Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Yeah he is clearly not knocking on the door like the other guys. It's why this idea that he is going to stroll in next year and take the other top 6 RW spot is wishcasting at best. He is on the same trajectory as Cuylle was last year, and even he had to play out of his mind in the preseason to earn a spot on the 4th line.
His pace has slowed since they decided to move him to rw for obvious reasons, maybe he's just not adjusting well to that.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Drury spent his first summer as GM trying to accommodate young players like Krav, Kakko & Lundkvist. His reward? Endless ridicule and the distrust of the fanbase. That's why you dont let the inmates run the asylum.
No, that's not why he was ridiculed. It's the way he went about doing it.

Reactions: CLW

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
There have been plenty of opportunities to give Berard a shot this season and they haven't done it.

I don't think the organization is too high on him

Or maybe just maybe they are finally doing the right things by their prospects and letting him get a full year in the A before coming up and being a main stay like cutler this season.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The Rangers need two forwards that can play and be trusted for 14-15 minutes a night and contribute as 7th and 8th forwards. Shave a minute or two off the top guys and a minute or two off guys like Goodrow and Vesey.

Wennberg is someone that can do that. I'd get Duclair cheap, he can do it too. He did it with Florida.

Trocheck is 6th in the league in TOI per game. Panarin is 24th. Mika is 32nd. It's a lot to put on guys. Even Panarin is getting the full 2 min of the PP because they don't have effective PP2 guys. Trocheck and Mika are pulling all kinds of weight in TOI. You can do that for stretches, but not all the time.

I can even see a 4th line type added that can PK. Try and maximize your top guys at 5v5 and PP.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
What about my statement is inaccurate....the rebuild produced one top 6 forward. Chytil had a shot, but it's more than likely he's played his last game. Kakko is not a top 6 forward no matter how badly we need or want him to be.

Sure we're not those other teams, but we also didn't commit to a full rebuild once we signed Panarin & traded for Trouba. We're extremely fortunate Fox & Laffy fell into our lap.
I added to my previous post. It produced Panarin and Trocheck as well and you can't blame the organization on injuries. 3 components to a rebuild are drafting, trades, and FA Acquisitions. They had cap space to sign the above and assets to trade for Fox. It's all part of it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is Duclair that bad defensively?
Him and Wennberg can play top 9 and literally would not have to give up anything higher than a 2nd and some middle/lower prospects?

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
f*** me anothr blah player who adds nothing, he’s a 4th liner. He is kakko without any offensive skills.

Ladies and gentlemen welcome the new goodrow for us
I don't understand the hate. We need a center and we need more speed. The cost of a 2nd and a middling prospect isn't too bad. I'd be shocked if we gave up someone of Berard's pedigree.

It's better than paying out the ass for someone like Laughton.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
f*** me anothr blah player who adds nothing, he’s a 4th liner. He is kakko without any offensive skills.

He did put up .5ppg in playoffs last year. Against some decent competition. Played 19 min a game for a team that was 1 game away from WCF

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Well Drury has pretty much nailed the value additions. Its the young players who have disappointed. Panarin is worth the money but our top 2 C's at a combined 14m cap hit is probably good value if you look around the league at other contenders.

I don't disagree and I'm not saying they are providing back value, it's just that there is only so much money to go around. Chytil going down for most of the season and losing the ability to use that $4.4m for most of the year doesn't help. Neither does Goodrow and his 1 goal.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Edstrom and Rempe aren't ready for 12 mins a night and playing them 7 is going to exhaust Mika/Trochek. Actual depth is going to make a huge difference.

While I agree with that they shouldn’t be playing 7 min a night. They are more than effective when they are on the ice. Lavy just needs to stop overplaying the butt brothers and let edstrom and rempe play more. They are big physical, go to the net, create chances, hit and make the rest of the team play with an edge that they normally wouldn’t be. You think fox stands up to tkacjuk last night if rempe and edstrom aren’t there?

It’s on lavy to give them more ice time bc they deserve it

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
What if the hang-up here is Eberle. Brooks leak including Vatrano and Henrique in it maybe they're trying to position a package deal with Seattle if they can't come to an extension agreement with Eberle.

I'd imagine a 1st would be on the table for both of them whereas it won't be if its just Wennberg

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I don't understand the hate. We need a center and we need more speed. The cost of a 2nd and a middling prospect isn't too bad. I'd be shocked if we gave up someone of Berard's pedigree.

It's better than paying out the ass for someone like Laughton.

Neither is a good option then. Wennberg is a black hole offensively. A 2nd rounder for his overpriced ass is overpayment when we won’t have any more picks till the 5th round. It’s a high price to pay for a guy who is a 4th liner being paid like goodrow

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
What if the hang-up here is Eberle. Brooks leak including Vatrano and Henrique in it maybe they're trying to position a package deal with Seattle if they can't come to an extension agreement with Eberle.

I'd imagine a 1st would be on the table for both of them whereas it won't be if its just Wennberg

Id love that but Seattle is actually playing well right now and the Kraken and Eberle have mutual interest in an extension. Hard to believe they will trade a guy they see as a core piece given the circumstances

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Incorrect. He's a solid addition at a position of need and has 25 points this year which is 17 more than Goodrow. He is far better than Goodrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad