Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Would they?

I mean like, literally yes, but these are easy players to replace.

Reality is they won’t change the core

They need a RW for Zib/Kreider

If they can move Goodrow or Trouba for cap space sure but worst case 2 yr bridge Schneider then Trouba goes

Down the middle is set if Chytil is healthy
Trading Zib is not happening

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Reality is they won’t change the core

They need a RW for Zib/Kreider

If they can move Goodrow or Trouba for cap space sure but worst case 2 yr bridge Schneider then Trouba goes

Down the middle is set if Chytil is healthy
Trading Zib is not happening

The pet project is over!

You get another winger for the Panarin-Zibs line.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
If we are going that route and I don't think they will, Igor should be traded this summer.

You have a goalie the whole league would be trying to get. I don't even know what kind of goalie trade you could compare it to. The
Flames wanted a 1st for Markstrom. Igor is significantly better.

Drury is going to re-sign him. It will probably be at 11M per season. The cap will also be ~100M by then.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I still wouldn't give Igor his next contract.
If it’s true the agent is looking at 12M per season I say thank you Igor for all the great play and carrying this sorry ass team to the eastern conference finals twice, but we cant afford to allocate so much to the goaltending position. And get as big a haul as you possibly can for him.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If it’s true the agent is looking at 12M per season I say thank you Igor for all the great play and carrying this sorry ass team to the eastern conference finals twice, but we can afford to allocate so much to the goaltending position. And get as big a haul as you possibly can for him.
Igor at the deadline would be interesting because he really could put a team over the top as a rental and no real caphit issues.

Hank's last 2 contracts with us were just over 13% of the cap each time. For $87.7m that would put Igor at $11.4m which is quite the price tag if he is looking for similar.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If you're doing it right, you don't need a goalie like that.
In general yea, but it’s not that easy to just grab a middling goalie who isn’t going shit the bed when it matters most. I’d rather have Igor and know goalie isn’t a concern in big moments

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Based on what people are telling me he is, it's not unfair.

He's being propped up as a culture-changing player.
Brady is going to be a better player when he isn't supposed to be the main player. Matthew went through that as well when he moved to Florida. Brady can be a leader on a team with the C on someone else's jersey, and a lot of ottawa's issues are based on goaltending which is something he cannot fix.

For ottawa, there really is no win by trading Brady because then they would want another Brady, but the issue is they put the C on his chest way too soon and he forces everything and thinks he needs to act a certain way to drag his mates along with him
If the Rangers can buy out Hank they can buy out f***ing Trouba.
Like I said, it's not impossible. It's complicated

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

Brady is going to be a better player when he isn't supposed to be the main player. Matthew went through that as well when he moved to Florida. Brady can be a leader on a team with the C on someone else's jersey, and a lot of ottawa's issues are based on goaltending which is something he cannot fix.

For ottawa, there really is no win by trading Brady because then they would want another Brady, but the issue is they put the C on his chest way too soon and he forces everything and thinks he needs to act a certain way to drag his mates along with him
Happened with Wheeler last year
Very different situation in Winnipeg. Very. There was a public fight w the coach

We traded our captain in 2014 right before the best three months of Rangers hockey I've ever watched in my life.
Bc he wouldn't resign. Completely different then trading one that's signed

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Igor deserves to make every last dollar, but not going to feel bad for him when he does sad face after every playoff elimination once he signs a huge contract.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It would be transcendental general managing if Drury runs with Igor asking for $12.5M, McDavid money and use that as justification to trading Igor for a haul and rebuilding the team on D and in C. Move Trouba, promote jones, keep Kreider, move Lindgren for a small return, trade 1st next year plus Othman for a nice D man. make life as terrible for zibanejad as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad