Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The players see it through a different lense than the fans. Why does this have to be explained again? The players see him as a warrior and leader, somebody they go to war with. He's in the foxhole with them. He plays hard every shift. They see a guy who practices and trains hard and who plays when he is injured. He is the captain of this team. It's really not hard to understand why he is well liked by the players as was Goodrow.
Yeah, maybe. But this argument is being had in parallel. This is why the players don’t, or shouldn’t, drive the boat.

And I don’t know. I’ve been on teams where guys have sucked before. Done stupid, selfish shit. That would piss me off.

Drury is just digging for fire, lets be patient.

Are we sure he’s not just digging a hole?

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Isn't it kinda sad/hilarious that the "rebuild" essentially amounted to 1 single core piece. Lafreniere. Fox willed himself here, traded two 2nd rounders. Don't have to rebuild to make that move. Schneider and K'Andre were drafted with picks that landed in playoff range. Kakko is a question mark. Chytil would probably be a great 2C core guy if he wasn't made of glass. He's the type of player where I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he became a star at 25/26 years old if it wasnt for injuries... what's the chances he ever plays a full season once in his career? Perreault and Emery are also picks in playoff range. Othmann was a 16th OA. The majority of our core are guys that came pre-rebuild, free agent signings and pieces that could've been acquired without a rebuild. Tremendous
More sad than hilarious, but the team is run by people who don't understand how to build a Cup Winner. Owned by a guy with no patience. Team culture cultivated to tell the fan base not to have patience.

We were supposed to spend time at the bottom so we could acquire the necessary talent to win a Cup, not just get back to the playoffs so people could see entertaining hockey again. We should have continued to stockpile assets. We were well on our way to doing so, even if guys like Lias and Krav busted.

But we mismanaged a lot of key assets because we told ourselves we needed to keep them when it was more obvious they should have been dealt or dealt earlier or for different returns (DeAngelo, Buch), and to make matters worse, then we convinced ourselves that we had to compete for the sake of certain players' primes, whose primes weren't worth planning for (Kreider, Zibanejad, Trouba, maybe even Panarin). And we traded away tons of picks to fix these "win now" misses.

I said many, many times we were a few young stud forwards short. Turns out with Lindgren declining and Robertson and Nils busting, we are short a few defenders too.

And now we are getting dangerously close to wasting the primes of the players who do matter, like Fox and Igor.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Do we really have to be so harsh on Kakko?

Yes... yes we do.
NO, no we don't
setting aside certain aspects have been unfortunate = blame on both sides

KEY HERE IS BIG PICTURE
bread will not be here and will exit prior to his deal finishing
ergo, keeping KK etc youth is smart and way to go

IF IF IF you said to me with any credulity to back it up, kid is lazy, makes no effort to learn, wants to run things his way, is a prima donna like that a-hole running NYJ QB ---- THEN I would say you may be right. But THAT is NOT the case.

big picture >>> impulse quick fix -? stupid win now
learn from the bern
BUILD

effen

Feb 3, 2018
If the Rangers FO was the source for Brooks columns, they should all be fired for trying to bully someone in the media to accept a trade instead of being professional about it like everyone else.

If it was Trouba's agent you release a statement about how unprofessional it is and never engage with that agent again.

Why does it take a guy with a chicken avatar to figure this out. What a f***ing embarassment.

• Haha
Reactions: OriginalLimbo

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
If the Rangers FO was the source for Brooks columns, they should all be fired for trying to bully someone in the media to accept a trade instead of being professional about it like everyone else.

If it was Trouba's agent you release a statement about how unprofessional it is and never engage with that agent again.

Why does it take a guy with a chicken avatar to figure this out. What a f***ing embarassment.
Drury doesn't leak anything. It was almost for sure Trouba's agent or maybe even Detroit's FO.

Reactions: mas0764

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I just can't get over Igor reportedly seeking 12+ on his contract. What is on his resume that isn't on Connor Hellebuyck's? How has he been so much better than Helly or even his BFF on long island? Yes he played a great 6 games against Florida. So did Stuart Skinner. If the Rangers go over 9 for him I'll be livid.

Playoff performances.

I wouldn’t give him 12 or even 10 either, but his playoff track record is pretty impeccable.

Helly can’t hang his hat on that. Neither can Sorokin.

I’ll keep on saying it, if he wants 12, let him drag this team to a cup next season. Either the rangers will give it to him or someone else will.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
The funny thing about Truba
This guy wanted to be here.
Hes a warrior.
Everybody dumps on him.
And is 110% being disrespected.
So dont bitch when players dont want to come here.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I just can't get over Igor reportedly seeking 12+ on his contract. What is on his resume that isn't on Connor Hellebuyck's? How has he been so much better than Helly or even his BFF on long island? Yes he played a great 6 games against Florida. So did Stuart Skinner. If the Rangers go over 9 for him I'll be livid.
You are going to compare Skinner to Igor? He's the best goalie in the league when factoring in shots and quality. He was outstanding in the last 2 ECFs. He's going to get paid north of 10 million like some other top goalies so get ready to be livid unless the Rangers don't want to meet his demands. Somebody is going to pay him handsomely.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The funny thing about Truba
This guy wanted to be here.
Hes a warrior.
Everybody dumps on him.
And is 110% being disrespected.
So dont bitch when players dont want to come here.
The only reason people don't want to come here specifically is getting to the Garden from outside the city on game days is hell on earth and this has nothing to do with that.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
A rebuild is seriously 30% draft picks, 20% luck,and 50% clearing bad salary and contracts by waiting them out, and most importantly, using the new found cap space extremely wisely.

We doubled down on Zibanejad, signed Panarin, Trouba, and for whatever reason treated Lindgren the Nash trade throw in as some jewel.

We disrobed and spread out the rose petals and prepared the champagne but the lady of the night that walked through the door wasn't very pretty.

We took the scenic route to bagging a 5/10 pub floozie.
Correct Information aside... the visuals here are perfection

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Regardless of if he wanted to play here we offered Trouba a very very generous contract with a lot of RFA years and great job protection until his wife was supposed to be done her residency.

It sucks that it got delayed. And I know Trouba thinks their careers hold the same weight. But that’s really not the rangers problem as an organization- they have every right to waive him or trade him to a team not on his list.

If you don’t like it, should have given up more money to get the full no move. Not every countertop needs to be topaz encrusted quartz

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
It's just a negotiating tactic to get the best deal possible. If you look at the cap hit% for when the top goalies signed, he's not deviating that far from it.
Sorokin: 9.9%
Hellebuyck: 10.2%
Vasilevskiy: 11.7%
Bobrovsky: 12.3%
Price: 14%

Hank's two deals were at 13.22% and 13.67%. Cap is supposed to be $92M and steadily increase from there. A $12M AAV would be 13.04%. I wouldn't be committing anywhere near that much money to him if I had the choice, but we all know the Rangers are going to do it. I'd guess he settles for around the Vasilevskiy deal, which would be a $10.58M AAV. Hockey is dumb, so it'll probably end in .31, but somewhere in that range. Bob and Vasi both signed their deals before they won. The other guys never won a Cup. I think you can live with it as long as you don't have anchors elsewhere, which we know is a recurrent issue in Rangerstown.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad