Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hypothetically, if Guentzel wants to come here at like 7x8m, worth trading Kreider to make space for him? That’s probably the only way it works cap wise beyond this year.
hell no

Where the TRADES?!

Trouba for Buffalo's 1st
Lindgren for two Utah's 2nds
McGroarty and a 2nd for Kakko and a 3rd.

GET ER DONE SLATS!
bold = you are on drugs

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
IMO it’s more that this team seems insistent on lindgren playing with fox even though it’s not a good place for him and he can’t be relied upon there and can’t be relied upon to stay healthy and not be playing through who knows what injury.

It’s uncertainty at an important position but he gets a pass

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Edstrom has mainly played wing in the US (AHL and NHL). I believe he mainly played wing in Sweden as well. With the departure of Goodrow and the thought, at least for me, that Brodzinski is an ideal 13th or spare in Hartford in case of an injury, the team needs a 4C. Blueger was my guy but he's gone. Who else is available? The list of 4C options is incredibly small.

I think Drury likes Edstrom for one of the wings on that 4th line, at least I hope he does. I get the sense, or at least hope, that Vesey isn't what Drury thinks of as a method to get bigger and stronger. I wonder if we see them attack another wing in UFA. Maybe Duhaime?

Reactions: Atax

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
IMO it’s more that this team seems insistent on lindgren playing with fox even though it’s not a good place for him and he can’t be relied upon there and can’t be relied upon to stay healthy and not be playing through who knows what injury.

It’s uncertainty at an important position but he gets a pass

Fox won the Norris with who as his D pairing again?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I mean Lindgren would be a fine bottom 4 guy. Trade Trouba, sign Lindgren, reallocate a chunk of Trouba's cap for, say, a Chychrun makes a lot of sense.

Lindgren would be fine on a 4-6 role.

I’m not going to challenge you in the absolute of your statements but in Rangers context once there’s a new proper partner for Fox, we have Miller in 2LD spot. I hope you don’t suggest spotting Lindgren higher in the lineup over Miller so then Lindgren is 3LD making $4.5m-$5.5m. Even at the lower point it’s excessive. Not as excessive as Trouba’s $8m but still far from optimal spent.

Reactions: Atax

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I’m not going to challenge you in the absolute of your statements but in Rangers context once there’s a new proper partner for Fox, we have Miller in 2LD spot. I hope you don’t suggest spotting Lindgren higher in the lineup over Miller so then Lindgren is 3LD making $4.5m-$5.5m. Even at the lower point it’s excessive. Not as excessive as Trouba’s $8m but still far from optimal spent.

No way. I'm think 4 years at 4M. With absolutely no "NTCs" in the contract.

Reactions: majordomo

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
unless they start listening to bern and @RangerBoy

Somewhere in a high rise apartment, at this exact second, RangerBoy is putting his toast down, and punching himself in the face.
[/QUOTE]

While RB is far and away our best poster, and bern makes no claim there
it is true that if you were to actually do the homework instead of mouth off to take a dig at me
you would see RB and I are often in agreement.

You should give Drury your number and fast !

rangers have no picks to trade for cap relief
They may have to take A meh contract to BERN the Trouba contract
For the umpteenth time, until your resistance is made to bend, buckle and break and this sinks in:
WE DO NOT NEED TO ATTACH PICKS/BUYOUT LINDY OR TOUB
we can add a lesser pick we have and sell at a profit, not only gaining cap relief but also
ADDING 2 2NDS

Garand is 22 and isn't ready to be a backup in the NHL, much less a starter.
Respectfully disagree
this is on gut
I could be wrong
obv would not start day 1 but am comfy w/Quick + Domingue breaking him in

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The only scenario that can't happen is the Rangers going into next season with the same D-core. If they do they might as well trade Igor because they will never win. Too many guys who can't stand up straight (Lindgren), are wildly out of position at all times (K'Andre) or both (Trouba). They shouldve gone harder after Hanifin at the deadline. A lot of us correctly identified that defense was going to be our downfall even then.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Just give him his QO for 1x3.6 then for the third pair if there's not a good trade out there.

It's not a true third pair role though because it's also going to be first pair PK and late game defensive situations.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
On what planet do teams sign 3rd pairing dmen for 4 mill? There is always cheaper options such as Gus this last year that who provide way more than Lindgren.

The blind love of Lindgren is so weird.
And Gus was garbage aside from 2 weeks when Fox was hurt.

Lindgren is better, 6 years younger, and brings more than Gus does. We don't need a bottom pair offensive defenseman, we have Jones for that. He would also be playin big PK minutes. His QO if 3.6, do you not understand how contracts work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad