Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Be prepared to see a lot of mediocre players signed/traded the next few days that people on this board are going to wish we acquired.

See: MIDgiapane. The very definition of a mid player in this league. I swear some of yall don’t actually watch anyone but the Rangers.

Suters another name some of you guys brought up. Put the crackpipe down. He’s not even mid like Mangia. He’s straight ass. I’d rather hire a 1 legged man in an ass kicking competition than bring in that molasses fossil.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I still think Domi is a no brainer. 2 biggest needs are 1RW and 3C. Domi has ability to do both. Pair that with mika saying publicly he wants a passer at 1RW. This one just makes far too much sense.

Assuming chytil is healthy to start the year

Kreider-Mika-Domi
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Edstrom-Rempe
Brodz

Then if chytil dies again we can call up othmann or berard and go

Kreider-Mika-Kakko
Panarin-Troch-Laff
Othmann-Domi-Vesey
Cuylle-Edstrom-Rempe

• Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Be prepared to see a lot of mediocre players signed/traded the next few days that people on this board are going to wish we acquired.

See: MIDgiapane. The very definition of a mid player in this league. I swear some of yall don’t actually watch anyone but the Rangers.

Suters another name some of you guys brought up. Put the crackpipe down. He’s not even mid like Mangia. He’s straight ass. I’d rather hire a 1 legged man in an ass kicking competition than bring in that molasses fossil.

So you can pick it up?

Did someone really suggest Suter? He's beyond washed.

Reactions: bleedblue94

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
I still think Domi is a no brainer. 2 biggest needs are 1RW and 3C. Domi has ability to do both. Pair that with mika saying publicly he wants a passer at 1RW. This one just makes far too much sense.

Kreider-Mika-Domi
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Edstrom-Rempe
Brodz

Kreider-Mika-Kakko
Panarin-Troch-Laff
Othmann-Domi-Vesey
Cuylle-Edstrom-Rempe
that's not a cup bottom 6

Reactions: Atax

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Not incapable, unwilling.

They responded the next game against the caps but it took them being publicly humiliated for the individuals to finally pretend to be a team.
It was an extremely weak reaction for a mentally weak and cowardly team. Two handing Wilson in the face five times was warranted and they instead waited for a soulless Brendan Smith fight where he lost.

That group was a massive failure at the most basic level. I woulda nuked the whole squad and started over.

• Love
Reactions: bleedblue94

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

“Late momentum seems to building around a potential trade of Jacob Trouba, whose 15-team no-trade list is due Monday but has been requested a bit earlier than that. As of early in the week, my best information was that the team was not going to aggressively market the captain — who has two years remaining at an $8 million cap hit per — but rather would listen to offers. That appears to have changed over the last 48 hours.”
Kinda amazed that this hasn't sent this board into a fury.

I saw this & came in expecting a mosh pit & it's crickets.

I mean I know Larry isn't loved here but this is more than just smoke.

He's confirming they asked for his list early. That says 2 things...

A) They're def interested in trading him

&

B) They already have at least an offer... but probably more to weigh.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A lot of shit could happen in the next few days. Drury is in a position where he could do too little or too much. Also if he creates holes he should have some kind of plan to refill them. The Rangers most glaring hole right now is top 6 RW but we have only so much cap space to fill it. If we move on from Trouba and/or Lindgren we will have to fill there too. There isn't much within the organization so that's free agency or trade for either. Jones could move up but he's still a ? and anyone who hasn't got a full year's slate of NHL games would pretty much be a ? too if we're talking about one of the better teams in the league. You'd want to arrange real competition against him and make him earn it in training camp and then he's got to stick it after that.

I would like to see Fox with a bigger, stronger and meaner partner than Lindgren. All playoffs Fox was getting run. The knee injury probably didn't help but the Rangers could use someone to partner with him that if someone runs Fox that guy will come right over and knock that someone on his ass. Doesn't have to fight every time but send a message that that's an automatic that you run Adam be prepared to get knocked on your ass. We need to protect our best on ice player/defenseman.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
I think we'd be extremely lucky for Shesterkin to take $7.5M.

I'm thinking his baseline is probably closer to 9-10 and that might be low balling him. It goes up if he has a great year next year. Hopefully, we extend him now and he gives us a discount.
I doubt Shesterkin signs for anything south of 10 mill. I guess around 11 mill, 8 years. I hope no trade clauses the last 2-3 years.

Reactions: bernmeister

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Qualifying offers are due Monday after the draft, which also happens to be the start of free agency.

It is believed that forward Bobby Trivigno will not be extended one.

There is a similar expectation regarding Matthew Robertson, the Rangers’ 49th-overall pick in 2019.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Does anyone have confidence in Drury to make the right moves to get the team over the top?
The problem with this question is that even if Drury made all the right moves it might not get the team over the top, so it's hard to answer.

We've seen over the past 3 seasons that he'll at least try, but only time will tell whether they were 'right' or not

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Reactions: Mac n Gs

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Does anyone have confidence in Drury to make the right moves to get the team over the top?

Tarasenko and Mikkola won the cup
Just 1 year after they were Rangers
Right move

Kreider-Mika-Domi
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Edstrom-Rempe
Brodz

Kreider-Mika-Kakko
Panarin-Troch-Laff
Othmann-Domi-Vesey
Cuylle-Edstrom-Rempe

Domi is inconsistent . Leafs will bring him back

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The problem with this question is that even if Drury made all the right moves it might not get the team over the top, so it's hard to answer.

We've seen over the past 3 seasons that he'll at least try, but only time will tell whether they were 'right' or not
Nuance. You understand it.

Momentum seems to be building around the idea that Drury understands that the defense needs to be fixed. If he does that and we still lose, so be it.

Reactions: mike14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad