Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Trying To Reason With The Upcoming Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Gorton needs to get busy making some deals:

Namestnikov + Gilmour or O'Gara for 2nd rounder

Vesey + Bigras or Gilmour for Oscar Lindberg

ADA + Gropp for 2nd rounder

So easy a caveman can do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ori

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

So easy a caveman cad do it.

[mod] You’re literally THE ONLY ONE. He’s had a terrific camp and preaseason. We get it. You hate him. The rest of us prefer him over a mediocre draft pick.

The rest I somewhat agree with. Names should fetch a 2nd by himself. I liked Everything about the McD trade to TB, aside for the Miller/Names swap. That exchange hurts.

And **** Lindberg. He’s meh. Move Vesey for a third. Or keep him if you want someone who can crash the net and chip in 15G as as 4th liner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
You need to get off this ADA nonsense. You’re literally THE ONLY ONE. He’s had a terrific camp and preaseason. We get it. You hate him. The rest of us prefer him over a mediocre draft pick.

The rest I somewhat agree with. Names should fetch a 2nd by himself. I liked Everything about the McD trade to TB, aside for the Miller/Names swap. That exchange hurts.

And **** Lindberg. He’s meh. Move Vesey for a third. Or keep him if you want someone who can crash the net and chip in 15G as as 4th liner.

I "need to"? I need to put you on ignore list after your ridiculous comments.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I "need to"? I need to put you on ignore list after your ridiculous comments.

What exactly was ridiculous..? The part where I agreed with you?

Of the part where you’ve become undeservingly fixated on?

Helen Keller could see the solid play ADA has had all preseason. She could also see how terrible Staal has played for years now.

We get it. You want 90’s style hockey. Stay at home dmen with no transition game or the ability to control and/or move the puck.

Sorry bud. Hockey’s changed. Keep living in the past if it helps you sleep at night.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes need a 1st for ADA + Gropp, but I feel it will be a long season already - so why wait until TDL in 2019 to do some changes.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The NHL season starts in 10 days. Rangers in 11 days.

Zuccarello is one of the survivors, the alternate captain in his eighth camp with the Rangers. At this moment, though, with his contract set to expire and free agency beckoning following the season, chances are far greater that he will go in a deadline rental deal than return for a ninth camp next September.

“That’s the business part that I don’t have control over,” said Zuccarello, who previously played through a final season of his contract in 2014-15 before signing his four-year, $18 million deal just prior to the deadline. “Of course it’s something I’ve thought about, I’m only human, but there’s no point in worrying about something I can’t control. That doesn’t do me any good.

“I’d like to be here, everyone knows that, but if they don’t want me, I’m sure some other team will. But for now, my thoughts are all about doing the best I can to help this team succeed.”

https://nypost.com/2018/09/22/mats-zuccarello-is-ready-for-anything-in-rebuilding-season/

Zuccarello is better off going to a playoff team than spending his few remaining productive years with the Rangers. The guy will be 32 at the start of his next contract. He likes being a Ranger and living in Manhattan but there are other quality organizations in the NHL.

The Rangers are going to be a work in progress all season. It's going to be a very long season.

The Rangers won't be on a plane when the trade deadline hits 3pm on February 25.

They will be in NY and their next game is on the 27th of February against TB at home.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Trade Zucc at the deadline. If he wants to come back on a hometown discount after that then by all means.

I read somewhere that he wants to sign next contract with Penguins where his buddies Brassard and Hagelin are. If that is true then I think the best value is to trade him now rather than wait for the deadline or hoping he signs an extension with us.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Zucc knows them very well, but Penguins has no cap for that, and they try to move one of Brassard or Carl Hagelin recently since their average age start to get too high on that roster. And they have barely 1 mil $ in cap. balance - I`ve a notion that Penguins good run is soon over, because of their ageing stars, but they won couple of cups already.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com

So easy a caveman can do it.

Eww... Terrible asset management.

Lindberg will be on waivers soon enough. But we have a ton of centers. It doesn't make sense to bring him back.

ADA has looked pretty good this preseason. Not sure why you would pull the chord at this point. Would be silly.

Terrible terrible deals.

Do I get ignored now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad