Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I can see Goodrow and Lindgren going to San Jose for Sturm and Ferraro.

I can also see Kakko going for picks/other young player.

Wennberg is good, but I think Ros might be the one they keep, if they keep someone.

Panarin-Tro-Laf
Kreider-Z-Ros/Othmann
Cuylle-Chytil?-Berard
Vesey-Sturm-Edstrom/Rempe/Brod

Ferraro-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones-Trouba
Scanlin

Damn man. I like that team. Might be the meanest team in the league. Black and Blueshirts? Nope. The Big Bad Blushirts. Haha

Rather keep Lindgren, buyout Goodrow and sign Wennberg than do that Sharks trade. It's a lateral move imo.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I have tp assume that based on the UFA pool, there will be quite a few teams looking for defensive help who can't allure UFA's that would be open to a trade for Lindgren. Arizona being one of them. So even if they signed Dillon, or Demelo or someone like that, the worst case scenario would be to tell teams he's available but they don't need to trade him. Worst case is Jones is the #7 to start the season.
Arizona can’t sign quality UFAs so they will trade for quality but their experience with Zucker and Dumba may sour them on one year commitments. Both were busts this year and they got next to nothing for either player. If someone only has one year under contract, not likely they will trade for them. If the Rangers decide to move Jones at some point, he would be attractive to Arizona and they have a ton of draft capital. Players simply have no interest in coming to Arizona right now and that situation gets worse by the day. On top of that ownership seems to really be pinching Pennies (e.g. they wouldn’t retain any salary on Dumba and Zucker) more so than ever.

Reactions: egelband

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
I can see Goodrow and Lindgren going to San Jose for Sturm and Ferraro.

I can also see Kakko going for picks/other young player.

Wennberg is good, but I think Ros might be the one they keep, if they keep someone.

Panarin-Tro-Laf
Kreider-Z-Ros/Othmann
Cuylle-Chytil?-Berard
Vesey-Sturm-Edstrom/Rempe/Brod

Ferraro-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones-Trouba
Scanlin

Damn man. I like that team. Might be the meanest team in the league. Black and Blueshirts? Nope. The Big Bad Blushirts. Haha
I'd have to see Roslo play at 3C before going along with that. Wenn is a better contingency plan for a Chytil setback (so far).

Ferraro is intriguing.

Reactions: MrAlmost

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If Wennberg is resigned I’m either moving Chytil to RW or moving him for a LD. Maybe his upside and uncertainty is equal to Chychruns.
Wennberg just fits the team better for what they want to do with their 3rd line.

Chytil value is gonna be in the crapper regardless of his health status this offseason.

Kakko seems like the very logical choice to move if we have to move someone.

Chytil gets a try to slot in the same way we tried moving Kakko around this year, either at RW next to Zib or on 3rd line RW.

Also an outside shot that Chytil sticks at center and Zib moves to RW.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I feel like odds that teams re-sign rentals is always pretty low...really ends up depending on how those players do in the playoffs and what kind of contract they're looking for. I think we tend to get a bit attached to guys on the team, even rentals, but it's not always the greatest idea to sign them

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
I mean, the odds of Chytil having any meaningful career going forward have gotta be like 25/75.
Didn't Mika have a few bell ringers early on in his career?

I'm not buying into the doom and gloom until an announcement is made. A $3m-ish guy in Wennberg can fit in either way, but helps prepare for the worst.

There's no upside in declaring Fil finished before anything official. If you're right, you can gloat. If you're wrong, you can shrug it off and move on. It's just a Debbie Downer move either way.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Didn't Mika have a few bell ringers early on in his career?

I'm not buying into the doom and gloom until an announcement is made. A $3m-ish guy in Wennberg can fit in either way, but helps prepare for the worst.

There's no upside in declaring Fil finished before anything official. If you're right, you can gloat. If you're wrong, you can shrug it off and move on. It's just a Debbie Downer move either way.
True, but I don't recall him having to be helped off the ice after a non-contact practice. That is a horrible sign.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If Drury really wanted to, he could find a way to retain both Roslovic and Wennberg. In terms of the priority, it’s Wennberg. He’s a perfect 3c and he shouldn’t cost too much. People wanted to trade for Gourde and were okay fitting his contract, Wennberg should come in considerably under his cap hit. $3.5-3.75m is a guess on a 3-4 year deal.

Berard is going to fit like a glove with Zibanejad and Kreider. If Roslovic wants to take a significant pay cut, like $2.5m, I’m interested.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
2024-5

AP VT AL
CK MZ Othmann or CK Chytil MZ
WC Wennberg KK
JV Brodz/Edstrom/Rempe/Berard

Chychrun/Theodore AF
KAM BS
Jones JT

Basically use Lindgren proceeds to subsidize the cost of an upgrade.

Next year will be Trouba replacement.

Reactions: Chytilmania

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Wennberg just fits the team better for what they want to do with their 3rd line.

Chytil value is gonna be in the crapper regardless of his health status this offseason.

Kakko seems like the very logical choice to move if we have to move someone.

Chytil gets a try to slot in the same way we tried moving Kakko around this year, either at RW next to Zib or on 3rd line RW.

Also an outside shot that Chytil sticks at center and Zib moves to RW.
Zib is not moving to RW. Stop with video game nonsense

Reactions: Dijock94

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Trouba is an easier replacement than Lindgren for the simple fact that Schneider is in house and ready for a bigger role. Lindgren will require a trade, FA, etc... Like everyone's been saying, the playoffs will say a lot.

Trouba's money would be useful, maybe dangle him for a LHD prospect. I would say Stevie Y in Detroit with all the prospects they have, but I don't see him parting with the prominent ones. Maybe Shai Buium, but I dont know how much upside he really has. There's speculation that he may choose to become a free agent.

Dallas is interesting. They have a ton of cap space this summer. They want to win. Completely barren on the right side. They traded for Tanev at the deadline. Nils doesn't play much of a role. On the left side they have Heiskanen, Lindell, and now Harvey, who's having a huge breakout season. One of them is playing on their off-hand. Lindell has a NMC and the other 2 are untouchable. So where does that leave Lian Bichsel? He's close to an NHL role, where does he fit in that lineup? That's a player they'd probably like to keep but realistically he's a guy that could be expendable. Why top prospect Lian Bichsel is going back to Europe and what it means for the Stars

Surprisingly Edmonton will have a bunch of cap space this summer. Trouba would be a fit there, but who knows what team will be on his 15 team no trade list. Phil Broberg could be a change of scenery candidate. There aren't many spots for him on that roster. Philip Broberg is showing his promise: Will NHL opportunity come with the Oilers or elsewhere?

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Show some realism. These suggestions are patently absurd.
1710426535242.png

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ive seen Wennberg play 2 games and I'm ready to extend him. He's the play driver that 3rd line needed and he's got the versatility to move up and down and right to left in the lineup. Doesn't hurt that he called coming here a dream come true.

Roslovic has been a good fit but still need to see more, he has certainly given Mika and Kreider some space on that line though
Wennberg is the type of guy that doesn't necessarily put up points to match his overall play.

This is a good thing. Points are expensive. And we have points. We have Panarin, Kreider, and Lafreniere moving forward.

Wennberg does everything well and makes the team better without the statline blowing you away. He's an Anunoby.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Wennberg is the type of guy that doesn't necessarily put up points to match his overall play.

This is a good thing. Points are expensive. And we have points. We have Panarin, Kreider, and Lafreniere moving forward.

Wennberg does everything well and makes the team better without the statline blowing you away. He's an Anunoby.

Exactly this. In some sense, and while I know it's an unpopular subject, Kakko plays a similar style where his point totals don't show it, but he effects the game positively.

From past iterations, guys like Fast, Stralman, Hagelin were other examples

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Exactly this. In some sense, and while I know it's an unpopular subject, Kakko plays a similar style where his point totals don't show it, but he effects the game positively.

From past iterations, guys like Fast, Stralman, Hagelin were other examples
I know some fans are super frustrated he hasn't been a "#2 overall pick" in terms of point production, but this so many time over. It makes me feel looney tunes when people want to trade him. He's Jere Lehtinen to me. Also, he's completely the type of player that seems like he will blossom with age. So if he gets better from here towards that ceiling that's a win but he's such a huge piece of the lineup as is already.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I feel like odds that teams re-sign rentals is always pretty low...really ends up depending on how those players do in the playoffs and what kind of contract they're looking for. I think we tend to get a bit attached to guys on the team, even rentals, but it's not always the greatest idea to sign them
To support this low likelyhood of resigning are specific facts that Drury didn't spend major assets or acquired controlled FAs at TDL - which would've indicated an interest to resign long-term.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I know some fans are super frustrated he hasn't been a "#2 overall pick" in terms of point production, but this so many time over. It makes me feel looney tunes when people want to trade him. He's Jere Lehtinen to me. Also, he's completely the type of player that seems like he will blossom with age. So if he gets better from here towards that ceiling that's a win but he's such a huge piece of the lineup as is already.

All of the above and he’s C-H-E-A-P which is invaluable in today’s NHL.

Reactions: redwhiteandblue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad