Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
There's like three guys that are Miller's size and can skate and defend.

Rangers need to find that type of dman. Rangers defense needs some work. Clearing the crease big issue for this team. I also noticed that in the playoffs. When has Miller cleared anyone away from Igor

Series lead just shows this team is weak mentally. That is very concerning. Rangers need to be mentally tougher.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
If we just put Miller with Fox, he wouldn't have to worry about defending. It's like, right there.

I would be intrigued to see how this would work. I can see it working but I can see it blow it up in our face. I can think of all the 2 on 0 against Igor cause of Millers bad reads at times. Yuck

• Love
Reactions: majordomo

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
If we just put Miller with Fox, he wouldn't have to worry about defending. It's like, right there.

The last 3 seasons of time on the ice, begging a coach to see it.

IMG_8066.jpeg

IMG_8065.jpeg

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This isnt directed at anyone, but why is it always Mika-Kreider needing a winger? Why do they have to play together? Why cant they be separated? They dont score at 5 v 5, yet we keep trotting them out together.

Is it such an awful idea to do something like
Kreider-Trocheck-Laf
Panarin-Mika-(Thanks Kakko for totally panning out)-??
I don't care who the RW they target plays with, but you need someone that is a top 6 winger. We've tried the multitude of guys that are really 3rd liners that have a singular top 6 skill set. Whether it is skating, defense, scoring, etc, but lack in other things that you want in a 2nd line type.

It's been an issue for a very long time, maybe since having Nash/Zuccarello as their top 2 RWs. That's a long time.

I'm not sure where the search leads them, but it's a glaring hole up front that we penciled in that Kakko would resolve over time. That time has passed.

It'll be hard to pluck a 50-55 point winger that is a complete player. We may need to find it at the deadline again while cycling through internal options.

Reactions: bobbop and Atax

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Kreider-Zibanejad-Guentzel/Marchessault
Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere
Othmann-Chytil-Kakko
Cuylle-Edstrom-Vesey
Berard/Rempe

Miller-Fox
Jones-Schneider
Gustafsson-DeMelo/Tanev/Carrier

Shesterkin
Quick

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
We traded our captain in 2014 right before the best three months of Rangers hockey I've ever watched in my life.
Just to put it in context, here are the 7 captains the Rangers have traded.....looking at the names, I doubt Rangers will hesitate if they decide to trade Trouba:

McDonough
Callahan
Bathgate
Camille Henry
Bob Nevin
Vic Hadfield
Brad Park

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I wish they’d sign Mike Reilly. He was really good for NYI this year after being blacklisted from the NHL for a year for being able to pass

Reactions: zlev

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Moving Kreider sends the wrong message big time. He’s the best of the big money vets in the playoffs and it’s not even really close. Moving him and keeping Mika/Trouba/Panarin says exactly the wrong thing
Kreider would be the last guy I would trade despite some complain about him. He better retire a Ranger. Mika and Panarin can disappear. Need more North American tougher players. Not more soft finesse Euro. Go back home

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

I think this may be the play and I like Lindgren

If they change anything the easiest is moving Lindgren and Kakko but they would need a replacement

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think this may be the play and I like Lindgren

If they change anything the easiest is moving Lindgren and Kakko but they would need a replacement
Would they?

I mean like, literally yes, but these are easy players to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad