Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Really? I’d be disappointed if we did that deal.
I don’t mind if that 2nd is packaged to get Mcgroaty….
Really? I’d be disappointed if we did that deal.
I feel like flipping those pieces (keeping Perbix) and getting Mcgroaty would make me okay with it

I don't know who this person is, just that he was retweeted by Andrew knoll. No idea if this is all BS, but it fills the time.
So we’re just going for the deepest prospect pool if all time or something

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Vatrano retained seems like he would return a lot. I'm unfamiliar with Perbix but picks seem like a waste. The Ducks need quality roster players, not picks. That would also be a pretty big loss in goal scoring. Unless this is the precursor to other moves, it doesn't make sense to me.
I feel like pv prob has an idea of what it will take to get certain players…. So Perbix kinda fits the line up now makes someone like lacombe potentially expendable in a trade, who might be an intriguing piece for teams

If he does move Vatrano, I fully expect those pieces coming back to be moved pretty quickly for a more long term wing solution like kakko, necas, McGroarty etc

I feel like PV prob wants McGroarty the same way he wanted gauthier

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

I don't know who this person is, just that he was retweeted by Andrew knoll. No idea if this is all BS, but it fills the time.
i'm going to say it's all BS. that "insider" suggested a Zegras return would be Kaapo Kakko, Jacob Trouba and Matthew Robertson and picks, with Vatrano included possibly.

it's a nobody suggesting Rangers would be the team to get Zegras, which we've been hearing for while only because he's from there. should stick with reputable sources for rumors imo

Reactions: Kalv and Arthuros

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I feel like pv prob has an idea of what it will take to get certain players…. So Perbix kinda fits the line up now makes someone like lacombe potentially expendable in a trade, who might be an intriguing piece for teams

If he does move Vatrano, I fully expect those pieces coming back to be moved pretty quickly for a more long term wing solution like kakko, necas, McGroarty etc

I feel like PV prob wants McGroarty the same way he wanted gauthier
Couldn’t agree more

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

I can see a 1st plus Perbix at the deadline if nothing else was offered… but bottom pair D plus late 2nd and 3rd, hard pass. We can’t score so let’s trade our top scorer, this make no sense. Cutter is already under pressure by Flyer haters and fans want him to fail and get run over by physical teams.

I hope Vatrano takes a 4x6m at most, but if he wants more I don’t mind trading him before the season starts as long as is worth it. I’d prefer Vatrano max retained and Lacombe if we could get McGroarty+ prospect flyer, a long term upside player who can play right now. Especially since it’s only in Vatrano’s best interest for that payday to stick with us since he plays well with Mac and will get all the opportunities… we don’t want to pump his stats up only to ask for more money.

Reactions: DavidBL

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Okay hear me out

To Anaheim
Perbix, Mcgroaty, 3rd

To tampa
Vatrano w/ retention

To Winnipeg
Lacombe + kings 2nd

Does this work, what needs to change
I’m not opposed to trading just about anybody. But I’m tired of making deals for picks and prospects, especially after missing out on any quality UFAs. If we’re dealing quality NHLers I want quality NHLers back. Time to stop chasing magic beans that are years from growing up, if ever growing up at all.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I peeked over at Tampas roster thread and they don't believe the rumors. Think the rumored return wouldn't be enough for Vatrano. Doesn't give high hopes for Perbix as a player for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad