Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Maybe get treatment? Video? Just my opinion. IDK man having your girlfriends/wives with you day before elimination game hanging on the beach?

what's the difference between that and being at home the day before a home game? nothing. they could've done video in the morning and then went to the beach. whether they did that or not is on the coach anyway.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Maybe get treatment? Video? Just my opinion. IDK man having your girlfriends/wives with you day before elimination game hanging on the beach?
Being able to relax before important events is a good thing.
Having the players pacing around nervously for 24 hrs before the game would leave more likely to get a shit sleep and be a wreck on game day.
Different cultures, different sports, but being able to be 'off' when not at training/game day, is a huge part of sports down here

Reactions: zlev

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
what's the difference between that and being at home the day before a home game? nothing. they could've done video in the morning and then went to the beach. whether they did that or not is on the coach anyway.
that mindset cost them the series. if you need someone to explain to you why that wasn't a good idea... id say you're part of the problem.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Being able to relax before important events is a good thing.
Having the players pacing around nervously for 24 hrs before the game would leave more likely to get a shit sleep and be a wreck on game day.
Different cultures, different sports, but being able to be 'off' when not at training/game day, is a huge part of sports down here
I appreciate different opinions on this. Not sure if having your girl/wife staying with you before a road game is such a great thing?

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Go to the 1:18:00

Merle claims Rangers players had their girlfriends on the trip.
Stayin at the Ritz Carlton Ranger players were on the beach with their girlfriends playing football on their day off.
Is this an issue? What are they supposed to do on a day off?

People should be thankful they weren’t out partying. Going to the beach and spending time with their loved ones seems as low stakes as can be lol

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
I appreciate different opinions on this. Not sure if having your girl/wife staying with you before a road game is such a great thing?

should they live by themselves all season then? because guess who is with them the day before all their home games....

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah I was thinking maybe that should be on the coach then again we always seem to blame the coaches as fans. Maybe the players should take some accountability when it comes to stuff like this.
Going to the beach/relaxing event with teammates/bonding is probably a good thing but to have wives/gf around has to take some focus from the game.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Your job is a hockey player and to win a championship. Not relaxing on the beach with gfs. It's more the mindset than the act of being on the beach.
Agreed. I wonder if Pat Mahomes to Tom Brady is hanging out on south beach the day before the Superbowl with his gf and child? And if he is then I'm completely wrong.

Reactions: Chytilmania

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
There were 9 million Tkachuk’s at game 5 at MSG, I’m going to guess Matt spent his off day in NYC with his family and probably went to dinner.

Reactions: tiggles

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Lightning and Kings teams that won Cups were notorious for being some of the biggest partiers in the NHL.

The team that is simply better than everyone else wins. Perhaps we should focus on building that instead of how the players live their personal lives.
They partied the night before an elimination game?

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Their girlfriends shouldn’t have been on the trip.
Hanging out at the beach under a south Florida sun brings up hydration issues.
Why risk it.
Playing football on the beach brings up injury issues.
Why risk it.
They have all offseason to enjoy time with girlfriends, wives and family.
Why now.
Even more so after a game 5 loss.
Want to write it off as relaxing.
Florida two years ago went to a gentleman’s club after a loss in Tampa.
Is that relaxing too?
Those ringleaders ended up being traded.

78/79 Rangers went out partying after game 1 win in Montreal and then got swept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad