Roster Building Thread - Part XII

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I need those "Allaire left because he couldn't work with Igor" rumors.

Then I need those "Allaire reported to be working closely with Garand" rumors.

Jokes aside, the timing of all this really sucks with Benny stepping back.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Remember when Igor lost to whatever that garbage goalie NJ had

Goalie can't carry an average team to a cup
He was spectacular in that series though. He’s the reason they won the games they did and is in no way at fault for their losses.

Like, if a goalie steals you, 4-5 games over a playoff run, that would be worth an NHL leading contract.

You really need to get lucky with prospects and trading to build around him though. Florida made some ballsy moves around a Bob who has certainly proven his contract worth by now, and Igor is far better than him throughout the last few years.

Last edited:

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
I didn’t like the comments shesty made at the end of our playoff run. A lot of people chalked it up to him not being well versed in the English language. But he wouldn’t even say he wants to remain a New York ranger his whole career.

He obviously only cares about himself and not winning the cup. I would be nervous to give a guy like this a 8 year contract, what motivation would he have to keep improving his game.

It’s a huge mistake to pay a goalie this amount of money. The rangers other contracts would have to be perfect and we know that’s not gonna happen.

It’s a shitty situation to be in but use him for this season and let him walk and sign a goalie in the off season.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I didn’t like the comments shesty made at the end of our playoff run. A lot of people chalked it up to him not being well versed in the English language. But he wouldn’t even say he wants to remain a New York ranger his whole career.

He obviously only cares about himself and not winning the cup. I would be nervous to give a guy like this a 8 year contract, what motivation would he have to keep improving his game.

It’s a huge mistake to pay a goalie this amount of money. The rangers other contracts would have to be perfect and we know that’s not gonna happen.

It’s a shitty situation to be in but use him for this season and let him walk and sign a goalie in the off season.

It took an unusually smart GM like Zito to fix the mess the Panthers were in after the Bobrovsky contract. The Panther GM who gave the contract to Bob basically made GM seppuku and was fired not long after. Drury is no Zito.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Trade for Spencer Knight and send Shesty elsewhere? Doing so clearly makes us worse this year, but we can’t win with this core anyway.

We’re the New York friggin Rangers. If you’re going to fight so hard for the full UFA market rate, do you really want to be here? The Panthers, Lightning, Penguins, and others have convinced their superstars to take less in order to win. Why can’t we?

Last edited:

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Trade for Spencer Knight and send Shesty elsewhere? Doing so clearly makes us worse this year, but we can’t win with this core anyway.

We’re the New York friggin Rangers. If you’re going to fight so hard for the full UFA market rate, do you really want to be here? The Panthers, Lightning, Penguins, and others have convinced their superstars to take less in order to win. Why can’t we?
Why not take the shot? You get a couple rounds in and what the hell. Why take a step back and set up a losing trend?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Anyone know why the Rangers do this? Matt Rempe drafted as a center but plays the wing and the Rangers signed Sam Carrick. Why not let Rempe play his natural position? Its not like the Rangers have depth at center ice. Edstrom has also played center in the SHL, why not let him mature at position. Watch Perreault is a winger and they'll move him to center because of his hockey IQ. Dylan Roobroeck drafted as a center, he should play center in Hartford.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
If Shesty wants more than 10.5- let him walk. I support the team over the player and I would not be looking forward to being handcuffed for the next 8 years. He is not THAT much better than the worst NHL goalie making 1 mil.

Reactions: Atax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad