Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
LOL....you might think differently about that once we leave Vegas with Brady Tkachuk ! Rangers will be all in moving forward . Prospects and picks and AHL bottom 6 players won't win us a Cup.....the top 6 needs a major injection of a good hard nosed big SOB that arrives in corners nasty and remains nasty until he gets back to the bench for a shift change . This will be Tkachuk and Laf's club after Trouba is gone . Our top 6 will look different very soon . They will fit him in under the cap with Kakko and Trouba out and maybe grab a 6th Dman at the same time . Kreider or Thachuk will shift wings . Go Drury !!!
See kids, meth, not even once.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
See kids, meth, not even once.

1719579274554.png

Reactions: Kravtsov420

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Drury’s dealings are absolutely a back hole from the information standpoint. Going backwards there was absolutely no indication of Wennberg or Roslovic at TDL. Or his minimalistic shopping spree last offseason, or Mikkola coming in the package with Tarasenko, or Trocheck signing (instead of Copp or Strome) etc. I will not opine on Kane but from all sides it looks like Dolan forced a decision on him there.

Now we do have good evidence that Drury sees what issues need to be addressed and he tries to address them in the way he see fit (but there’s surely logic behind these decisions - not just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something will stick). It’s my personal believe that he understands a need for better partner for Fox and that Trouba is too expensive to keep around in the context that team needs to be addressed are expensive as well and something got to give.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Drury’s dealings are absolutely a back hole from the information standpoint. Going backwards there was absolutely no indication of Wennberg or Roslovic at TDL. Or his minimalistic shopping spree last offseason, or Mikkola coming in the package with Tarasenko, or Trocheck signing (instead of Copp or Strome) etc. I will not opine on Kane but from all sides it looks like Dolan forced a decision on him there.

Now we do have good evidence that Drury sees what issues need to be addressed and he tries to address them in the way he see fit (but there’s surely logic behind these decisions - not just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something will stick). It’s my personal believe that he understands a need for better partner for Fox and that Trouba is too expensive to keep around in the context that team needs to be addressed are expensive as well and something got to give.
Yeah, agreed here. Brooks isn't as engrained as he once was, and Vince doesn't seem to have any inside sources either. To be honest, Mollie has probably broken more news than anyone the past couple years.

I like that Drury keeps everything hidden. Most of his dealings have come out of nowhere it seems.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Them keeping Lindgren would not suggest to me that Drury knows he needs to upgrade that 1D spot

He’s getting rid of Trouba because he costs too much, not because he doesn’t like the player lol

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Them keeping Lindgren would not suggest to me that Drury knows he needs to upgrade that 1D spot

He’s getting rid of Trouba because he costs too much, not because he doesn’t like the player lol
I mean Lindgren would be a fine bottom 4 guy. Trade Trouba, sign Lindgren, reallocate a chunk of Trouba's cap for, say, a Chychrun makes a lot of sense.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
There are A LOT of teams searching for defensive help this off-season. A LOT.

Boston
Toronto (may need 2 if they don't qualify Liljegren)
Dallas (probably need 2)
Colorado
NYR
Winnipeg
Nashville
Vancouver
NJ
Philadelphia
Florida (needs like 3, maybe 4 if Ekblad is traded)
LA (if they lose Roy)
Buffalo (RD is a big need)
Calgary
Detroit (Need 3 if they dislike Holl)
Utah (need 3)

The list of UFA d-men is pretty scarce in terms of quality...

Roy
Walker
Montour
Zadorov
Dillon
Cole
Tanev
OEL
Skjei
Pesce
Gostisbehere
Brodie
Schultz
Edmundson
Dumba
Kylington
Carier
Hakanpaa
Kulikov

Teams are going to left looking at the lower end of this group with openings in their top-4 and looking to push for the playoffs. I could see Nashville, Dallas, Utah, Detroit, Buffalo and Winnipeg being left with the 'scraps' and trying to determine if it makes sense to sign someone like Schultz for 2 years or trade for Trouba.

The real question is, do teams like that wait or do they get the inclination that the UFA market will not be the place where they can solve their holes and make the trade before 7/1? I am sure Drury and his team would like to make that trade ahead of free agency so they can be aggressive on 7/1 with who they like.

To me, the guy to move before UFA is Lindgren. Sell Utah on his leadership and style of play, recoup some picks. That allows Drury breathing room on 7/1 no matter what to be aggressive and as pieces start to come off the board slowly, let those teams come to Drury to move Trouba at that time.

Reactions: NYR BHK

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
$4.5M for Lindgren is fine as long as we find Fox a legit partner.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't think he'd waive if team is one that is/will be on his no list.
Why would we try to trade him to a team that is on his list? We already have the list. We know which teams he won't accept a trade to. If he is traded, it will almost certainly be a to a team not on his list. In that scenario, it makes no difference if he's traded today or Monday.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
EF said teams believe Carolina will keep Guentzel. Vancouver has made a few signings because they know Jake won't be available.

Teams know Trouba is available and Drury is serious about moving Trouba after the Goodrow move.

Dallas, Vancouver and Toronto are interested in Tanev. Dallas wants to keep him

It’s pretty crazy how the Trouba trade talk has become so prominent. I didn’t really expect it at all despite him falling down the depth chart. It’s good that Drury isn’t playing games, first he puts Goodrow on waivers and now looking like Trouba is out of here. I feel like in the past the Rangers would hold onto them for nostalgia or some notion that they are important contributors on a team that went to the ecf.

Reactions: Riche16

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
$4.5M for Lindgren is fine as long as we find Fox a legit partner.
If he isn't going to be paired with Fox, that means he's playing 3rd pair. 4.5 mil is too much for that role. 3.5 mil is still a bit higher than I'd like, but we could live with it.

Reactions: kovazub94 and Tob

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Why would we try to trade him to a team that is on his list? We already have the list. We know which teams he won't accept a trade to. If he is traded, it will almost certainly be a to a team not on his list. In that scenario, it makes no difference if he's traded today or Monday.
You are assuming they have the list -- he is not required to provide it until July 1. There is no evidence that he complied with the request.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Yikes

NOOOOOOO

You'd be paying $4.5m for a guy who needs to be carried on the 3rd pairing. That's a HUGE waste of cap space

Listening to the 32T pod they are talking about DeBrusk and the Flames. Flames worried about term so not surprised to see them go high AAV for less years. That said what a ridiculous overpay. Chris Kreider makes 6.5 lol.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Do we know if he actually sent in the list? We know the team asked for the list. It would seem to me, if he didn't want to get traded, the move would be to not send the list prior to the deadline and then if they bring a trade to him before that he would go ahead and put that team on his list for when it needs to be submitted. You can say that would cause a bad relationship between him and management but I'm not sure he would care about that over staying where he wanted to be.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I mean Lindgren would be a fine bottom 4 guy. Trade Trouba, sign Lindgren, reallocate a chunk of Trouba's cap for, say, a Chychrun makes a lot of sense.
Well K’Andre isn’t a bottom pairing guy which mean Lindgren goes to the bottom pairing. And then you have the same issue Drury does now with Trouba, which is he’s paying too much for a guy who should be on the bottom pair

It makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad