Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XIII (Nanaki edition)

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Zibanejad's stats are buoyed by the one year he scored at a pace close to 70 (@Leonardo87 that's right, buoyed!). He's not the goal-scorer Kreider is.
Not really. Zib has 7 season with at least 10 PP goals. Kreider has 3.

Zib has 2 seasons of 15 and one of 20.

Kreider has one 18 year and one 26 year.

If anything Kreider has been buoyed by those two abnormal years. Like when he magically popped 50 and had 26 Pp goals. That was not normal.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

If anything Kreider has been buoyed by those two abnormal years. Like when he magically popped 50 and had 26 Pp goals. That was not normal.
I see what you did there

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I know you like the advanced stats and such. Do you know how to get Zibanejad's WAR% year over year in those player cards or something similar?

I am curious about his rise and fall over the years
He's been all over the place pretty much since he got here. The analytics people always said that he has talent, but he's not a guy you hitch the flagship to because he has bad seasons. I think with the new contract, and as the expectations grew, people just noticed it more.
download - 2024-10-28T144740.029.png

download - 2024-10-28T144752.351.png

download - 2024-10-28T144802.294.png
download - 2024-10-28T144844.075.png
download - 2024-10-28T144852.708.png
download - 2024-10-28T144900.800.png
download - 2024-10-28T144910.613.png

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

It wasn't that abnormal.

Over his last five seasons, Kreider is averaging 39 goals per 82 games. If he didn't get hurt 3 out of 4 years in the middle of his prime, he's probably a 500 goal scorer.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
It wasn't that abnormal.

Over his last five seasons, Kreider is averaging 39 goals per 82 games. If he didn't get hurt 3 out of 4 years in the middle of his prime, he's probably a 500 goal scorer.
26 Pp goals isnt abnormal? To me it is.

23% of his PP goals for his career came in one single season. That is abnormal.

And to counter the injury… maybe if he played more games he wouldnt have aged as well and slowed down faster. It works both ways here. Truth is we dont know exactly what his stats would have been.

Plus on top of that he had been notoriously streaky. Whats to say that those injured games werent going to be a cold streak.

Fact is we dont know what couldve been.

Just like we dont know what Laf and Kakko can be until we give them an actual chance

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
26 Pp goals isnt abnormal? To me it is.

23% of his PP goals for his career came in one single season. That is abnormal.
Yeah, 26 was out of the ordinary, and the next year he scored 8 which is not where he's been trending at all so that probably evened out.

I don't know, man, Kreider is really good at scoring goals. I feel like I'm trying to convince you that Zdeno Chara is tall.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Yeah, 26 was out of the ordinary, and the next year he scored 8 which is not where he's been trending at all so that probably evened out.

I don't know, man, Kreider is really good at scoring goals. I feel like I'm trying to convince you that Zdeno Chara is tall.

I know kreider is good. I just dont think he is irreplaceable.

And also i just eant to see what we have in laff and especially Kakko. I mean we have to make a huge decision on Kakko this offseason and i would hate to make an ill informed one.

I still have faith in Kakko. Just like i did last year in laff.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I know kreider is good. I just dont think he is irreplaceable.

And also i just eant to see what we have in laff and especially Kakko. I mean we have to make a huge decision on Kakko this offseason and i would hate to make an ill informed one.

I still have faith in Kakko. Just like i did last year in laff.
At this point, neither one of them plays the same position Kreider does.

Kakko has has a RW spot open in front of him for like four years.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Teams don't purposely mess with success just so YOU can see. But I'm sure this will be a theme all season every time the PP takes an 0fer. Players can prove their worth 5v5. Everyone knows they can pad their stats a little of given PP. Frankly, breaking up the PP for Kakko is kind of kooky.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Whatever the decision the Rangers make on Kakko, it will hardly be ill-informed. Exactly how more seasons of play and years in the organization are necessary?

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
At this point, neither one of them plays the same position Kreider does.

Kakko has has a RW spot open in front of him for like four years.
Yeah on the kreider and zib line that nobody seems to play well with. He have what 30 guys since buch and nobody does well.

I just think if we are going to change up the PP that moving laf for zib might not work well and a bigger restructure might need to be done. Or at least should be tried to see if what could happen and what we have in our younger players.

In that case i would move laf and kakko up with trocheck, panarin and fox and move kreider and zibs to pp2.

If that doesnt work, and everything goes to hell on the PP you can always go back to the original setup.

As for even strength… kakko really doesnt have a spot to move up bc nobody plays well with the wonder twins. Though kakko is looking good with chytil and cuylle. So give them more time and call them line 2 and just play zib line less at ES.

Especially in a close game when the chytil line looks to be our best defensive line.

Basically, win enough to get in playoffs, while seeing what the youth can become and make an informed decision for the offseason when contracts are going to need to be shuffled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad