GDT: Rookie Tournament- Habs vs Sens (Monday Sept 18 @ 1:30PM EST) youtube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
like i said before, Roy is going to be a very difficult cut. He looks NHL ready in how quick his decision making is. He scans and reads and is ready to move the puck to the right place in a heartbeat. He has a great chance at getting a few games with the big club to start the season if this keeps up
too many forwards, stuck with that fat cow Armia stealing a kid's spot. I don't mind letting him dominate the AHL this year though. No need to rush. For now I'd like RHP and Ylonen to play.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I have no idea what people are talking about.

Based on these 2 games and almost a period three isn't a single hab that's a hard cut.

They're all easily cut based on how things have gone so far.

Reactions: Big Lurk

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I have no idea what people are talking about.

Based on these 2 games and almost a period three isn't a single hab that's a hard cut.

They're all easily cut based on how things have gone so far.
Disagree. Reinbacher is looking really good, pair him with Matheson or Ghule and he might look NHL ready.

Reactions: bopeep

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Disagree. Reinbacher is looking really good, pair him with Matheson or Ghule and he might look NHL ready.
Really good ?

First game you could argue he caused 2 goals against.

This game he looks alright, but he made a move at the blueline that caused a turnover.

It's quite clear he's not ready for the NHL if you only take into account this tournament.

He will need some really nice pre-season games to change that.

Habs are getting sustained pressure, but the lack of skill up front is evident.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Honestly it's a total domination like we should expected with Ottawa timid lineup.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Trudeau is really interesting.. leadership wise I mean
He is directing players pre face off and during shifts themselves
He suggested to Reinbacher they should switch sides RIGHT before the ref dropped the puck to help with their handedness to better receive one timer passes since they were in the O zone

And mid shift he alerts his partner To catch the other team on a line change, which we ended up doing

I can see why he has the C

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Thought Habs were the better team & had the better chances but they are down 0-1 so WTF do I know?

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Mailloux, Trudeau and Roy all looking good. Farrell and Mesar needs to show more but its still only rookie tournament so no need to panic.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I think Ottawa was credited with 6 shots, but I feel like someone accidentally pushed the button to give them one.

Barely any shots. Spunar should have had the one that beat him.

Habs generaterd 12 shots, but had a bunch of zone time. They had maybe 2 dangerous chances.

The lack of quality prospects is evident in this tournament.

Hopefully the 2nd they come out, get some pressure and pop some.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Really good ?

First game you could argue he caused 2 goals against.

This game he looks alright, but he made a move at the blueline that caused a turnover.

It's quite clear he's not ready for the NHL if you only take into account this tournament.

He will need some really nice pre-season games to change that.

Habs are getting sustained pressure, but the lack of skill up front is evident.
Maybe in your eyes but not for me. He look like a man playing among children today.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
really reaching for things to see why Reinbacher was that high of a pick..
You'll see when he's not playing with a bunch of kids
Hope he gets a real pre-season game or 2

Yes, he's not scoring a hat trick.. we obviously did not draft him for that
I'm happy for Columbus getting fantilli and beyond livid Chicago was gifted Bedard for some absurd reason
But these 2 kids are not bringing cups to their teams anytime soon until THEY draft some top flight defensemen of their own.
Where are McDavid and Matthews rings?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Maybe in your eyes but not for me. He look like a man playing among children today.
How?

A man amongst children would be rushing the puck and doing whatever he wants with it. He's not doing that.

He's skating, he's making solid passes and good positionally. I wouldn't hold my previously mentioned turnover against him, but a man amongst children dominates and he's clearly not dominating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad