Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2024 Off-season Thread.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Big organizational shift. Amerks have not employed a tough guy for years.

Now they get two big bodies in Dunne (6'4", 209) and Ty. C. (6'3", 218).

I'm surprised they didn't go this route sooner. They have had a young skilled team for years and have been pushed around.

As one of my chemistry teachers used to say: repetition teaches the donkey.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Big organizational shift. Amerks have not employed a tough guy for years.

Now they get two big bodies in Dunne (6'4", 209) and Ty. C. (6'3", 218).

I'm surprised they didn't go this route sooner. They have had a young skilled team for years and have been pushed around.
They also have Brett Murray as well. And tischke I believe is willing if need be (although he won’t play too much)

They can play tough, that’s for sure

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
As one of my chemistry teachers used to say: repetition teaches the donkey.
I just wonder why it took this donkey so long to learn. Did it take a ruff kick in it's ass?

And who kept wanting to go skill with no protection for those players? Appert? Karmonos? Adams? Pegula? It seemed like it was through the whole organization.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Murray has been one of the few guys who will go so it is all relative.

Yea it’s not really Murray’s game, but he has thrown down. Although I’m sure hockey upbringing is a slight reason for that, seeing as far as I know US hockey follows international rules while Canadian hockey doesn’t.

So when you get to the ECHL+ level, it changes, especially if you’ve never been punched in the face or punched faces before.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yea it’s not really Murray’s game, but he has thrown down. Although I’m sure hockey upbringing is a slight reason for that, seeing as far as I know US hockey follows international rules while Canadian hockey doesn’t.

So when you get to the ECHL+ level, it changes, especially if you’ve never been punched in the face or punched faces before.

USHL has fighting.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
There's a guy who played for the Marlies last season, Zach Solow. Over 100 PIMs last season, AHL contract. Unsigned at the moment. Most importantly he is a right shot.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
More depth. I'm guessing related to the Jets GM.

Not according to Elite Prospects.

:dunno:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Ty Cheveldayoff:

- attended Vegas development camp and NHL training camp for Vegas in 2023

- attended Boston development camp this summer

- ECHL Maine announced they signed him a day before Amerks announced they signed him to an AHL deal.

(Does Maine still hold his EHCL rights then? )

Reactions: Dingo44

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
The way injuries have hit them in recent years, this feels like appropriate depth. Priority prospects aren't set to miss any opportunities, which is all I care about as long as the team around them is competitive.

And yeah no room for Helenius yet.

PS The Novikov-Komarov pairing is a dream for anyone not suffering from "Prospect Fatigue"

What does Warren bring to the table that he was re-signed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad