Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Because nobody cares about Carolina. Each team in the division views the big market and very visible Rangers as a rival they hesitate to make big deals with. Smaller deals fine but not major ones.
yup. Even though the hurricanes have had more extended success we're the team that no one wants to be risk losing a trade with.
No team in the metro really has the canes as a true division rival either.
The Islanders/Devils/Flyers all look at us as a major rival, but not the canes.

Why we usually trade outside the division ourselves.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I got one issue. Rangers should have sent down Brodzinski for the AHL playoffs so Edstrom fan stay on the roster. I guess Brodzinski is still gonna play 🤮

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I got one issue. Rangers should have sent down Brodzinski for the AHL playoffs so Edstrom fan stay on the roster. I guess Brodzinski is still gonna play 🤮
Edstrom plays LW.
Surplus of those.
Better that Edstrom plays minutes rather than sit as a 13th forward.
Edstrom has a higher cap hit though I’m not sure how close we are to the ceiling.

Reactions: surlysailor

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
yup. Even though the hurricanes have had more extended success we're the team that no one wants to be risk losing a trade with.
No team in the metro really has the canes as a true division rival either.
The Islanders/Devils/Flyers all look at us as a major rival, but not the canes.

Why we usually trade outside the division ourselves.
Pitt, Washington, and Carolina all look at us as major rivals also. Everybody hates the Rangers, lol.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Pitt, Washington, and Carolina all look at us as major rivals also. Everybody hates the Rangers, lol.
Pitt/Washington typically look at each other as rivals, and pitt also looks at the flyers as a rival.

Can they bring him back up if they wanted to or would they be over the cap? I like Edstrom alot.
With trouba out we could bring edstrom up. with Trouba back in, not until the playoffs.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Seeing Trouba's injury status makes the Ruhwedel acquisition make more sense.
I don't think one was dependent on the other. We needed a spare dman besides Jones.
With trouba out we could bring edstrom up. with Trouba back in, not until the playoffs.
Trouba being out doesn't change anything as he's not on LTIR. He's not even on regular IR, so he's still using up one of the 23 roster spots.

According to CapFriendly, we have $1,775,000 left in LTIR cap space. That doesn't include Rempe, who has an 820k cap hit. With Rempe, we have 955k. That's enough space to call up Edstrom. The problem is that we are limited to 4 call ups the rest of the regular season, so we aren't going to be moving players back and forth.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Imo Roslovic will be the steal of the deadline, i just hope we're able to keep him at an affordable cap hit. I'd guess he starts on the 3rd line and possibly works his way up

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I'm looking way too far ahead, and thinking way too much, but I feel like we may end up making a splash at the draft. There's a good chance there was some truth to Dolan not wanting to trade the first. It's absolutely on-brand for him to want to have his one toy and his shiny new toy. Not even a bad move.

That being said, in line with that same logic, I feel like he may enable or encourage Drury to make splash there day one. Whether that be complete a trade or move up with the first, it got me thinking.

Either way, Tij Iginla would be great to nab but would require a trade up when the time comes. Could end up out of reach also. Would gladly take that pedigree here.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I would love to see this board if Drury would have traded a 1st+Othmann+Cuylle/Kakko for Guentzel and then would have had to sign him to a 9 mil per year contract until he was 37. That would have gone over very well and yet people complain he didn't do enough. He did a great job this deadline.
Exactly my point. It's probably underwhelming as far as roster additions are concerned, but Drury's thinking a bit more long-term here, and I appreciate that.

Wennberg and Roslovic might not be game breakers, but they're able to play a variety of different roles. Roslovic's been on a 45 point pace the last 3 years, so adding that for a 4th is pretty damn good.

Vegas and Carolina made some pretty big additions, but that can mess up your team chemistry, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad