Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don’t think it’s wild to have a third pair but prominent pker making $4 mill. It’s not ideal but eh

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don’t think it’s wild to have a third pair but prominent pker making $4 mill. It’s not ideal but eh

If given the opportunity, which there is ample this off-season, to trade that player before he is overpaid and sign his replacement for less, it should be done. The list of guys who could handle that bottom-pairing LD spot is long.

And the other thing is that on the left side of this teams defense, it's Miller, Lindgren and Jones. Do any of us really think that Lindgren would be the bottom-pairing guy come game #10, assuming it starts that way?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
You are assuming they have the list -- he is not required to provide it until July 1. There is no evidence that he complied with the request.
Obviously if he hasn't submitted the list yet, then they are unlikely to trade him before Monday.

You originally said he can't be traded before Monday, which is absolutely not true.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Obviously if he hasn't submitted the list yet, then they are unlikely to trade him before Monday.

You originally said he can't be traded before Monday, which is absolutely not true.
I should have stated this before: "I stand corrected." I forgot about the NMC.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'll make the list once again and all of these numbers are per AFP projections:

Lindgren
3 x $4.475m

Cole
1 x $2.1m

Dillon
2 x $2.9m

Kylington
1 x $1.2m

Alec Maretinez
1 x $1.3m

OEL
3 x $4.1m

Kulikov
2 x $2.9m

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It should be 'enjoy Utah'. I like Lindgren, he's just not the guy this team needs with how it's built right now. That and he isn't effective

It should be but seems like the focus is on moving Trouba. Which is really a much bigger issue in regards to improving the overall roster.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’m just really interested in Drury’s mindset. If they move Trouba, they will have about 16M to add a 1st line right wing, 3rd line right wing and 3RD, with guys like Othmann and Berard knocking on the door.

Based on what rumors have come out could see their targets for those spots being

Top 6 RW: Guentzel/Kane/Toffoli
Bottom 6 wing: Farabee/Colton?/McGroarty?
3RD: Tanev/Sean Walker/Matt Roy(?)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If given the opportunity, which there is ample this off-season, to trade that player before he is overpaid and sign his replacement for less, it should be done. The list of guys who could handle that bottom-pairing LD spot is long.

And the other thing is that on the left side of this teams defense, it's Miller, Lindgren and Jones. Do any of us really think that Lindgren would be the bottom-pairing guy come game #10, assuming it starts that way?
Yeah I get that they should trade lindgren I just don’t think they will so I’m not bothering coming up with a scenario about it

I think it’s possible they look for a more legit 1 LD though even if lindgren is extended

Lavy probably sticks with miller/schnieder but I wouldn’t moan about miller/fox

Reactions: McRanger92

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
People need to calm down about Lindgren. He had one bad season, it happens. Not saying like, overpay him or anything. But unless he's coming in with crazy contract demands, there's no rush to trade him unless we really are committed to signing someone like Guentzel.
It was a really bad season. Not just a down season, a downright terrible season. And he was never actually good in that role either. He got this myth built up that he was doing so much to enable Fox which is complete bullshit.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yeah I get that they should trade lindgren I just don’t think they will so I’m not bothering coming up with a scenario about it

I think it’s possible they look for a more legit 1 LD though even if lindgren is extended

Lavy probably sticks with miller/schnieder but I wouldn’t moan about miller/fox

IMO its more important to add a #2 D-man behind Fox (even if they arent on the same pair) than it is to subtract Lindgren. It's hard to know what the plan is on D until we see what happens with trouba though.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
It was a really bad season. Not just a down season, a downright terrible season. And he was never actually good in that role either. He got this myth built up that he was doing so much to enable Fox which is complete bullshit.

Granted, but Lindgren is a highly movable asset this season. Wouldn't it be smarter to start the season with him as Fox's partner, to either let him play up his trade value, earn his next contract, or prove himself to be the declining asset that we know we need to get rid of?

It's not like a singular terrible season that a player rebounds from is an unprecedented occurrence in NHL history. Happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad