Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Out of curiosity. If we ask him to waive to some teams and he gets traded, would the NMC be lifted after the trade or would need to be asked to waive by his new team is THEY want to trade him?
I believe the acquiring team has the ability to honor the clause or not. Essentially they can say “sorry your NMC is voided and going forward we can trade you wherever” or “we’ll continue to allow you to have a NMC”

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
again IMO the issue with Mikkas RW is that he and Kreider never use that other player and they have no clue how to cycle the puck. It almost doesn’t matter who you put there, even Panarin on that line is meh
So yea, the same conclusion comes thats mika and krieder f***ing suck playing with each other.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I believe the acquiring team has the ability to honor the clause or not. Essentially they can say “sorry your NMC is voided and going forward we can trade you wherever” or “we’ll continue to allow you to have a NMC”

Does the player have the ability to negotiate that? That seems crazy to me. Why would anyone waive then?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That's ok, he can be wrong if he wants.

You mentioned Kakko playing well with Cuylle. Cuylle doesn't have a point in his last six games.

Kakko always "plays well" with his linemates and none of them score. Lafreniere has finally had a whole season away from that stupid f***ing line and look at the season he's having.

It's not an accident and we know what the common denominator is. It's been five years. Kakko is offensive poison.
The reason the 3rd line isn't scoring is because they have an AHLer centering it. Brodzinski sucks. Get a real 3C.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Reactions: AirGut

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The reason the 3rd line isn't scoring is because they have an AHLer centering it. Brodzinski sucks. Get a real 3C.
Brodzinski has more points than he does!

It's crazy the lengths people will go to just to not admit Kakko is bad at offense. It's ok to say it.

He's good at other things. The line, overall, is pretty effective. He's just bad at offense. It's like saying Rempe is tall and having people yell at you about it.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
They both had the same amount of goals and points last year. Laf just happened to take a step forward this year and Kakko missed nearly 2 months with the injury. Trading Kakko for anything less than another young player with potential would be a big mistake.
The argument against Kakko leaks so much water you’d call it Titanic. Check out who’ve been his centers this year. Start of the season version of Zibanejad which is enough said especially this season, then prolonged injury and Bonino is his center followed by a “huge” improvement when Brodzinski took over 3C.
At the end of last year most people would draw an equal sign between Lafreniere and Kakko, and maybe even given Kakko a nod over. Lafreniere took a huge step forward this year but let’s not leave out that he’s been playing this while time with Panarin and Trocheck having career years. Kakko clearly stalled but he hasn’t been in the greatest position this season to turn things around.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Brodzinski has more points than he does!

It's crazy the lengths people will go to just to not admit Kakko is bad at offense. It's ok to say it.

He's good at other things. The line, overall, is pretty effective. He's just bad at offense. It's like saying Rempe is tall and having people yell at you about it.

Do you think he can carve a Fast-like career for himself? I think it's time to give up on the dream of him being a 2nd overall worthy player. That's fine if Laf continues to improve and Gabe is what we think he can be.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The argument against Kakko leaks so much water you’d call it Titanic. Check out who’ve been his centers this year. Start of the season version of Zibanejad which is enough said especially this season, then prolonged injury and Bonino is his center followed by a “huge” improvement when Brodzinski took over 3C.
At the end of last year most people would draw an equal sign between Lafreniere and Kakko, and maybe even given Kakko a nod over. Lafreniere took a huge step forward this year but let’s not leave out that he’s been playing this while time with Panarin and Trocheck having career years. Kakko clearly stalled but he hasn’t been in the greatest position this season to turn things around.

You sound like a Devils fan on the mainboards with that argument. All three of them are having career years because of each other. This is the best offensive talent all three have played with on the Rangers for a prolonged period of time. Even possibly the best they've played in their careers. I know that Panarin is an established superstar but the second winger on his line was never better Jaspe Fast.

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
You sound like a Devils fan on the mainboards with that argument. All three of them are having career years because of each other. This is the best offensive talent all three have played with on the Rangers for a prolonged period of time. Even possibly the best they've played in their careers. I know that Panarin is an established superstar but the second winger on his line was never better Jaspe Fast.

In a similar vein, when was the last time the Rangers had a top 6 caliber player with Mika & Kreider? Not since Buch or 2 months of Vatrano(clearly the guy produces if he gets the minutes) in 2022. Drury really needs to pull the trigger on a winger. I’m willing to include Kakko for the right guy. It’s not that hard to replace a 3rd line player. We could probably do it in house with Berard

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider-Zibanejad-Kakko: 1.46 GF/60
Kreider-Zibanejad-Anybody else: 3.79 GF/60

And that's just this year where Mika has been terrible the whole season.

Those two weren't stopping Kakko from scoring, he was stopping them from scoring.

The only lines Kakko is on where he isn't a huge drag on scoring, are lines that are decidedly used as the third line. He's not good enough to play with skilled players. It's not a lack of opportunity; they can't use him any higher up because he stinks at offense.
Do you think he can carve a Fast-like career for himself? I think it's time to give up on the dream of him being a 2nd overall worthy player. That's fine if Laf continues to improve and Gabe is what we think he can be.
Kakko has a huge problem.

A guy like Fast could play with a scoring line and make that line better. Even if he wasn't scoring, at the very least, the scorers on the line didn't score less because he was on it.

Even Jimmy Vesey. People always say "oh we can't move him up because he stinks if he's not in the bottom six." Kreider and Zibanejad score at a better rate with Vesey than without Vesey.

Hell, people also screamed bloody murder at Fast playing higher than the third line. For a couple of years, it was the most annoying meme on the board. "Oh no, Fast is playing with Panarin tonight, I have to beat my dog!"

Meanwhile, Kakko just needs his 89th opportunity.

If Kakko can't start playing in the top six without dragging offense, his career is going to be as a 4th liner.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, Panarin and Trocheck are having great years and are dream offensive linesmates, but there's something to be said about the fact that Lafreniere has the ability to exist on that line, and the very least you can say is that he hasn't made it worse.

And mind you, that's out of position too. It might not seem like a big deal, and for some guys maybe it isn't, but Lafreniere veers left like a NASCAR driver. It was a huge adjustment for him to play RW.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, Panarin and Trocheck are having great years and are dream offensive linesmates, but there's something to be said about the fact that Lafreniere has the ability to exist on that line, and the very least you can say is that he hasn't made it worse.

And mind you, that's out of position too. It might not seem like a big deal, and for some guys maybe it isn't, but Lafreniere veers left like a NASCAR driver. It was a huge adjustment for him to play RW.

I know you're not saying he's just existing. I think all three contribute well. Obviously Panarin handle the load but Lafreniere is lower tier first line caliber player this year. I know some fans were hoping for a super duper star and he's not that yet but he's also 22. Panarin wasn't even in the NHL yet at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad