Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We weren't?

Everyone was expecting an elite player from him.
Imo i was expecting a +/- 70 point player, i still don't think that's out of the realm of possibility if he gets some development help in the offseason. But he needs to get faster and more assertive, much like Lafreniere did.

Reactions: mas0764

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Anyone get the feeling they will send Rempe down to take the pressure off him? There's way too much hype and expectation. Imo it's what might be best for him atleast for a short while

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It really does read like an AI generated article.

Also, not really pleased of this is true. The package going to Anaheim will probably be painful.

Would absolutely not trade Kakko for Vatrano and Henrique. Awful asset management.
I doubt this is true. That's not to say that Vatrano and Henrique wouldn't help but I just don't see this happening.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I get the feeling that unfortunately Kakko needs specific style of linemates to make the best of his abilities, or he needs an extra burst in his skating to escape and get chances. Or modify his game a bit to find open space better, something just is missing a bit.

I think basically he’s a guy who needs the puck more to be effective but he needs some extra burst in his skating to be more dangerous with it. His confidence has also continued to take a beating over and over

Zibanejad and Kreider suck for him because they simply don’t cycle the puck at all and never ever pass to him at all. He’s a passenger because his linemates don’t “see” him, but they don’t even see Panarin when he’s withnthem
Maybe if they broke up Zibanejad and Kreider they’d figure it out and work with their linemates better. I can’t quite believe it’s gone on this long and the thought seems to be “oh we need to find the right player to spark these two” rather than “these guys don’t play well together anymore and it’s time tonmixnitnip.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The Chytil injury really is a shame. He's basically the exact same type of player Johnny Brodz is, just a significantly better version. And we've seen that style of player is a damn near perfect fit with Kakko & Cuylle.

Chytil is a core player. He was playing great with Laf and Bread before the injury. The ripple effect of not having him has affected a lot of players. It’s impressive we are where we are in the standings without him.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Chytil is a core player. He was playing great with Laf and Bread before the injury. The ripple effect of not having him has affected a lot of players. It’s impressive we are where we are in the standings without him.
And it makes me wonder if they can get another legit center where this team can go. I don't know if they do it, but the beginning of the season wasn't smoke and mirrors

Reactions: RGY

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I mean the team has been running all year with a subpar third line center and a “top” line that can’t produce 5v5 at all yet are at the top of the standings. Weird season in some ways

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Imo it will be a successful deadline in my mind if we get a center, and a winger, without moving the guys that frequently are rumored Kakko, Othmann or Perrault. If they trade Kakko it has to be for a young player or someone who will be here for a bit, not against moving him unless it's for a rental

Reactions: IDvsEGO and RGY

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
And it makes me wonder if they can get another legit center where this team can go. I don't know if they do it, but the beginning of the season wasn't smoke and mirrors

Can Gourde still make an impact? There’s not a lot out there at C. I still love Dowd. If they want to raise the floor they need to get a top line caliber wing. Guentzel, Eberle, Toffoli, Buch, Vatrano are the guys who should be out there, but there are hurdles for most of them.

I’m bullish on the team after they came out of that 1.5 month rough stretch. The concerns (Lindgren, Mika 5v5) are real but no worse than any other contender around the league. With the cap going up this summer I think Drury is going to try very hard to add a guy who will be a core player with term, or is signable. I wish Guentzel was a couple years younger because he is a perfect player for what we need.

Reactions: Go Rangers

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Idk how to post tweets the right way apparently Vince saying the Rangers are on the lookout for a 6/7 D as expected. Jones will be a trade casualty I think

Can Gourde still make an impact? There’s not a lot out there at C. I still love Dowd. If they want to raise the floor they need to get a top line caliber wing. Guentzel, Eberle, Toffoli, Buch, Vatrano are the guys who should be out there, but there are hurdles for most of them.

I’m bullish on the team after they came out of that 1.5 month rough stretch. The concerns (Lindgren, Mika 5v5) are real but no worse than any other contender around the league. With the cap going up this summer I think Drury is going to try very hard to add a guy who will be a core player with term, or is signable. I wish Guentzel was a couple years younger because he is a perfect player for what we need.
Gourde can absolutely still make an impact.

Go get him and one of the wingers you mentioned. I really wouldn’t mind Toffoli. But like you said there will be hurdles to make these acquisitions happen, including Gourde.

I am convinced we end up with one of Gourde/Henrique/Wennberg.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Gourde can absolutely still make an impact.

Go get him and one of the wingers you mentioned. I really wouldn’t mind Toffoli. But like you said there will be hurdles to make these acquisitions happen, including Gourde.

I am convinced we end up with one of Gourde/Henrique/Wennberg.

If they can get 2 of the Seattle forwards I’d feel great about the depth up front.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
harp on the 3rd pairing...

our top4 has been shite.... Lindgren and Trouba are not good enough. We could survive with one in the top4.... not both

Lindgren is atrocious. Him getting bodied by Marner was embarrassing. If he doesn’t have a shoulder or core injury, hes just out of shape.

Reactions: duhmetreE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Henrique Kakko
Cuylle Zibs Vesey
Edstrom Good/Brodz/Rempe

KAM Fox
Chych/Hanifin Trouba
Lindgren Schneids
Gus

not great, but not terrible.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Eberle and Gourde/Wennberg is an ideal deadline.

I do like Toffoli.

Its too bad PIT won’t deal Crosby and/or deal him here and/or he waives to come here. That would be a mountain moving acquisition.

I think Crosby retires a penguin. I also wish Reilly smith wasn’t making 5 mil the next 2 years. He would help

Reactions: RGY

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
Devils aren’t trading Toffoli to the rangers.

Like the player and the fit (if the bromance dies) but it isn’t going to happen.

I dont know if they trade him at all

I get not wanting to trade a young player with control in the division, but a 32 year old UFA? They should take the best offer they can get from whomever they can get it from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad