GDT: Rookie Tournament- Habs vs Sens (Monday Sept 18 @ 1:30PM EST) youtube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I do think hell be sent down because we have too many players but he wont stay in Laval long. This is the kid that was drafted 1stOV in the Q not the 5th round pick we got really lucky on.

For me, its only Roy that might have the potential to skip the A this year and develop well in the bigs. When you watch closely all his little plays. The seams he finds in between players legs, the deception he has, his play against the boards and his shot, he looks like he'd be a great add on the top 2 lines. His skating is weak but getting better. Other than that, this kid is solid.
Maybe.

He steals the puck a lot, but I'm being overdramatic and basing it solely on what the players have displayed here and based on that I don't see anyone forcing the team to keep them.

The pre-season games I imagine they'll look better.

Xhekaj beating up someone. I think he gets the only call, or it will be 4 for him, 2 for the sens player

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Farrel and Heineman are the 2 big let downs .
Heineman played a good first period in his first game, and was invisible in his 2nd game. Too bad he isn playing today so we could get another look.
Farrell has shown absolutely nothing so far ; did not see him play NCAA games last year, but man, if that’s what a NCAA stud looks like ?
Beck and Mesar could look good when they practice with NHLers.
I can’t imagine for a long while Kidney playing against big mean pros, he’ll get clobbered.

Sad truth, but Roy looks like like the only forward with NHL upside at this point.
By the end of the season, we’ll have about 10 or 11 genuine NHL Ds in the organization; looks like we’ll have to package a few to get help on the offence.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I haven't watched any of these games, but is there any indication that ANY of these guys can possible make the big team? I haven't seen any comments indicating as such. Are any of them going to be invited to the Habs training camp though?
Roy has the best chance to make the team outright IMO.

Other than him, youll probably have 10-12 kids invited to camp

Reactions: The Real Timo

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Farrel and Heineman are the 2 big let downs .
Heineman played a good first period in his first game, and was invisible in his 2nd game. Too bad he isn playing today so we could get another look.
Farrell has shown absolutely nothing so far ; did not see him play NCAA games last year, but man, if that’s what a NCAA stud looks like ?
Beck and Mesar could look good when they practice with NHLers.
I can’t imagine for a long while Kidney playing against big mean pros, he’ll get clobbered.

Sad truth, but Roy looks like like the only forward with NHL upside at this point.
By the end of the season, we’ll have about 10 or 11 genuine NHL Ds in the organization; looks like we’ll have to package a few to get help on the offence.
We'll have a better understanding with heinemen in the real traning camp,
Once he play with better players

Reactions: SlafySZN

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Imagine a day when Florian develops into a solid bottom 6 and Arber playing 2nd or 3rd pair. f***ing animals that will be hell to play against!

Demolition Ax GIF - Demolition Ax Smash - Discover & Share GIFs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad