Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Trying To Reason With The Upcoming Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes it might as well happen, and personally I looking forward to see some hockey on Tv again.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yes it might as well happen, and personally I looking forward to see some hockey on Tv again.

For us to push for a playoff spot our young guys need to break out. We need 50-point seasons from both Lias and Chytil, Pionk to take the next step, Skjei to take the next step and ADA to establish himself as NHL player.

Reactions: Ori

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I think he's the symbolic leader, but no way is he the verbal one.

Hank doesn't, by most available evidence, give locker room speeches or organize the team. He's been described by several players as very introverted and self-reflective.
Still, having a guy on the team who is a bonafide superstar and carries himself as such in his preparation and is in game performance makes him more of a captain and ture leader for the group than any rah rah speech could.

Reactions: Rongomania

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Callahan was deeply respected in the Ranger family. An ex-Ranger once told me that Callahan was a terrific captain, one of the very best in his checkered career. I know with some certainty that the Rangers told Tampa this summer that if they needed to move Callahan for salary relief, they would have been available to make a deal. I think that ship has sailed for the moment but I don’t doubt it might surface again later this year.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
From the post on Quinn:

At one point during the day, he suggested his players could go through opponents if they’re in the way rather than around them

I am HUGE fan of this line of thinking.

Hated the passivity of the previous coach.

I was just about to post this but you beat me to it.

Big fan as well :thumbu:

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
From the post on Quinn:

At one point during the day, he suggested his players could go through opponents if they’re in the way rather than around them

I am HUGE fan of this line of thinking.

Hated the passivity of the previous coach.
That quote makes me think that if we someone had the opportunity to draft Tkachuk, he would have been our 1st choice (after Dahlin, of course) he's Quinn's type of player, especially since he coached him last year.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hypothetical. Hopefully he's able to play game 1.

Spooner-Hayes-Zuccarello
Kreider-Chytil-Buchnevich
Vesey-Andersson-Namestnikov
Lindqvist/Meskanen-Holland/Nieves-Fast
Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad