Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I don't disagree with this, but are we then okay pushing Edstrom back to the AHL? Same with Rempe?
I don't see Rempe playing many playoff games this year, Edstrom maybe but that might even be a stretch. Not saying i like it but its just what i see happening.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Why the hell is this year's trade deadline so late? March 8th seems crazy late. And we only have one game this week (tonight) before the TDL so the next few days are going to feel so long.

Hoping for some league wide movement to happen ASAP and things to happen all week instead of just morning of the deadline.

I'd like to see Drury get his business done tomorrow on what is sure to be an off day for the team and that gives the acquired player(s) W/Th/F before our next game on Saturday.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't see Rempe playing many playoff games this year, Edstrom maybe but that might even be a stretch. Not saying i like it but its just what i see happening.

I don't entirely disagree, I'm just calling it out. I've mentioned this before but one of the major bonuses if Rempe and Edstrom proving they can play in the NHL is that Drury can safely send them back down to the AHL and not need to carry a 13th forward for the remainder of the year. That will create more cap space for the team.

If we look at the LTIR space + sending Belzile, Rempe and Edstrom down to carry only 12 forward, we are left with $6.825M in cap space for the deadline. That's with keeping Jones around as the 7th defenseman. No need to carry a forward on the roster when your first call-ups aren't eligible for waivers.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Buffalo obviously needs a haul for Tuch. They don’t need to trade him. He’s on a great salary for 2 season after this one and he’s right in his prime. He would be expensive. Great player though, if Drury could work some magic and get a fair deal.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Friedman threw a lot of names out there but no substance so he has no idea. Blackwell? Rooney? Yea ok.
Yeah for a second there I was like is this from 2 years ago? lol

I thought Rooney was done after his injury but he climbed back, nice little write up about him. May need to put a pin in this if theres any truth to a possible reunion. But judging how he finished out his time with the Rangers, hes was pretty ineffective and not much better than Goodrow.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
Buffalo never wants to deal with the Rangers simply because they're the Rangers. The FO in BUF can't handle the idea of a player going to NY and winning a cup or doing good, it's one of the main reasons an Eichel trade could never work out

Reactions: Galvatron

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I guess i'm missing the big hype about Tuch. Certainly wouldn't be trading Kakko and Othmann for him. Seems insane. Had a good year last season, this season he is on pace for 60 points. If we was 22 maybe i'd be excited, not a guy turning 28.

Reactions: bernmeister

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I suspect Drury was just checking on Tuch and that nothing will come of it. As it’s been said, Buffalo has no reason to trade him.

Okposo seems more likely from Buffalo if you’re asking me to give a name

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I guess i'm missing the big hype about Tuch. Certainly wouldn't be trading Kakko and Othmann for him. Seems insane. Had a good year last season, this season he is on pace for 60 points. If we was 22 maybe i'd be excited, not a guy turning 28.

I think its more the entire Buffalo team has taken a step back, with Thompson being a big reason for that. They have no PPG players.

You put him on a line with Kreider and man that's going to be a tough line to play against.

Reactions: Synergy27

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
It's pretty crazy how many teams talk about Rempe before they play the Rangers.

That can't be a bad thing. Maybe they'll spend less time talking about how to break our offense by just pushing slightly suggesting everyone to the outside in the o-zone

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Tuch and Wennberg! Get it done lol (Kakko traded as part of the Tuch trade)

Kreider - Zib - Tuch
Panarin - Trocheck - Laff
Cuylle - Wennberg - Vesey
Goodrow - Brodz - Edstrom

Reactions: RGY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad