Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
What does it have to do with anything? There’s been captains playing bottom-6 forwards even 4th line, as well as 3rd pair D. If Laviolette asks it to make the whole team better as a captain Trouba should be embracing this role.
Considering the way we trade captains, at this point Trouba should be happy just being in the lineup.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
@EdJovanovski You see this??? LOLOLOL

1710546711887.png

Did they think that was JT or something?

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Let’s try Jonathon Quick on the wing too. He can play there when he’s not in the net.

Zibanejad is the number one center on this team, a position which he’s paid to play and has played his entire adult life. Switching him to right wing is a complete fantasy and that IS a statement of fact.
Zibanijad is the number two center this year if we are numbering lines. 10-16-13 is line one.

They're a bad partner.

Miller, Kakko, Othmann for Chychrun and Batherson?
No thanks.

Reactions: bernmeister

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Trouba should be moved this offseason. Im not sure hes better than schneider. And we dont need to pay a 3rd pair dman $8mm
Furthermore, this is probably a controversial statement to some but trading trouba and signing zadorov and tony D at league min for bottom pair would be an upgrade to the team.

Lindgren-fox
Kandre-schneider
Zadorov-tony

Obviously will never happen due to how things went down with tony and the rangers but when he has a stay at home d partner the guy is a heckuva hockey player

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Fans of this team just constantly have to attack the fringes of the roster and be negative about guys who are not complete players but fill a specific role.

Instead, direct your frustration at Panarin, Fox, Zibanejad, Shesterkin, Trocheck and Kreider, because that’s who needs to do well for the team to win. Those guys need to show up. The rest of the guys are on par with every team in the league in those roles

Reactions: LOFIN and Galvatron

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Furthermore, this is probably a controversial statement to some but trading trouba and signing zadorov and tony D at league min for bottom pair would be an upgrade to the team.

Lindgren-fox
Kandre-schneider
Zadorov-tony

Obviously will never happen due to how things went down with tony and the rangers but when he has a stay at home d partner the guy is a heckuva hockey player
Tony sucks, there's a reason he can't stick anywhere, he can't defend

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Fans of this team just constantly have to attack the fringes of the roster and be negative about guys who are not complete players but fill a specific role.

Instead, direct your frustration at Panarin, Fox, Zibanejad, Shesterkin, Trocheck and Kreider, because that’s who needs to do well for the team to win. Those guys need to show up. The rest of the guys are on par with every team in the league in those roles
What is there to be frustrated about at all? #StayCised

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Edstrom is back. If he is going to play, can he replace Rempe on the roster or is someone going on IR?

There’s no 23 man roster limit after the deadline as long as you stay under the cap, the Devils are carrying 26 players right now.

Reactions: bobbop

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Tony sucks, there's a reason he can't stick anywhere, he can't defend
Tony D has 3 problems imo.

1. He acts like an idiot at times.

2. He was pretty darn good in 2 seasons but he has played 8 seasons.

3. The frequency of him acting badly is probably greater than the frequency of him having a really good season.

Reactions: TominNC

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I didn’t number lines, I numbered our #1 center.
Fair, but okay then: Trocheck has more goals, assists, points, a better FO%, has been better defensively and far more physical than Mika. Trocheck is our number one center this year.
If you could only have had one for this season, would you tell me you’d pick Zibs?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd be surprised if the Rangers moved on from Trouba in the off season. For one thing they don't have any defense prospects in Hartford or anywhere else ready to move up to the NHL. If they moved him they'd have to trade for another D to replace him or buy one up in free agency. Just don't see that happening. Organizationally we're too thin on D.

DeAngelo is never coming back. He can be a point getter but as a defenseman his defending stinks really bad and there isn't a current Rangers defenseman good enough to cover up the smell. Then there are the off ice issues. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Tony's been living on borrowed time for a while in getting teams to give him second chances and he's about run out of his nine lives.

Reactions: Galvatron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad