Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
True, but Im sure a good portion of that could be the PP time, and since I was negating the PP scoring I didn’t think it would be fair to include that extra time as a factor.
Nope even strength only.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
i mean the cap goes up next season, people forget this thing happens

trade goodrow hes got a 3.6 mill cap hit....zegras is soo one dimensional he put up over 60 points last year, man id hate to have that on our team going forward

zegras is 22 not 29 i mean come on people
He put up 45 at ES. About 5 more than Kakko last year and plays zero defense. I also don't care that the cap is going up slightly next year. A nearly 6 million dollar contract is a lot to pay for a guy who is not going to get PP time and may put up 45 points. He is also injured at the moment so why would the Rangers do this now.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Can Zegras move to Wing and be more effective?
serious question about zegras but what about his GAME says he is a player we need here?what does he do that helps this team and fills it's issues, especially if you are talking about moving him to the wing when we need a center?

He put up 45 at ES. About 5 more than Kakko last year and plays zero defense. I also don't care that the cap is going up slightly next year. A nearly 6 million dollar contract is a lot to pay for a guy who is not going to get PP time and may put up 45 points. He is also injured at the moment so why would the Rangers do this now.
and no speed, which continues to be an issue with the team and franchise

Reactions: 80s Kid and bhamill

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That's a giant if. Fitting Zegras' salary wouldn't be an issue regardless. You'll be removing KK, who would be making around $3M.

Again for those who aren't following closely, I really don't want Zegras....but if this trade is presented, I'm all over it.
If this happens it's not happening until the summer anyway. Zegras has played only 20 games and hasn't played since early January.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Nobody seems to be mentioning the all important contract that comes along with this overrated and 1 dimensional player. 5.75 mil is alot to pay a 3rd line center and what if Chytil comes back next year.
I hate to say this but if chytil comes back next year I doubt he makes it to new years. love the kid, love the player, hate this for him

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
This is skewing numbers to fit your narrative. Last year at ES, Kakko was at 37, Zegras at 48. That's an 11 point difference not 5.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Rangers in on Tuch?

NHL Radio says so
clicks. why is buffalo trading him? the biggest piece from trading eichel, the guy that reenergized their fan base? he isn't the one they need to move out of there to change the room and mix. just seems weird if they move him

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm beginning to lean towards one of Duclair or Okposo for a low price and then going after Eller.

Kreider and Zibanejad are rush players. Add Duclair to their wing who provides similar type of offense. They're already good defensively so adding someone who can create offense quickly may work there.

Eller between Cuylle and Kakko should be a line that keeps it simple and is a PIA to play against.

Reactions: Michal

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
as @Boris Zubov said the gap was actually 11

i dont know why people dont think zegras can continue to grow as a player....he literally is a young version of patty kane and people on here are worried he doesnt play defense? on the rangers he'd be a PPG player at the least and our core with laf, fox, shesty, perrault, etc going forward would look amazing

Reactions: Michal and Riche16

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
clicks. why is buffalo trading him? the biggest piece from trading eichel, the guy that reenergized their fan base? he isn't the one they need to move out of there to change the room and mix. just seems weird if they move him
Exactly...just because teams have inquired, doesn't mean Buffalo is interested.

I was estimating. So what 11 instead of 5, let's make the deal today then. Get Drury on the phone.
I agree this would be a summertime move. We need bodies for a playoff run, we're already light on RW.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

i dont know why people dont think zegras can continue to grow as a player....he literally is a young version of patty kane and people on here are worried he doesnt play defense? on the rangers he'd be a PPG player at the least and our core with laf, fox, shesty, perrault, etc going forward would look amazing
Why are we even talking about this anyway? He is injured right now and will not be a deadline acquisition. If they are trading for anybody from Anaheim right now it is for Vatrano/Henrique.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Why are we even talking about this anyway? He is injured right now and will not be a deadline acquisition. If they are trading for anybody from Anaheim right now it is for Vatrano/Henrique.
i never said this was a mid season deal....this is a roster building thread and we also build the roster in the off-season

the rangers should push hard for him thats all im saying

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

EF said they asked about him, I don't doubt that they did. I'm pretty sure Buffalo told Drury to f*** off.

In on him and asked about him are different things. NHL radio needs to differentiate between the 2. Now if he is available, they need to get this done with out getting done. This is a player you can deal top prospects for. Push Lindgren+ in a deal and find his replacement elsewhere to clear some space.

Wish they had a good LD worth trading for. Power is basically the NYR FO wet dream but he isn't going anywhere. Samuelsson sucks. He's a bigger, less durable Lindgren.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
This is skewing numbers to fit your narrative. Last year at ES, Kakko was at 37, Zegras at 48. That's an 11 point difference not 5.
you can also easily point to the fact that for those points zegras was playing 1st line minutes 5v5 (yes 1st line d matchups too but playing with offensive talent) and kakko has been buried mostly on the 3rd line for his post draft career.

zegras has so much potential but he really doesn't have a complete game right now, and trocheck has absolutely earned the 2c role (proven me wrong!), so is zegras a 3c here long term without pp1 time? just seems like square peg for round hole.

if he wasn't an nyr fan growing up would people here care as much about him?

Reactions: bhamill

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
EF said they asked about him, I don't doubt that they did. I'm pretty sure Buffalo told Drury to f*** off.

In on him and asked about him are different things. NHL radio needs to differentiate between the 2. Now if he is available, they need to get this done with out getting done. This is a player you can deal top prospects for. Push Lindgren+ in a deal and find his replacement elsewhere to clear some space.

Wish they had a good LD worth trading for. Power is basically the NYR FO wet dream but he isn't going anywhere. Samuelsson sucks. He's a bigger, less durable Lindgren.
I know I am in the minority, but I don't love power. I like him, but don't love him.

Reactions: Daves a mess

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He's incredibly limited as a player and he can't hold a young Kane's jock.

If they're going to move Kakko, it should be for a different type of player.

Kakko+ for Tuch? So game with that.

For Zegras? No thanks.

Reactions: majordomo

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Anybody else???? Isolate Kreider - Zibanejad with anyone but Wheeler or Panarin and what do you get? Yeah same futility as what you showed for Kakko.

Or how about comparing Kakko with Chytil last season scoring per 60 to this 1.46 with Bros this season? I’m sure it will also closely match Lafreniere’s with Chytil. Seems the problem is not having Chytil (and Wheeler for Zibanejad).
Wrong.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Vesey: 3.48 GF/60
Kreider-Zibanejad-Cuylle: 4.47 GF/60
Kreider-Zibanejad-Brodzinski: 2.29 GF/60
Kreider-Zibanejad-Lafreniere: 3.20 GF/60

It is literally just Kakko.

The whole basis of your statement, which is incorrect, is that Kreider and Zibanejad are a terrible combo. I don't particularly like them together either, but in terms of goal-based metrics, they're not. They score, and outscore opponents, somehow. Unless Kakko is on the ice.

Idk, maybe it's just one line, and that's all it is, but there's enough evidence to suggest that Kakko is causal to that line not scoring and he shouldn't be on it.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I know I am in the minority, but I don't love power. I like him, but don't love him.

Neither do I but I also think that he can boom outside of Buffalo.

thats a team that has no clue what they're doing with their defense. Dahlin is good because he has the natural ability to be at least that. On a different team he would have probably been a mega star by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad