Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think an Eichel trade is a roster player (ADA), young roster player who is a center (Chytl), top prospect not named Kak or Laf (Kravtsov, Miller, Nils) and at least two firsts (22 + 2021 unprotected), maybe even a conditional first in 22 depending on what the Rangers do (win 2 rounds = converted). I'm probably off but I think that's a ton to give up.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Smooth-brains on the main board saying Lindholm , the 26 y/o 50-point player is worth equal or more than Kakko.

Strome is worthless if he needs a $5MX4 contract but Lindholm is untouchable.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
No way they trade Panarin. The optics alone would look horrible. Zibanejad I could see...but not Panarin.

for me, I realize you have to give to get but including zibanejad makes zero sense. if you swapped mika for eichel...they are basically a wash offensively and mika is better defensively. so at best its a wash, possibly you downgraded the 1c for almost double the cap hit and still have no 2c.

the entire point of making the deal would be to have zibanejad & eichel as the 1-2 punch down the middle for 2 seasons until its time for mika to get a raise...then you deal mika at that point rather than giving him 7-8 years at 29 with eichel remaining as the 1C.

imo the price will be to high...but if the deal doesn't result in both those C together for the next 2 years then what is the point?

Reactions: wafflepadsave

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Strome, DeAngelo, Chytil and 22 for Eichel and McCabe ?? too much or fair value??

That is frankly way more what the likely haul is from any team - simply because our prospect pool is overwhelming doesn't mean we'd give it all away.

That package beats what most teams could offer for Eichel without gutting themselves.

I mean, that package (Strome, DeAngelo, Chytil and 22) is vastly better than what it cost for Nash (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a first). I think every component in this hypothetical Eichel package is way better.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
for me, I realize you have to give to get but including zibanejad makes zero sense. if you swapped mika for eichel...they are basically a wash offensively and mika is better defensively. so at best its a wash, possibly you downgraded the 1c for almost double the cap hit and still have no 2c.

the entire point of making the deal would be to have zibanejad & eichel as the 1-2 punch down the middle for 2 seasons until its time for mika to get a raise...then you deal mika at that point rather than giving him 7-8 years at 29 with eichel remaining as the 1C.

imo the price will be to high...but if the deal doesn't result in both those C together for the next 2 years then what is the point?

As I said earlier, I personally think Zib gives you just as good of a chance to win. He may not be as elite offensively, but his all around game makes up for it. This is really only interesting to me if it results in a 1-2 of Zib/Eichel, otherwise it’s just shuffling the chairs.

I don’t know that we’re in a position to make this work. Even if you’re sending Smith the other way, the Kreider contract really inhibits a move like this. You can’t pay Panarin, Eichel, Trouba, Kreider, Zibanejad and then pay Fox, Kakko, Shesty and Laf their raises. Losing Zib doesn’t make sense as you end up in the same situation we’re in now. Sure Eichel is younger and flashier, but you still are shallow at C with one elite player.

Unless Kreider or Trouba were part of it (which I can’t see), I don’t see it really helping us long term. Eichel is just a sexy name. We’d be in the same position.

Reactions: Avery16

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Why would Bob even bother? Why make a 4 tweet thread over absolutely nothing? How does that benefit anybody? I'm not talking about the NYR part, more the Eichel wants out part. I think Eichel wants out, even if it's not being publicly flaunted the way Trouba did. Maybe not this offseason, but if Buffalo doesn't make serious improvements next season, I have a hard time believing Eichel will still be in Buffalo in 2 years.

You try to share with people because it's what they ask for. And more often than not, you get kicked in the balls for it. It's not always a fun experience.

People on social media message boards - "Share what you're hearing, we want to know!"

Response - "Okay, [Insert Team] has discussed [Player] with other team. They're also talking to [Team], [Team] and [Team] about some potential moves."

People on social media and message boards - "What? That's bullshit! Why would you say that? That doesn't make sense! It's stupid! I wouldn't do that! You're full of shit!"

And then people wonder why reporters and others keep shit to themselves and set up private chats.o_O

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
You try to share with people because it's what they ask for. And more often than not, you kicked in the balls for it. It's not always a fun experience.

People on social media message boards - "Share what you're hearing, we want to know!"

Response - "Okay, [Insert Team] has discussed [Player] with other team. They're also looking to [Team], [Team] and [Team] about some potential moves."

People on social media and message boards - "What? That's bullshit! Why would you say that? That doesn't make sense! It's stupid! I wouldn't do that! You're full of shit!"

And then people wonder why reporters and others keep shit to themselves and set up private chats.o_O
Just look at any Friedman thread on the main boards. Half the thread is Neanderthals calling him a liar.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Just look at any Friedman thread on the main boards. Half the thread is Neanderthals calling him a liar.

Look, you guys ask for stuff on here and I share what I can, when I can, without completely blowing my access to info.

Sometimes it's not what everyone wants to hear, or what they agree with. I can live with that.

But to your point, it does get annoying when people want to fight you over the information like it's your decision, or question the legitmacy of things after you've given them the heads up on a notebook's worth of happenings over the years.

It honestly makes you not want to do it. And I'm not even out there using my real name to share this stuff. Even then, you'd be surprised the emails these guys receive.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
You try to share with people because it's what they ask for. And more often than not, you get kicked in the balls for it. It's not always a fun experience.

Response - "Okay, [Insert Team] has discussed [Player] with other team. They're also talking to [Team], [Team] and [Team] about some potential moves."

Perhaps he could have worded that far differently. He could've just kept it as:

"From what I've heard, Eichel doesn't want to leave and Buffalo doesn't want to trade him, though teams have inquired about him."

Same message, far less cryptic and ominous.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Eichel trade doesn’t make sense unless Trouba is in it. This is not an endorsement to trade Trouba, it is basic salary cap math.

Buffalo probably wanted 1OA, rightfully. The only player on Buffalo I am trading 1OA for is Dahlin.

if there was a package that Gorton liked, methinks this would be done already.

I'm not trading 1OA for Dahlin.

Reactions: McSauer

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Look, you guys ask for stuff on here and I share what I can, when I can, without completely blowing my access to info.

Sometimes it's not what everyone wants to hear, or what they agree with. I can live with that.

But to your point, it does get annoying when people want to fight you over the information like it's your decision, or question the legitmacy of things after you've given them the heads up on a notebook's worth of happenings over the years.

It honestly makes you not want to do it. And I'm not even out there using my real name to share this stuff. Even then, you'd be surprised the emails these guys receive.
Is it the King or the Prince to SJS?

Reactions: McSauer

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Any trade for Eichel is going to have Lafreniere. Maybe even straight up

Buffalo isn't trading him for the spare parts you guys are throwing out here. It's gotta be something franchise impacting

That's what was said about Rick Nash, until he was traded for spare parts.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Bob is pretty much retired. I don't think he needs to post things for clicks or because people asked him about it. He also usually takes this entire time of year off for vacation.

Reactions: JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad