Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
From the games I have watched him he's looked bad defensively. Even Sens fans are putting him in every trade. Seems like they have already had enough of him.
being on Ottawa and out of position doesn't help

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I have Berard as our second best prospect and most nhl ready behind Perrault but it has felt like the org has been hiding him behind Othmann all year. Strange but he’s def the one they’re dangling right now

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Our Best prospect (maybe second to Perreault). If he is traded it better be for a young player with some term.

well I hope that is the case but its a gamble if we are giving up good young assets.
he has a decent body of work to go off of. The biggest concern was health. He's showing he possibly improved in that regard

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Based on Brooksie write ups:

- Wennberg for 2nd plus mid prospect
- Sounds like a no go on Vatrano as Drury apparently balked on a 1st
- Kakko is staying

Only question is who is the RW to acquire? Haven’t heard any credible reports on that.

Also, pretty sure they’re happy with the D. Lavi likes Gus.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 1.22.03 PM.png

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
There have been plenty of opportunities to give Berard a shot this season and they haven't done it.

I don't think the organization is too high on him

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
There have been plenty of opportunities to give Berard a shot this season and they haven't done it.

I don't think the organization is too high on him

The Rangers called up Rempe and Edstrom because they needed size in the bottom 6. Rangers arent going to call up Berard to play on the 4th line. If Kakko is gone by Friday, Berard is the perfect replacement. I find it very hard to believe Drury wants to trade ELC guys over a guy who is a pending RFA who is open about it wanting more ice time, despite doing nothing with it.

Reactions: NYR Viper

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I have zero problem getting duclair if it comes down to it. One of the few guys that can at least skate and play rush hockey with Mika and Kreider. Be interesting to see them together.

That line needs another floater like I need another hole in the head. Duclair does nothing but cherry pick and get beat defensively.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Not sure what makes me want to puke more, the idea of trading a boatload of assets & then signing a RW who's on the wrong side of 30 to a 7 year deal or the fact that our "rebuild" produced literally 1 top 6 player.
Our rebuild has produced players like Laf, Kakko, Miller, Schneider, and Chytil. It's also turned around the teams fortunes from missing the playoffs for 4 straight years to what is likely going to be a 3rd straight 105+ point season. It's really not that bad. Also, a rebuild is not just about drafting. Trades and FA acquisitions are all part of it. We also added Panarin, Fox, and Trocheck as part of the overall upgrade of the roster. Go ask fans of Buffalo, Columbus, Ottawa, Arizona, how their rebuilds are going.

Last edited:

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I think you're misconstruing what I am saying. I agree adding Guentzel now would be helpful. What I disagree with is that when you sign a player like Guentzel, who is likely to get 6-7 years, you have to look down the road. Guentzel isn't Panarin. Panarin was 27 when he became a UFA and you even said you're concerned as Panarin and Kreider age. What do you think will happen with Guentzel in year 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7? You have to look at what is coming and the cost/benefit of the acquisition and the long term benefit/hindrance of their cap hit.

The Rangers aren't in dire need of another wing. They just aren't.
I agree, paying Guentzel 8 mil till he's 37 or 38... BAD idea. If we get him he's a rental.

Reactions: bl02

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin Zibs Laffy
Kreider Trocheck Kakko
Cuylle Eller Wennberg

KAM/Chych Fox
Chychrun/KAM Trouba
Lindgren/Gus Schneider

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The Rangers have talked to Philadelphia about Laughton. The Rangers could end up playing Philadelphia in the playoffs. The Flyers have a high asking price on Laughton for all of these teams. There is no guarantee the Rangers play Carolina in the playoffs.

I didn't bring up Guentzel or Buchnevich. The Pittsburgh guy is a LW. The Rangers don't need another LW. He is looking for a huge contract. Buchnevich is the last guy Drury should even consider. Trades Buchnevich for a Blais and a 2nd and then trades two first round pick assets and another asset to reacquire him. Drury looks like the biggest moron in the history of the National Hockey League.
Is he trying to win a cup or what? Buch is the best player available at the Rangers biggest area of need. He has term and his cap hit is a bargain. Make the f***ing deal.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Because Berard is prob going to be dealt in the next 48 hours

Why would this be? Most teams don't trade their high end prospects

I have Berard as our second best prospect and most nhl ready behind Perrault but it has felt like the org has been hiding him behind Othmann all year. Strange but he’s def the one they’re dangling right now

Where are the sources for this definitive shopping you're claiming here?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Is he trying to win a cup or what? Buch is the best player available at the Rangers biggest area of need. He has term and his cap hit is a bargain. Make the f***ing deal.

Seriously. I feel like everyone has their fan fiction on the situation between Drury and Buchnevich but nothing has ever confirmed. All I know is, Buch is on the market and the Rangers need a top 6 forward who is a fit in the locker room.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I bet Lindgren would have value as a young veteran to a stupid team like Buffalo. Rangers are spinning their wheels with this guy playing top pair even strength minutes, but like with Mika and Kreider, I dont think the coaching staff sees a better option right now
they have better options.

KAM Fox
Gus Trouba

but they are scared of the County Club bromances. but you could also argue Gus Schneider is better than Gus Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad