Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol what?

and as has been discussed many times, its really a top 9 and a 4th line anymore. A 4th line of Cotter-Lazar-Raddysh (as an example) would be way better than what we had last year.
I agree that your proposed 4th line would be way better than what we had last year. I just think we're gonna see MacDermid a lot more than people think we are.

Rempe's stock seemed to take a hit at the end of the playoffs. I could easily see Rempe falling out of favor with the Rangers at some point this coming season and him heading back to Hartford at some point. Maybe that's when MacDermid will start to turn into an afterthought for us.

Reactions: Forge and Patrik26

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Why did the Devils get so fixated on Pesce early? Brandon Montour could have been a fine option too at RD.
Montour would be a terrible decision. We need more defensive ability, not PP skill. We already have Dougie, Luke and Nemec for the PP, with Nemec likely not getting time.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

To go back to this, does anyone know what he actually said about Dillon?

This seems like a very strong statement by Novo so I’m wondering how much is actually behind the Dillon part of it.

Is it very likely we get him as in there’s already been discussion or are we just gonna target him?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe it was Pesce that approached Devils. For his last contract he wanted to play close to home.
Was he even allowed to? Or did Carolina do their usual thing (like they did with Dougie, among others, even Waddell recently) and tell him he could talk to other teams and see what they're offering?

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Was he even allowed to? Or did Carolina do their usual thing (like they did with Dougie, among others, even Waddell recently) and tell him he could talk to other teams and see what they're offering?
I don't know how it works exactly, but there are surely back channels where hypotheticals are thrown around between agents and teams.

Reactions: Bleedred

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
all due respect, but I don't really know why you'd base your opinion fully on one person's breakdown? I think Steven does good work, but he has been wrong plenty in his assessments. Pronman loved our draft, for example.

I’m not basing my opinion fully on STI’s ratings/rankings.

I’ve been looking for information on these guys, draft reviews and grades etc. If you find any hockey writers or draft guys that are particularly high on the Devils picks, let me know. I’ve not seen any. Someone mentioned Pronman, but he seems pretty lukewarm on most of the picks, he gave the draft an A- because we took Silayev, and he said he likes Yegorov, but I don’t like spending a 2nd on a goalie unless it’s a premiere prospect, which I don’t think Yegorov is.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
If that’s all it is that’s quite the jump on Novo’s part. Them taking a strong run to I’d be shocked if they don’t get him. Unless he’s got his own info there but I doubt that.

So Dillon is still very much a maybe/possibillity.
Novo has VERY good ties to the team lol. Im willing to bet he knows something

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
i think we get Pesce and Dillon tomorrow.

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce
Dillon-Nemec

Markstrom
Allen

big turnover in one season, fitz not futzin around.

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If our defense ends up being a top 6 of

Siegenthaler- Hamilton
Hughes - Pesce
Dillon - Nemec

Can’t say enough how huge this would be with 2 defensive defensemen additions (that both play PK), a year of experience for our young studs in Luke and Simon and also a huge return with Dougie. Maybe the most important edition being a coaching change with a new strategy.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
all due respect, but I don't really know why you'd base your opinion fully on one person's breakdown? I think Steven does good work, but he has been wrong plenty in his assessments. Pronman loved our draft, for example.
I couldn't agree with you more that people should listen to other people and not just me. I mean, my NHL draft analysis is better than my life decisions, but still far from spotless.

I have to disagree however on the idea that I did not like our draft. I thought we made two late round mistakes -- passing on LD Matvei Shuravin in round 3 and the undeniably suspect Max Graham pick in the 5th.

However, these mistakes pale monumentally in comparison to the sheer victory of Silayev and Yegorov with far more important selections at #10 and #49. I also liked both 3rd rounders, although I would've again opted for one of them instead of both and Shuravin. And Louhivaara I thought was a nice dice roll in the 5th.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00