Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Trying To Reason With The Upcoming Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Namestnikov is one of those guys who may have more value today in a trade than he does in four months. No guarantee his performance this year will enhance his value. Could be in play at the 20 game turn.

The 20-game mark is always a point where teams look to strengthen their teams based on where they are.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Wouldn't mind something like

Kreider - Zibanejad - Zuccarello
(Trade acquisition) - Chytil - Buchnevich
Spooner - Andersson - Fast
Namestnikov - Howden - Fontaine
Beleskey

Skjei - Shattenkirk
Smith - DeAngelo
Hajek - Pionk
McQuaid

Trade Hayes and Vesey for a package that includes a winger

Put Zucc with KZ to give him the best chance to put up as many points as possible and then trade him at the deadline for a package that also includes a winger.

Staal :dunno:

NHL don`t work like that @hi - look at Buffalo they have going younger all the time when they fail to get a playoffs team going each year. So you need some good veteran players on the team to be successful. 2014 Stanley cup final - Richards, MSL, Rick Nash.

If u always go younger it will get to a point it stagnate especially if the younger players don`t live up to expectations and Rangers drafting is a good example of that. And the only players above 60 pts. for many years are Nash & Zucc, and borderline Miller who we traded to Tampa last year + Stepan since he was part injured in the season he did very well concerning production so he should be above 60 pts.

I`m still aware that Jeff Gorton looking for value at the next TDL for our older players, but if we can`t find an ideal return - it`s better to sign them than get nothing when they are UFA which is rumored that Panarin might go that route, and Leafs got JT for free.

Personally I would like to see following Rangers lines.

Kreider - Zib - Buch
Namestnikov - Chytil - Zucc
Spooner - Hayes - Andersson
Vesey - toughness - Fast

Skjei - Kevin
Smith - DeAngelo
Hajek - McQuaid
-Staal
-Pionk

My reasoning for this lineup - Hayes is more likely better than Andersson as center, so push him to a wing position as long Hayes is here, because Hayes can`t play a wing for us. Namestnikov played very well with the Stamkos line in Tampa. He need top talent and players on his same line to be productive with his hockey IQ and speed. I also like the K-Z-B line so no point to split that line up from past AV seasons. And I like Chytil with Zucc in past NHL games so I believe they can develop line chemistry with Namnestikov who I also enjoyed with the same line as Zucc last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I read the article it was an interesting read and comments by Skjei. They will definitely not play to tank and they are interested to compete and find a winning way. So we will see how far that will get them without a McDavid kind of player that Oilers have for instant a true #1 center. Personally I think most experts in NHL have Rangers just above Islanders bottom out in our division, but if we are going to have a successful season our newly drafted youth need to deliver and live up to the hype Chytil & Andersson who need to be part of top 6 - at least end of this year. But Staal still have NMC so you can`t do much about his contract until 20/21 season so it will be interesting to see what is going to happen.

Reactions: egelband

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I am not hoping for this to occur, but there is a team out there who is in dire need of a PPQB in Edmonton. The Rangers seem to have a few guys who would play well in that spot (Shattenkirk, Pionk, ADA). Would anyone consider trading, say, ADA for similarly talented player?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Stop putting Andersson and Chytil at wing in lineup projections

Would be dumb to do that to them imo

Chytil played wing the entire season before he was drafted. He also played on the wing for the national team this past season. It's not as if he's never played there. I see Chytil's situation as Miller's when it comes to positioning.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I am not hoping for this to occur, but there is a team out there who is in dire need of a PPQB in Edmonton. The Rangers seem to have a few guys who would play well in that spot (Shattenkirk, Pionk, ADA). Would anyone consider trading, say, ADA for similarly talented player?

I'd trade them Shattenkirk if his limited no trade and the salary cap did not prevent it. I guess I just don't see this rebuilds culmination also coinciding with any of the last three years of his contract, nor do I see the Rangers extending him, so I believe at some point he is likely to be traded and perhaps those three years remaining would be attractive to a team who has trouble signing players to term.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Namestnikov is one of those guys who may have more value today in a trade than he does in four months. No guarantee his performance this year will enhance his value. Could be in play at the 20 game turn.
I don't see how he wouldn't. He's a medicore at best player who rode Stamkos and Kucherov's coattails to a decent year. He will not benefit from playing with elite players here.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
One of the lines I'd like to see in the future (If Spooner is still here) is Spooner-Lias-Vitali.

That line has everything you need. You have the defensively responsible work-horse at center (Lias), the creative playmaker and sniper on the right (Vitali) and the passer on the left (Spooner). The line might be lacking experience, and Spooner might be gone by the time Kravtsov comes over, but this is definitely something I would want to see.

Reactions: Do you want ants

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I'd trade them Shattenkirk if his limited no trade and the salary cap did not prevent it.

was thinking about possible trade destinations for Shatty just this morning while driving. there is a 2018 Cup finalist with no RHD depth and an unsigned young RFA D

i don't know if Shatty would go to Edmonton, but he might go to Vegas,
he'd be great add following Patches for a team that's going for it but lacks depth of high-end talent, and Gallant would probably use him smartly

find bundles in each direction and bring back Shea Theodore,
then find a way to cull the left side of some of Staal, Smith, Gilmour, OGara

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

if ADA to EDM, i'd like young upside talent, like former 5th rounderss Bear (RHD) and/or Maksimov (RHF).
most comparable might be Klefbom, both were 19th overall, 2 years apart

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
goodbye Calamia, goodbye Amanda, goodbye Duguay
Gorts bring more folks from Boston ? 8^)

Reactions: kovazub94

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
goodbye Calamia, goodbye Amanda, goodbye Duguay
Gorts bring more folks from Boston ? 8^)

They didn't want to interview a bunch of losers all season, and a coach who doesn't like the media :rolleyes:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
One of the lines I'd like to see in the future (If Spooner is still here) is Spooner-Lias-Vitali.

That line has everything you need. You have the defensively responsible work-horse at center (Lias), the creative playmaker and sniper on the right (Vitali) and the passer on the left (Spooner). The line might be lacking experience, and Spooner might be gone by the time Kravtsov comes over, but this is definitely something I would want to see.

First, we need to put a stickie on this thread, feel free to remove a NYC or one of the tickets threads.

Second, in your role description for the proposed line I read Spooner’s role as a “passenger “.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I saw Jordan Nolan is on waivers. I know he’s not fleet afoot but if the team needs a bit of muscle up front I waaaaay prefer him to McLeod (who I think is ticketed for Hartford anyhow).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad