Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
So, with Gus back and Jones out....wouldn't it be wise to put him with Trouba and let Miller Schneider play together? Trouba can get his extra mins on the pk. I don't understand why this is so hard. Should never have given him the C if its gonna interfere with placing him in the teams best interest.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Callahan was pending a UFA who they couldn't reach a contract extension with and McDonagh was to kick off a rebuild. I'm not seeing the similarity.
Both were team captains and were traded

NYR captains are far from being a no-go via trades.
In troubas case, it’s pretty obvious NYR will not be extending him after this deal anyway, especially with raises to Schneider/laf/miller etc. and Schneider being ready to take his role in the top 4.

The writing is pretty much on the wall for Trouba tbh, it’s not if but when and he hasn’t done himself any favors this year with his play besides a few good weeks here and there.

it’s entirely possible they want to keep him for 1 more season….. but if org is seeing what the rest of us are I’d more him this offseason.
Cally if I remembered correctly was offered 6mill per on multi-year deal.
He wanted 6.5-7….
After he was traded, he signed for a bit less with TB but because of the state tax it turned out to be a little more then NY was offering in actual $$…..

Reactions: B17 Apricots

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
dunno how others feel,
but I'd see benefits 2 ways
in sending Rempe back to Hfd to play more
and bringing up guys who offer different kind of depth up for a few games each,
whether they play or not guys like Belzile, Othmann, Berard
feel more a part of it, for when they might get recalled in playoffs

Reactions: Go Rangers

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Pretty sure it's been mentioned a gazillion times but Trouba is not waiving any clauses to be traded. He and his wife specifically picked NYC when he forced his trade here. Her career is here.
He has a 15-team NTC next season and 12-team NTC the final year of his deal. Starting July 1, he can only block 15 teams. I'm assuming all the Canadian teams will be included in that 15. He can still be traded to 16 teams. If you assume that an in-division trade won't happen, and he hasn't put them on his list, that still leaves 9 teams he can't block a trade to next season. 12 the following season.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Pretty sure it's been mentioned a gazillion times but Trouba is not waiving any clauses to be traded. He and his wife specifically picked NYC when he forced his trade here. Her career is here.

I'm sure for $8m a year his wife can take a career pause for 2-3 seasons while he plays elsewhere. Or she can work here and take a private jet out to Detroit on weekends. Whatever.

His wife's employment is of zero concern to the Rangers. He has a 15 team list and unless he wants to be miserable in his own career it should be in his best interest to go to one of them.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Drury stinks at getting NCAA free agents. We used to get all the good ones.
Helped when the team had less depth since that player would feel like they have a legit shot at NHL time soon.

Graf going to San Jose says more about where they are. He knows he's going to get big minutes if he produces. Not many players in his way.

Reactions: pld459666

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I'm sure for $8m a year his wife can take a career pause for 2-3 seasons while he plays elsewhere. Or she can work here and take a private jet out to Detroit on weekends. Whatever.

His wife's employment is of zero concern to the Rangers. He has a 15 team list and unless he wants to be miserable in his own career it should be in his best interest to go to one of them.
I dont know where shes working but i know that when they came the timing was right.

They wanted a big city where she could get her residency. They last 3-7 years depending on the speciality. Its already been 4-5 years so shes likely set and can transfer to another city hospital and probably make out since shes got Manhattan on her resume.

His list likely reflects that, if they were smart - Outside of some Canadian cities that wouldnt be on there anyway most NHL teams are located in a big metropolis with multiple major hospitals. Or maybe she could open her own practice. Who knows. But yeah, it shouldnt have any bearing.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
sucks about Graf but he’s probably got better shot elsewhere

He's also... (whispers)

not... actually all that good?

He's the kind of player who will have to make the NHL in a top 9 role to stick, unlike a guy like Aston-Reese, which hurts his chances.

Realistically has we signed him he should still be outside of our top 10 on our prospects ranking list.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Yeah, talk about a luxury "problem"... jeez.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

He's always stated that they are a partnership and neither's career is a priority over the other's. A no vote for one is a no vote for both.

100% agree. There are residual effects of doing this consistently over time, however. It's going to cost them the ability to sign or even trade for certain players because of their history of jettisoning captains and players in the middle of their deals.

Not saying they shouldn't look to move Trouba but there is a cost.

Cally if I remembered correctly was offered 6mill per on multi-year deal.
He wanted 6.5-7….

I actually think it was higher than that. I think he wanted term x 7.5M

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He's always stated that they are a partnership and neither's career is a priority over the other's. A no vote for one is a no vote for both.

100% agree. There are residual effects of doing this consistently over time, however. It's going to cost them the ability to sign or even trade for certain players because of their history of jettisoning captains and players in the middle of their deals.

I actually think it was higher than that. I think he wanted term x 7.5M
You’re probably right…. I just remember him wanting 6.5 or 7.5 per year… there was def a .5 that NYR wasn’t offering…
Then he signed with Tampa for 5.8 or 6.8????
I’m just going off of memory…., could be wrong

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Not sure bout that. They’ve done this before and it was the cost of doing business here.

Might be more complicated with the Rangers cap situation. Can't have someone on the roster that isn't ready to play at the level the Rangers are when they have zero cap space.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

I’ll believe this is a real issue when it actually starts to come back to bite Vegas in the ass ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad