffalo or that Buffalo would want him to then watch him bolt in a yr

Either that or he doesn't understand anything I just typed

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Well, center is a pretty important one to get right, they should probably finish off this rebuild by addressing it.
Yep. No doubt over the next 6-9 months I fully expect to see the rangers have their top 2 centers locked up for the next 5 years or so. No matter who they pick

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Was always a Pionk fan. He was used incorrectly here, but he did lead to the Rangers getting Trouba who’s better so I think that trade was a win/win

Reactions: Thirty One

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Was always a Pionk fan. He was used incorrectly here, but he did lead to the Rangers getting Trouba who’s better so I think that trade was a win/win
Yeah, that trade worked out for both teams.

It is funny seeing fans of other teams who clearly never watch either of them play and just assume that Trouba sucks here because Pionk outscores him. Someone on the mainboards the other day was suggesting a Trouba trade to their team like with a sweetener for literally nothing as if he's a cap dump. He's a bit overpaid but he's good and important to the Rangers.

Reactions: egelband

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Someone on the mainboards the other day was suggesting a Trouba trade to their team like with a sweetener for literally nothing as if he's a cap dump.
In 3 years we would kill to be able to deal Trouba and/or Kreider as cap dumps rather than the expected buyout that's sure to follow.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, that trade worked out for both teams.

It is funny seeing fans of other teams who clearly never watch either of them play and just assume that Trouba sucks here because Pionk outscores him. Someone on the mainboards the other day was suggesting a Trouba trade to their team like with a sweetener for literally nothing as if he's a cap dump. He's a bit overpaid but he's good and important to the Rangers.

this. I’m happy for pionk and glad he’s doing well in the peg, but without Trouba, Miller likely gets sent down early or doesn’t make the team out of camp, losing valuable NHL experience, Fox doesn’t win the Norris, and rangers wouldn’t have a big mobile minute eating Rd to take important physical minutes.
Odds are if Pionk was here instead, Fox and Lindgren would have likely had to be split up just to try and handle the load.
that’s not even mentioning the leadership attributes

Reactions: egelband

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Yeah, i'd be all over PLD if i'm Drury. If going from CBJ to WPG to NY to play with his bud Panarin doesn't get his game going again, nothing will.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
That Pionk deal. Christ.

fox is gonna be using the Luka Doncic Supermax extension as a comp at this point.
So important to at least get 2 nhl playing seasons on ELC deals of Schneider, Robertson, lundkvist etc. these D contracts are becoming absurd.
Lindgren looks like gold. A first pair D for under 4 mill for the next 3 seasons. I wish it was 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad