Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
2019 draft incredibly underwhelming despite having pick #2. Would be nice if Jones and Edstrom can take a step or 2 and rescue it somewhat

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I could be wrong, but I doubt one player is going to make the team tougher to play against.
LOL....you might think differently about that once we leave Vegas with Brady Tkachuk ! Rangers will be all in moving forward . Prospects and picks and AHL bottom 6 players won't win us a Cup.....the top 6 needs a major injection of a good hard nosed big SOB that arrives in corners nasty and remains nasty until he gets back to the bench for a shift change . This will be Tkachuk and Laf's club after Trouba is gone . Our top 6 will look different very soon . They will fit him in under the cap with Kakko and Trouba out and maybe grab a 6th Dman at the same time . Kreider or Thachuk will shift wings . Go Drury !!!

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
So you can pick it up?

Did someone really suggest Suter? He's beyond washed.
Yo this whole Kupo smokes crack shit gotta stop 😂 Maybe if my first name was Hunter; sure.

And yes, ppl suggested Suter. I won’t call them out because I’m high on crack and can’t remember their names but some did make that suggestion.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
LOL....you might think differently about that once we leave Vegas with Brady Tkachuk ! Rangers will be all in moving forward . Prospects and picks and AHL bottom 6 players won't win us a Cup.....the top 6 needs a major injection of a good hard nosed big SOB that arrives in corners nasty and remains nasty until he gets back to the bench for a shift change . This will be Tkachuk and Laf's club after Trouba is gone . Our top 6 will look different very soon . They will fit him in under the cap with Kakko and Trouba out and maybe grab a 6th Dman at the same time . Kreider or Thachuk will shift wings . Go Drury !!!
Value-wise, you're looking at Kakko, Perreault and a 1st, if not more. That said, I have no idea why Ottawa would trade him. He's worth more to them than whatever we would give them. They are trying to win too.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Value-wise, you're looking at Kakko, Perreault and a 1st, if not more. That said, I have no idea why Ottawa would trade him. He's worth more to them than whatever we would give them. They are trying to win too.
Oh I agree but they also will not want a guy sulking over the whole season on a roster of young kids . They will get as much as they can for him and the Ranger offer should be decent and I expect those 3 you mentioned to be gone in return and yes very likely one more guy that might have promise . You gotta pay for high end guys .

It might be a 2 year project for Drury to fix our roster such that we can compete without Shesty stealing almost every playoff game for us . Hope for the best !

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Trouba for Holl and Berggren

buyout Holl ?
NO
trouba ret 1.5 to 6.5 + nyr 3rd for 2 2nds = cap relief
bank picks til opportunity knocks
stop adding deadwood/lesser

Does anyone have confidence in Drury to make the right moves to get the team over the top?
improve, yes
all the way over the top, no

unless they start listening to bern and @RangerBoy

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Hypothetically, if Guentzel wants to come here at like 7x8m, worth trading Kreider to make space for him? That’s probably the only way it works cap wise beyond this year.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Hypothetically, if Guentzel wants to come here at like 7x8m, worth trading Kreider to make space for him? That’s probably the only way it works cap wise beyond this year.

Lateral move. Trade Trouba if you need cap space. Clearly there is at least some kind of market for him.

Reactions: Atax

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment -- especially regarding the forwards....it is a necessary change.....but I do not believe one person (even a Tkachuk) is not gonna make much of a difference as long as those players are still here -- we've seen that over the past 4 years.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
NO
trouba ret 1.5 to 6.5 + nyr 3rd for 2 2nds = cap relief
bank picks til opportunity knocks
stop adding deadwood/lesser

improve, yes
all the way over the top, no

unless they start listening to bern and @RangerBoy

You should give Drury your number and fast !

rangers have no picks to trade for cap relief
They may have to take A meh contract to BERN the Trouba contract

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
EF said teams believe Carolina will keep Guentzel. Vancouver has made a few signings because they know Jake won't be available.

Teams know Trouba is available and Drury is serious about moving Trouba after the Goodrow move.

Dallas, Vancouver and Toronto are interested in Tanev. Dallas wants to keep him

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
we have Garand
this is fine ^, but if we deal bread to FL for Ekblad + Mikkola, then we will be happy to have kept KK
Garand is 22 and isn't ready to be a backup in the NHL, much less a starter.
Unfortunately, they can't trade Trouba before Monday.
They can. Trouba submitted his list. If they work out a trade to a team that isn't on his list, he can waive his NMC and accept the trade. Unless it includes picks in this draft, it won't make any difference whether he's traded today or Monday. From Trouba's perspective, it makes no difference regardless, so I see no reason why he wouldn't waive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad