Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Granted, but Lindgren is a highly movable asset this season. Wouldn't it be smarter to start the season with him as Fox's partner, to either let him play up his trade value, earn his next contract, or prove himself to be the declining asset that we know we need to get rid of?

It's not like a singular terrible season that a player rebounds from is an unprecedented occurrence in NHL history. Happens all the time.
I think this is the most likely scenario so far. As someone mentioned, I think it highly unlikely that Rangers trade both Trouba and Lindgren at this time. I can see Lindgren as a TDL asset if he stays reasonably healthy.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
On what planet do teams sign 3rd pairing dmen for 4 mill? There is always cheaper options such as Gus this last year that who provide way more than Lindgren.

The blind love of Lindgren is so weird.

I have no love for Lindgren but Gustafsson had a good 10-15 games filling in for Fox in December but was complete ass besides that. He could get the puck to the net which is why he had some goals but he handled the puck like a grenade with the pin pulled all playoffs. He just didnt get any heat because other guys were worse and we all knew he wouldnt be back.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
The only scenario that can't happen is the Rangers going into next season with the same D-core. If they do they might as well trade Igor because they will never win. Too many guys who can't stand up straight (Lindgren), are wildly out of position at all times (K'Andre) or both (Trouba). They shouldve gone harder after Hanifin at the deadline. A lot of us correctly identified that defense was going to be our downfall even then.
If I recall correctly, it was said Hanifin did not want to come to NY.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
The biggest thing for me on this Lindgren extension will be front loading the money and a max 2 year NTC.
Dear god you want to give him a NTC???? FML.
Its time to move on from Lindgren. He's just dragging down Fox and wont be moved from the 1st pairing.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lindgren is gonna get tons in arb. Classic let go altogether/trade candidate. Can't believe in 2024 this management can't make sense of it.
Sounds like his request was very reasonable. Doesn't look like he's going to Arb.

Reactions: Tob

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Dear god you want to give him a NTC???? FML.
It’s time to move on from Lindgren. He's just dragging down Fox and wont be moved from the 1st pairing.
No, I don’t. But I’m also a realist. NTC, at least on a limited basis, get handed out like candy. I’m relatively certain his extension will include one for some duration of the deal…for example, if we’re looking at 4x4, pay him the majority of the money in years 1-3. Years 1-2 NTC, deescalate from there.

Maybe I’m wrong.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I have no love for Lindgren but Gustafsson had a good 10-15 games filling in for Fox in December but was complete ass besides that. He could get the puck to the net which is why he had some goals but he handled the puck like a grenade with the pin pulled all playoffs. He just didnt get any heat because other guys were worse and we all knew he wouldnt be back.
He was light years better then Lindgren and are we going to pretend Lindgren hasn't been terrible with the puck? Lindgren can only dump the puck in when he gets it. Gus can at least stick handle and move the puck. Lindgren blindly dumps it in a ends Ranger offensive possession most times.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
No, I don’t. But I’m also a realist. NTC, at least on a limited basis, get handed out like candy. I’m relatively certain his extension will include one for some duration of the deal.

Maybe I’m wrong.
Then its a huge mistake. He needs to be moved. He isnt any good.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Edstrom has mainly played wing in the US (AHL and NHL). I believe he mainly played wing in Sweden as well. With the departure of Goodrow and the thought, at least for me, that Brodzinski is an ideal 13th or spare in Hartford in case of an injury, the team needs a 4C. Blueger was my guy but he's gone. Who else is available? The list of 4C options is incredibly small.

I think Drury likes Edstrom for one of the wings on that 4th line, at least I hope he does. I get the sense, or at least hope, that Vesey isn't what Drury thinks of as a method to get bigger and stronger. I wonder if we see them attack another wing in UFA. Maybe Duhaime?

A trade for a C
When your entire argument of how good a player is based off another players accolades it shows you have no argument.

Ok how about this
Lindgren is the definition of a team guy that will do anything to help . The locker room loves him

He’s tough , blocks shots and is a steady Dman

Name a better LD that’s a ufa ? Don’t say Dillon that’s ridiculous . All the good UFAs are RD

If they can trade for one sure move Lindgren but I doubt they can so he probably is back

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
A trade for a C

Ok how about this
Lindgren is the definition of a team guy that will do anything to help . The locker room loves him

Name a better LD that’s a ufa ? Don’t say Dillon that’s ridiculous . All the good UFAs are RD

If they can trade for one sure move Lindgren but I doubt they can so he probably is back

Why can't we say Brenden Dillon? Here's another one, Ian Cole. Hell, I'd take Oliver Kylington.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
A trade for a C

Ok how about this

Great. The locker room loves him. That's nice.
Every defensemen blocks shots. What does that matter.
Steady? In what capacity is he steady? His season was catastrophic.
People give him this tough label because he always fights through injuries. Yet why is he always getting hurt? Because he cant make a play and just gets destroyed.

But yeah, lets give him a 4x4 with NTC because he's a locker room guy. Did the Girardi and Staal contracts teach us nothing.

I don’t disagree with you in principle, but I don’t think he isn’t any good. He has a role lower in the lineup. I just have no interest in him as he ages.
Thats the problem. He wont be lower in the lineup. He will be stapled next to Fox.

I feel like Im taking crazy pills.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
No, I don’t. But I’m also a realist. NTC, at least on a limited basis, get handed out like candy. I’m relatively certain his extension will include one for some duration of the deal…for example, if we’re looking at 4x4, pay him the majority of the money in years 1-3. Years 1-2 NTC, deescalate from there.

Maybe I’m wrong.
Lindgren has zero leverage, there's not a reason in the world to offer him any kind of trade protection.

Reactions: majordomo and Atax

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Why can't we say Brenden Dillon? Here's another one, Ian Cole. Hell, I'd take Oliver Kylington.

You can think I’m a fool for saying Lindgren should stay but I’m gonna respectfully reply by saying those players mentioned are 3rd pair depth guys hanging on to stay in the league

Dillon was untradeable 2 yrs ago
You are asking for a tougher Nemeth. Bad contract all over it unless it’s a 1 yr deal

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Thats the problem. He wont be lower in the lineup. He will be stapled next to Fox.

I feel like Im taking crazy pills.
I think Fox has some influence in that decision. And until you convince Fox otherwise, I suspect Lindgren will be his partner until he finally goes over a cliff. Of course, I also believe management is remiss in allowing him to continue to play with injuries.....it's not doing him or the team any good.

Reactions: Atax

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
You can think I’m a fool for saying Lindgren should stay but I’m gonna respectfully reply by saying those players mentioned are 3rd pair depth guys hanging on to stay in the league

Dillon was untradeable 2 yrs ago
You are asking for a tougher Nemeth. Bad contract all over it unless it’s a 1 yr deal
This is nonsense. Have you actually watched Dillon play?

Plus think of all the opportunities to use this gif....

f3ed0313-7eb7-4ba7-a3c5-20da56e405a9_text.gif

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I now question the mental acuity of people that want to keep Ryan Lindgren on this roster.

Love what the player once was, but keeping the wrong players slammed our window shut last time and I’d rather not see that happen again (so soon).
I agree with you, but if we are to believe what we’ve been hearing, it sounds like the odds are in favor of him not being moved. No?

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think Fox has some influence in that decision. And until you convince Fox otherwise, I suspect Lindgren will be his partner until he finally goes over a cliff. Of course, I also believe management is remiss in allowing him to continue to play with injuries.....it's not doing him or the team any good.
This is a HUGE part of this team's problem & it's time it ends for both sets of BFFs. They've had their kick at the can doing it that way & it didn't work. They need to be taken out of their comfort zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad