Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Id love that but Seattle is actually playing well right now and the Kraken and Eberle have mutual interest in an extension. Hard to believe they will trade a guy they see as a core piece given the circumstances
They said the same thing about wennberg a week ago.
Feel like eberle might actually want to hit ufa for once

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Neither is a good option then. Wennberg is a black hole offensively. A 2nd rounder for his overpriced ass is overpayment when we won’t have any more picks till the 5th round. It’s a high price to pay for a guy who is a 4th liner being paid like goodrow

Yeah Wennberg hasn't been a '4th' liner in pretty much his entire career. He's a pretty solid 3rd line center. Like most non-superstars he has things that aren't ideal but we aren't going to find Sidney Crosby for a middle round pick and Robertson

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Incorrect. He's a solid addition at a position of need and has 25 points this year which is 17 more than Goodrow. He is far better than Goodrow.

Hes a position of need that’s it. And we are going to overpay for him which disgusts me. You don’t overpay for 3rd/4th line talent. We already did this with goodie

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Yeah Wennberg hasn't been a '4th' liner in pretty much his entire career. He's a pretty solid 3rd line center. Like most non-superstars he has things that aren't ideal but we aren't going to find Sidney Crosby for a middle round pick and Robertson

But it’s not a middle pick! What’s being said is a 2nd rounder plus. He isn’t worth that

Reactions: bernmeister

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don't understand the hate. We need a center and we need more speed. The cost of a 2nd and a middling prospect isn't too bad. I'd be shocked if we gave up someone of Berard's pedigree.

It's better than paying out the ass for someone like Laughton.
People are going to complain no matter what Drury does. We know this. If true its a solid addition and I'm quite sure the midling prospect is probably not even in the top 15.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Well we still have 4 days to go. Eberle is a very good player, Drury would be smart to ask about him.
I doubt Drury hasn’t asked.
I have been mostly impressed w Drury’s trade deadline work previously, and we usually get at least one “out of left field” but exactly what we need.

Reactions: McRanger92

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
But it’s not a middle pick! What’s being said is a 2nd rounder plus. He isn’t worth that

I don't disagree, I've been pretty adamant about Robertson + middle pick

Side note -
I was reading today that Dumoulin has had a rough transition from Pittsburgh to Seattle. He signed a 2 year deal worth $3.15m last off-season so he has another year left. Would Seattle consider Wennberg + Dumoulin for Goodrow + 2nd + Robertson? Perhaps the Rangers retain a bit on Goodrow?

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
If it’s for Wennberg AND Eberle, a 1st will definitely be included. I’d do:

Wennberg (75% Retained) and Eberle (75% Retained)

For

1st Round Pick, Zac Jones and Adam Sykora

3rd Team Gets - 4th Round Pick and a 5th Round Pick to Retain

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Hes a position of need that’s it. And we are going to overpay for him which disgusts me. You don’t overpay for 3rd/4th line talent. We already did this with goodie
A late 2nd is really not an overpay when you have Brodzinski as your current 3C. You have to give up something when acquiring a solid NHLer. He's a 30-40 point player who can play a 200ft game.

Reactions: egelband

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Maybe i havent watched enough of Robertson lately but why is everyone tryin to trade him? Imo he's the long term answer to our bottom pair and maybe even bottom 4. He has the tools to be a good nhl dman. If he's gone next year then who we got? I'm assuming Jones is gone.
Not waiver exempt next year, he’s not very good, and you can always find someone to plug into the bottom pair - Who cares

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't disagree, I've been pretty adamant about Robertson + middle pick

Side note -
I was reading today that Dumoulin has had a rough transition from Pittsburgh to Seattle. He signed a 2 year deal worth $3.15m last off-season so he has another year left. Would Seattle consider Wennberg + Dumoulin for Goodrow + 2nd + Robertson? Perhaps the Rangers retain a bit on Goodrow?
somehow I have a feeling that our opinion on Goodrow and the coaches feeling (maybe CD as well) are pretty far apart. He consistently gets around 14 min of ice time. I know that includes pk but still.

Reactions: egelband

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

For

Wtf is that value. No.

Wennberg is a 4-5th rd pick without retention
Eberle is a 2nd maybe a first without retention.

Both of those prospects are more valuable than those picks by far!

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The Rangers have a 1RW, his name is Alexis Lafreniere.

They could use a RW, I agree. But they don't need to pay for a ppg player to fill that hole, based on the cost to acquire them. Go get a serviceable RW. Vatrano his first go around was just a serviceable piece who fit. Find that another guy like that.
Totally agree.

A guy like Foegele comes to mind if he can play on the right

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

For

Settle down.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
gotta love so many bitching that guys need more time in the AHL while also upset that 21 year old Berard in his first season isnt called up

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I'm not opposed to Wennberg slotted in the middle of Cuylle-Kakko but I just realized he's got a $4.5M contract, Drury better not be paying up a prospect like Sykora or Berard just to get them to retain a full 50%. If he does he's lost and confused and should seek medical attention.
Theyll likely be a 3rd team involved to retain. There were some whispers regarding that. Throw them a late round bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad