Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
that mindset cost them the series. if you need someone to explain to you why that wasn't a good idea... id say you're part of the problem.

This is a super long reach, dude. You're looking for something that isn't there.

Going into these playoffs, Presidents Trophy and all, most of us that were paying attention knew that Florida was the better team. The playoffs proved that. Not a Rangers family beach trip. Good grief.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Their girlfriends shouldn’t have been on the trip.
Hanging out at the beach under a south Florida sun brings up hydration issues.
Why risk it.
Playing football on the beach brings up injury issues.
Why risk it.
They have all offseason to enjoy time with girlfriends, wives and family.
Why now.
Even more so after a game 5 loss.
Want to write it off as relaxing.
Florida two years ago went to a gentleman’s club after a loss in Tampa.
Is that relaxing too?
Those ringleaders ended up being traded.

78/79 Rangers went out partying after game 1 win in Montreal and then got swept.

Hydration issues? Lol.

You think these guys aren’t drinking enough water to deal with that stuff?

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
The reality is due to contract structures we have, we are running it back next year with the same group + adding guys like zac jones, edstrom and rempe as lineup regulars at least up until the TDL. And a possibility that one of othmann/berard makes it. Othmann was disappointing in hartford this year, he can use another year down there.

The only real questions this off-season are what we do with kakko and lindgren. Now, when we get to July 2025, I think the roster looks very different and by that time we move trouba, goodrow, kreider, kakko, lindgren and maybe chytil

Trouba must be moved. Period.

I accept that moving Mika and finding a replacement, while admirable and worthwhile to try, is much less likely.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Is this an issue? What are they supposed to do on a day off?

People should be thankful they weren’t out partying. Going to the beach and spending time with their loved ones seems as low stakes as can be lol
Rest, it’s a rest day.
Playing football on a hot beach under a South Florida sun is not resting.

Reactions: bl02

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
The Lightning and Kings teams that won Cups were notorious for being some of the biggest partiers in the NHL.

The team that is simply better than everyone else wins. Perhaps we should focus on building that instead of how the players live their personal lives.
listen i couldn't care less, and i'm sure most don't either...

But for a team who's #1 center, cant bring it 3 post seasons in a row, and looks like he's on another planet?!

This core is checked out. you're not seeing them bust their @SS like they did in the waning minutes of game 6, when they remembered how hard you have to play to score... for 60 minutes!

Stop making excuses for these 5 players! Gallant and Lavoilette are exonerated ....

it's all on this $hit core!!

Wait... lets give the G position@12m! Yay! Go Dolan! Go snort an 8-ball in Vegas and shove that #1 pick!

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
The families with them is such a nothing burger. They had a game every other day. Players even admit they just unwind on their off days in the post season. I think seeing their family probably helps more than hinders. They arent robots. And lets be honest. If they werent with their families, theyre probably playing Halo tournaments.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
This is a super long reach, dude. You're looking for something that isn't there.

Going into these playoffs, Presidents Trophy and all, most of us that were paying attention knew that Florida was the better team. The playoffs proved that. Not a Rangers family beach trip. Good grief.
it's called sarcasm. look it up in the dictionary.

point is... its not a good look for these laid back jack@sses!

Reactions: bl02

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
listen i couldn't care less, and i'm sure most don't either...

But for a team who's #1 center, cant bring it 3 post seasons in a row, and looks like he's on another planet?!

This core is checked out. you're not seeing them bust their @SS like they did in the waning minutes of game 6, when they remembered how hard you have to play to score... for 60 minutes!

Stop making excuses for these 5 players! Gallant and Lavoilette are exonerated ....

it's all on this $hit core!!

Wait... lets give the G position@12m! Yay! Go Dolan! Go snort an 8-ball in Vegas and shove that #1 pick!
I’ve called for Mika and Trouba to be jettisoned from this organization for the rest of time immediately.

But for their play on the ice, not their behavior off it. There’s plenty enough to focus on with the former than to waste time with the latter.

Reactions: Atax

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Mika was infuriating and probably nothing moreso than game 5 with the head snap no battle with the empty net, who is coming here to fill that void? Right now we have 1 reliable top 9 center next year if Mika is gone and that's trocheck. I just cannot rely on chytil at this point and it sucks.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
If it’s true the agent is looking at 12M per season I say thank you Igor for all the great play and carrying this sorry ass team to the eastern conference finals twice, but we cant afford to allocate so much to the goaltending position. And get as big a haul as you possibly can for him.

We can dream but this is never happening. Further, Drury would still need to fix the team so they could win with average goaltending and I don't have the faith they have the perspective to do it. In fact Hanks and Igors are every GM's wet dream. Literally every year no matter how poorly you build your team you will probably make the playoffs and with even the tiniest amount of luck win a few rounds.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
there was no hockey game that day lmao

this is almost as bad as the guy who was mad that Trouba does painting in the offseason
Who was that @Machinehead or @SnowblindNYR ? I couldn't agree with them more. Trouba is the captain he should be the hardest worker on the team. All playoffs he was throwing body checks into the boards like he was painting.

Former Penguins players say Crosby trains like he is a fringe NHL player trying to make a roster. Do any of our guys have that drive? I don't see or feel it.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I appreciate different opinions on this. Not sure if having your girl/wife staying with you before a road game is such a great thing?
If they are out wining and dining until the early hours, then obviously no; but if they were playing in NY then they would have been spending the day with wives/GFs at home, so what's the difference?

The question as always is, are they professional enough to keep their eye on the prize when they need too? And if you can't trust them to do that, then you shouldn't be paying them millions a year.

If we had have read about the Panthers players and their partners doing a tour of MoMA on their rest day, would anyone really care?

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
The 90s wings went on ragers between games.

Plus if this was between games 3-4 I don’t think it’s that big a deal.
Different times now. Wasn't Leetch a drunk?

And yes between 3 and 4 is a different story but I personally don't agree with it. The only thing on your mind should be how to win.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Who was that @Machinehead or @SnowblindNYR ? I couldn't agree with them more. Trouba is the captain he should be the hardest worker on the team. All playoffs he was throwing body checks into the boards like he was painting.

Former Penguins players say Crosby trains like he is a fringe NHL player trying to make a roster. Do any of our guys have that drive? I don't see or feel it.
Trouba's doing commercials with his mom...

One of the worst if not the Worst NYR captains in history. If you're injured.. take yourself out of the lineup.. if not... you're a criminal taking $8m and playing as awful as he does.

He did nothing to help this team win. NOTHING.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
there was no hockey game that day lmao

this is almost as bad as the guy who was mad that Trouba does painting in the offseason
Reading people complaining about players on a beach w significant others on off days is pretty funny, in the past there were players on legitimate drug binges during the playoffs and no one cared. Just so weird seeing what people complain about these days.

• Haha
Reactions: pld459666

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Utah, San Jose, Chicago, and Nashville are the most likely destinations for Kakko. It's going to be for two 2nds.

We heard Drury in that behind the scenes trade with CBJ for Roslovic when he told JD "I don't have any picks after the first until the fourth." They're going to look to add some 2nds and 3rds if possible and select US Development Program kids who Dan Muse signs off on.

As Zibanejad is here for the long term and Chytil can't really play center, gotta see if acquiring Shane Pinto or Trevor Zegras is back on the table. Both can basically be a "3C" but in the way Kevin Hayes was for the first three years of his Rangers career.
Kakko for Zegras maybe

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Hydration issues? Lol.

You think these guys aren’t drinking enough water to deal with that stuff?
You’re talking to a former full-time Floridian. I still spend my winters there.
South Florida from mid May to mid November is a different beast. Especially on the beach. The breeze comes of the ocean and your brain says “everything fine” until it’s not.

you think they were playing tackle football?
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad