Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I didn't say nothing could go wrong, but playing a guy who is bleeding goals left and right isn't a good option either (it's a worse option).

The GM has to fix this mess by getting Trouba off the roster ASAP.

If only they had realized it back when it was obvious to a lowly message board poster 2 years ago, this problem would be solved already and we'd have a better chance in the playoffs this year. But no, his hits and toughness and leadership are definitely helping us win the Cup despite the 2 goals a game he's giving up.

I didn't say nothing could go wrong, but playing a guy who is bleeding goals left and right isn't a good option either (it's a worse option).

The GM has to fix this mess by getting Trouba off the roster ASAP.

If only they had realized it back when it was obvious to a lowly message board poster 2 years ago, this problem would be solved already and we'd have a better chance in the playoffs this year. But no, his hits and toughness and leadership are definitely helping us win the Cup despite the 2 goals a game he's giving up.
Moving Trouba 2 years ago was next to impossible.
-NMC
-owed a lot of cash and carried a 8 mill cap him.

Moving him this year/next is actually a realistic option.
The MNTC likely includes all of Canada.
Teams with internal budgets who need vet leadership/toughness/etc
Will like the salary even with the high cap hit……

Even discussion moving Trouba 2 years ago was non-realistic.
It’s about as non-realistic about moving Zibby this offseason…..

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
-NMC

It's probably not very realistic considering they valued him enough to name him captain and play him big minutes. He also has a 15 team NTC which he can easily use to block almost any trade just by listing the team with cap space.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
-NMC

He’d probably block all of Canada and I doubt the Rangers would do him dirty.

Detroit or Miami. Maybe a wildcard like Buffalo?

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Pretty sure it's been mentioned a gazillion times but Trouba is not waiving any clauses to be traded. He and his wife specifically picked NYC when he forced his trade here. Her career is here.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It's probably not very realistic considering they valued him enough to name him captain and play him big minutes. He also has a 15 team NTC which he can easily use to block almost any trade just by listing the team with cap space.
Tell that to Callahan ….
McDonaugh too, but that was a rebuild/retool trade.

If they find a taker and a return they can live with, and a UFA or young player they want via trade to replace him, I wouldn’t worry about them not making the deal.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Pretty sure it's been mentioned a gazillion times but Trouba is not waiving any clauses to be traded. He and his wife specifically picked NYC when he forced his trade here. Her career is here.

Stuck with him sadly. Wish his contract was 99% less than what it is now

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He’d probably block all of Canada and I doubt the Rangers would do him dirty.

Detroit or Miami. Maybe a wildcard like Buffalo?
Anaheim, Seattle, etc
It’s impossible to speculate until we know what teams are on the list.

He lives in FLA in offseason, and his root/family are in Michigan.

Det a solid guess. It would be like a Reilly smith trade for them. Can see them wanting to add him without them giving up anything too valuable

Reactions: bernmeister

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
15 team list leaves 16 teams. I would doubt he just lists teams with cap space, because trades can be made where cap goes both ways or a third team takes cap. I'd imagine he's going to list the 15 teams he would most not want to end up on.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Tell that to Callahan ….

If they find a taker and a return they can live with, and a UFA or young player they want via trade to replace him, I wouldn’t worry about them not making the deal.

The Rangers havent been sentimental about moving their Captains at any point in the last 30 years. Not sure why people think Trouba would be the exception here.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I remember the #FreeClendening movement on Twitter back in 2015-2016. An analytics darling.
Honestly the guy we really shafted, I think his name was Hutchinson? Scored like 50 points in the AHL while Rozsival really struggled on the power play and never even got a look.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
He can be traded after, I believe, July 1st WITHOUT waiving a clause. 15 team no trade list.

Reactions: bernmeister

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
15 team list leaves 16 teams. I would doubt he just lists teams with cap space, because trades can be made where cap goes both ways or a third team takes cap. I'd imagine he's going to list the 15 teams he would most not want to end up on.

If Trouba knows the Rangers dont want him why would he stay? NYC isn't the only place in the country with world class hospitals anymore.

Reactions: bhamill

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I mean, there more options then ppl think. ANA has internal cap…..
SJ might want veteran leadership……

Look what Tampa did with McD…..
They signed him with MNTC, won a cup with him, then said Nashville wants you, if you don’t wana go there we have a trade with Columbus ready….
Basically forced him to choose his way out….
But either way, he was OUT….
They need that $$$/cap to be allocated elsewhere.

Trouba isn’t a fool. Hes not going to leave that kind of money on the table for 2 years of playing, no matter where his wife wants to call home…
Plus NYC has gone to hell the last few years. I’m there 3 times a week….
Homeless are rampant, subway crime,etc etc etc

Reactions: bhamill

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I think that in his time here, she has likely been able to get a nice resume for herself in the US> That was part of the reason he forced his way out of WPG, it was putting here career on hold. I am pretty sure that if she is good at what she does, which I have to assume she is, finding a job in a hospital in any major city would be well within the cards for her.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I think that in his time here, she has likely been able to get a nice resume for herself in the US> That was part of the reason he forced his way out of WPG, it was putting here career on hold. I am pretty sure that if she is good at what she does, which I have to assume she is, finding a job in a hospital in any major city would be well within the cards for her.
Sure but why would she if they both love living in New York?
And everything I’ve seen has shown they both truly love living in New York. They don’t live in CT like a lot of the vets, but in the city.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
The 2024 -5 D Template:

Xxxxx Fox
Miller Schneider
Jones Trouba (last year)
(Xxxxx)
That's how I see it and honestly how I wish they would play it right now.

I still think Kakko and Lindgren are moved this summer. Sign Hanifin. I'll believe he only wants to go to a certain team when he actually signs there. These "insiders" don't know anything.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Tell that to Callahan ….

Callahan was pending a UFA who they couldn't reach a contract extension with and McDonagh was to kick off a rebuild. I'm not seeing the similarity.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
The thing with Trouba is, even if he didn't stink, we don't need him. We have his replacement on the roster. Business wise, it makes absolute sense to trade him to free up his 8 mil and promote Schneider. Really has nothing to do with his performance. It's all about the cap. My point being, even if Drury think Trouba is outstanding, the smart move is to trade him when the restrictions are lifted in July.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Is her career here, or did she just need to be here to go to school?

Also, f*** Jacob Trouba. Please leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad